MOURNING coming home from Disney. I need Rehab. ANYONE ELSE?

Candy30

DIS Veteran
I have been back from Disney 10 days and I am still mourning leaving it. Everytime I write a day in my report, I say I wanna go back!!! We plan to return hopefully in 2011.

Anybody else mourning thier return?
How long has it been?
When do you plan to go again?
Did you write a trip report?

We just got home Sunday...I can feel your pain!! We too miss it and want to go back. We went from 93 degrees Sunday to waking up to 40 degrees this morning and having to put long sleeves & jackets on!!
We too would like to go back in 2011. My boys were the perfect age this visit. I hope they will like it as much 2 years from now!!:)

I too feel your pain. We just returned Tuesday night and were back to work on Wednesday. I would love to go back next year, but we have other things to do. Though we may visit Disneyland during our June California trip for a quick fix. Other than that, we probably won't go back until 2011 as well. I can't wait until the new fantasyland is complete, it's too far away.

I am in the middle of writing the trip report, downloading the pics and playing with Photopass borders. Having fun doing that, but SOOOOOOO jealous of those leaving to go on their trips soon!

We just got home Sunday...I can feel your pain!! We too miss it and want to go back. We went from 93 degrees Sunday to waking up to 40 degrees this morning and having to put long sleeves & jackets on!!
We too would like to go back in 2011. My boys were the perfect age this visit. I hope they will like it as much 2 years from now!!:)
I know. I am so in withdrawal. Did you do a trip report?
I too feel your pain. We just returned Tuesday night and were back to work on Wednesday. I would love to go back next year, but we have other things to do. Though we may visit Disneyland during our June California trip for a quick fix. Other than that, we probably won't go back until 2011 as well. I can't wait until the new fantasyland is complete, it's too far away.

I am in the middle of writing the trip report, downloading the pics and playing with Photopass borders. Having fun doing that, but SOOOOOOO jealous of those leaving to go on their trips soon!

LOL I like the quick fix. I will look up your trip report. It's a little fix for now. :)

Looks like we got back on the same day as you did and yes I feel the same way. I am trying to edit our 3000 pictures but looking at them right now just makes me sad (sounds strange I know). I keep thinking a week ago at this time or two weeks ago at this time I was doing this and that just makes it worse.

For those of you who are planning on going back in 2011 I started a thread in the countdowns and live reports section for 2011 planning if you would like to join in. I love the planning stages so I thought I would get it going so we can keep each other from going crazy with the wait.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2291935

I'm always in mourning when I'm not in the world. Can't wait until New Years when I go back.

Leaving WDW is the hardest thing we do and that's after 43 trips so far. We're 60 years old and still enjoy the magic and talk everyday where we were this time last week. Trip report, I don't think so, this board over the years has gotten too critical of a persons description and details of their vacation. I've read others and no sooner is it posted with their observations and comments then other posters just on them, we'll just keep our experiences to ourselves.

I can't say I do. I love WDW, but there is so much more to life than Disney. When I come home, I enjoy my time scrapbooking and making considerations for another trip.

I do the same thing when I look at the pictures. 5 days ago we were... It was a rainy morning and on our way to school/work my daughter said..."this time in Disney we were..." SIGH.

I agree there is more in life but a break from the hecticness of life is nice.:)

I'm already dreading our departure day and we haven't even gone on our trip yet. We leave in 13 days for a short 4 day stay. I'm excited about going but sad to think that it is almost over. DH says I need help.:confused3

I always feel the same way. I start planning our next trip the day we get home (it helps a little).

I'm right there with you! We just got home today...the first few days after getting back are always the hardest.

Not exactly sure when we'll be back. I coach at a national skating competition every other year, and in 2011 its in San Diego, so we are planning maybe 3 or so days at Disneyland, which will be a first for us.

As far as Disney World...maybe a short trip next year at this time. My cousin will be hopefully doing the college program, so we'd like to take a trip to see him, especially if he gets placed in his dream position...Haunted Mansion.

My kids are only 5 and 1 though, so hopefully we have many trips ahead of us!

I feel everyone's pain!!! We have been home for about 3 weeks now and I am genuinely sad that our trip is over!!! My DBF can't understand why I feel so depressed. But I am lucky in 2 ways; we only live 40 mins from Disneyland and I booked a bounceback for September 2010.

But now DBF doesn't want to go to Disneyland because he says that we just spent so much time at WDW!!!! Ohhhh, to be a Disney nut like me!!!!

I'm right there with you! We just got home today...the first few days after getting back are always the hardest.

I don't know, I was OK when we came home the end of August - but then that's probably because I had so much work to do! Now I'm really missing WDW, so much so it's like a constant ache!! I really want to go back next year, as I'm having such a rubbish time in work at the moment I want something to look forward to. But we really need new windows, so never mind. :sad2:

We are back a month today and it feels like it was a long time ago that we were there. My question is how to become independently weathly so I can go whenever I want....since that will not happen anytime soon, I spend time on the boards, listen to podcasts and start planning the next trip, hopefully next summer.

We are a military family living an hour away from WDW. We will move elsewhere in two years and my DH is already trying to find a 12 step program for my withdrawals. I would go everyday if I could.

Oh boy can I relate to how you feel. We were there in May for 10 days at BCV. It rained 9 of the 10 days so it wasn't as perfect as we had hoped and planned. Luckily, we have been several times so didn't feel like we had to see everything but I still feel like we didn't get to accomplish a whole lot because of the monsoon. I started feeling sad the day before it was time to leave and really sad when we got home. It is such a let down to know that your magical vacation that you had planned for months is now over. Unfortunately, my husband does not share my passion for WDW so he doesn't feel the need to rush back. I am hoping to return next year. Trying to put together an extended family trip. In the meantime, I frequent these boards to get my Dis Fix. I think about it daily and can't wait to get back there. It is my happy place.

I can relate!

I have been home from WDW for less than 2 weeks and I am in a really big post-WDW funk!

I'm so sad I don't have another trip planned (yet!) and I miss WDW alot!
I actually feel SAD! :sad1::sad1:

We got home this past Sunday and I've been in a funk all week. This was the best trip we've ever had and also the first trip that we've taken since I started working full time after having my daughter. I think the thing that I miss most is all the time we had together as a family. It was awesome!

Oh well, there's always next year!

My sister and I got back last Sunday and we're both missing WDW and the Poly badly. We were there for 11 days and still it flew by..

I have true WDW addiction though, so I'm already planning next year. Trying to decide if I should keep with September or try November to catch some of the Christmas decorations. I'll probably book in the next month or so-that always makes me feel better.;)

It's sad too, because part of me wants to try new resorts but I love the Poly so dang much..my sister is a new Poly lover too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter