Motivational March 2022 W.I.S.H. Thread

I am thankful that I get to work from home today. I work in our Downtown area and they have a big St. Patrick's day celebration every year except the last 2. There is a parade and all the bars open by like 6 am. Tons of people walking around and they are almost all drunk and the girls wear the skimpiest of outfits. When I started working here our offices wear on the main road with all the bars. I had a window at street level. Oh My some of the things I have seen. The windows were tinted and people didn't realize we could see them. We have moved from this location so are not by the craziness but being able to avoid this craziness is great.

I'm thankful that I've actually been to Ireland... well, at least to the Dublin airport. It was a connection point on the way to London and I have such a clear memory of the view coming in for landing. So green. I do really want to go back and actually spend some time there.

I'm thankful for the clear blue skies and sunshine we had yesterday afternoon. Without the cloud cover you can really feel the extra hour in the evening that we gained thru the time change.

Morning Friends!! Happy St Patrick’s Day!

I missed whooo-hooo yesterday so I am going to say whooo-hooo for the gorgeous warm weather yesterday!

I am thankful for our warm and dry home to hide out from the rain today! And thankful for the beautiful day they are predicting tomorrow!!

I am thankful that my DD got a new job! She will be doing more of what she went to school for, and she will be getting a raise. There's plenty of room for her to move up as well!

I am thankful that I had a mental health day yesterday. I was refreshed and more prepared for today's shenanigans and festivities.

I am thankful that I am on NOOM. I saw a photo of me that was definitely not flattering, but the good news is that these photos will look better the more weight I lose.

I am thankful for all of you supporting me in my weight loss endeavor.

I am thankful that I have 4 good days behind me!

I am doing ok, slightly anxious about hospital procedure next week but trying to get on with things and not think about it too much. I went to the gym yesterday, and twice last week. I think I know what is causing me relapses, but I am going to give it few weeks before feeling more confident about it. Pacing is working for now which is great.

I am back in the mindset lose it the way you want to keep it, and focusing on how I am feeling, how is my energy etc and it feels good :)

Happy Friday All

we are off work here, St Patricks day and they also gave us a covid bank holiday. The gas boiler is acting up and we are trying to figure out why, my son needs to be seen from out of hours doctor and we hope to go the movies.

I read some advise about long covid, to go by your energy levels not making plans and targets. I think same can be applied to healthy living/weight loss. If you have a lot going on, adding stress to your life to stick to a plan is not always helpful. Seeing what you have on, and trying to live healthy within that is probably more sustainable approach. And to think there will be right time -there are always things to deal with. That's garanteed! 6 more minutes and hopefully I convince out of hour doctor to see him.

Happy Friday!

I've done very well with my new lifestyle goals this week. I'm only $3 over my grocery target, and that is with two flower bouquets purchased during the week... and there is going to be much less food tossed, a double bonus. My scale has died but I can feel that I've lost a pound or two, just by cutting out Starbucks. And I haven't ordered anything off of Amazon, or any on-line, in the two weeks back from vacation... another huge improvement.

This weekend I'm going to drop paint cans off at the paint-recycle location which is close to a place I like to go for lunch, so I'm going to treat myself to a meal out.... plus Goodwill is on the way, so I'll do a drop off. Other than that I'm just going to have a nice relaxing weekend, after a rather good week at work.

Happy Friday!!!! DH and I decided last minute to take today off. I think we both needed a mental health day. We went to breakfast this morning and then cleaned the living room. Our couches went to the curb last night for trash pick up today. So we are doing a good carpet cleaning before the new couches come tomorrow. The kids talked me into bringing them lunch at school and I will pick up DD after school. DS goes to track after school.

Tomorrow will be cleaning day. Our house is a mess from February. It was just a really rough month and the cleaning got pushed to the side. Then on Sunday I get to see the twins in person and hold them for the first time. They both are big enough to get vaccines now so we all feel better about being around them and not getting them sick. I will be watching for about an hour or so while our friends go to a baptism class but we will hang out after as well.

Is anyone doing anything fun this weekend?

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

We made it!

@piglet1979-be sure to post pics of your new furniture!!

@Oneanne-congrats on meeting your goals!!

DH had a 2nd job interview this morning via Zoom (he already had a in person interview with his would be supervisor, this was with the CEO) and he said he was nervous but the CEO kept saying things like “when you are in the position” and “when you start with us”so it seemed to go well. It’s a new division of the company and he would be the first employee, so no firm offer or start date but his would be supervisor said he will reach out soon with that information!

I had been running all day (I am off on Fridays) doing various errands picking up things for our oldest son and mother in laws birthday lunch tomorrow that we are hosting. I cleaned all afternoon and put up folding tables and chairs. DH will pick up the mission BBQ meats tomorrow and I will start baked beans and Mac and cheese in the crock pots in the morning. The family prefers my baked beans and macaroni and cheese to missions, LOL

So birthday party tomorrow and Sunday afternoon I spend at the SPCA volunteering.

In other news, DDs surgeons cleared her to run/walk the Wine and Dine in November!!! Trying not to get too excited incase we don’t get in, but she will be absolutely ecstatic if we get a spot to run/walk. She wanted to do a Disney marathon before her back got so bad and I hope I can surprise her with this news on Tuesday (registration day)!

I hope everyone has a great start to their weekend!

After school yesterday, I was able to see my chiropractor for my shoulder/neck/head pain. He did ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and acupuncture. I normally don’t let him crack my neck, but I made an exception in this case. I had another rough night, but thankfully slept for the majority.

This morning I got my hair highlighted and even though I have some dull pain, I didn’t have any of the sharp shooting pains. Right now we’re waiting at Tile America to pick out bathroom tile. This is a sample of what we are getting:

07CF1B71-38AE-4745-8DB1-0E2D1124C3B0.jpeg

Last edited:
After school yesterday, I was able to see my chiropractor for my shoulder/neck/head pain. He did ultrasound, electrical stimulation, and acupuncture. I normally don’t let him crack my neck, but I made an exception in this case. I had another rough night, but thankfully slept for the majority.

This morning I got my hair highlighted and even though I have some dull pain, I didn’t have any of the sharp shooting pains. Right now we’re waiting at Tile America to pick out bathroom tile. This is a sample of what we are getting:

View attachment 655830
Ooohhh I really like the blue

15/18, which is pretty darn good for me considering I really don’t watch Disney films.

This morning I got right to sorting thru things and am half way thru the closet and built in dresser in the office… I should have the room done tomorrow. Did my GW drop off and am currently getting lunch.

My other thing I’m going to do today is sort thru the food in the fridge and actually plan out the groceries I’m going to get for the week… yes, I’m actually going to do meal planning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter