Movies Not represented

britdis

Earning My Ears
I was thinking about this the other day on the train home, there are a lot of big disney movies that surprisingly don't have any permanent spot in Disney World.
By Permanent, i mean a ride, show, restaurant or shop. Not just a character.
Whilst movies like Lady & The Tramp or Bugs Life are featured these strangely are not

Jungle Book: Despite having an obvious home in the Animal Kingdom, all the Jungle Book has is a couple of characters for autographs

The Rescuers: Good enough for a theatrical sequal (back when this was rare) and perfect for a dark ride storyline, yet still missing

Bambi: One of the most well known movies, yet absolutely nothing in the parks

Aristocats: Surely an obvious choice for a jazz style restaurant.

Bedknobs and Broomsticks/Mary Poppins/Robin Hood: Tailormade for the UK pavillion yet neither feature

What do you guys condier to be the most suprising missing movie?

Well, how about Sleeping Beauty? One of their iconic characters and nothing in the park besides a meet and greet?

I always wondered why they haven't done more with their Pixar movies like Cars or The Incredibles.

I have thought about this before too. Here are my movies that would make great additions to WDW:

The Incredibles: You go so do a thrill ride based on this movie, like a roller coaster of some sort.

Tarzan

Alice in Wonderland,

Wall-E

Jungle Book is a good one that has already been mentioned.

I'd like to see something with Robin Hood. You don't even see the charactors out now.

Jungle Book at AK would be perfect!

I would love to see something...anything for Meet the Robinsons. How perfect is this movie for Tomorrowland.

One of my favorites, and a very underrated movie, is Atlantis. That would be a cool ride. Like 20,000 leagues under the sea!

Other non represented movies, though maybe not as popular...

Hercules (used to have the characters out, but not anymore...)
101 Dalmatians
Chicken Little - I wouldn't mind hanging out in Oakey Oaks :goodvibes
Hunchback of Notre Dame - I miss that stage show at Hollywood Studios! (well, it was MGM at the time) that was awesome!!!!

And I've always thought that a Mary Poppins ride would be fun. Like you could jump into a chalk drawing or were holding onto an umbrella and soaring over London. Kind of like Peter Pan's Flight. maybe too similar then :laughing:

I have thought about this before too. Here are my movies that would make great additions to WDW:

The Incredibles: You go so do a thrill ride based on this movie, like a roller coaster of some sort.

Tarzan

Alice in Wonderland,

Wall-E

Jungle Book is a good one that has already been mentioned.

Alice has a ride (tea cups) and meet and greet in two different parks (MK and EPCOT)

Incredibles can be found at HS

Tarzan used to have a GREAT stage show at AK, but they replaced it with Nemo

Alice in Wonderland,

The Teacups ride is Alice In Wonderland themed is it not?

I purposely didn't include the most recent movies because it takes time for Disney to decide it's a big enough hit to be worth a full attraction, look at how long it took Nemo/Toy Story to reach the parks.

Black Cauldron

No love for Gurgi's Munchie-Crunchies? :rotfl2:

(This was a little restaurant -more like a snack shop really- that got rethemed after the initial release of "Black Cauldron". Oddly, it kept the name for so long it was almost as if Disney was daring hardcore fans to recognize the character on the sign; remember "BC" was vaulted for years and years.)

You're right about the Teacups. I don't know what I was thinking. When I wrote the post I was thinking more of a ride like Pooh or Peterpan where you go through the movie.

I'd like to see something with Robin Hood. You don't even see the charactors out now.

Jungle Book at AK would be perfect!

And the thing is, you know they can do it because they've done it in Disneyland Paris. Everything there is animal themed, and focuses primarily on the animal stories and their characters--the Jungle Book, Aristocats, and Robin Hood are huge, and instead of dining in the castle with Cinderella, you dine at Lady Tremaine's with Suzie and Pearla, Cinderella's mice. I loved to see the focus shift to some of the more overlooked movies!

I'm really disappointed that they don't have more Pinocchio stuff! I know that they have meet and greets, that Jiminy Cricket narrates wishes and that there is a Pinocchio themed restaurant in MK, but I don't think thats enough!:confused3

I was looking for Pinocchio souvenirs on my last trip and couldn't find ANYTHING! There was a Pinocchio Vinylmation, a snow globe and thats about it. I looked everywhere including DTD and could not find one stuffed animal, shirt, "toothpick holder", or key chain.

Treasure planet!! One of the most forgotten/swept under the rug/underrated disney movies in history.
The only thing I found at disney was a pin, which i promptly purchased.

Not even a meet n greet! Humph. :snooty:

Treasure planet!! One of the most forgotten/swept under the rug/underrated disney movies in history.
The only thing I found at disney was a pin, which i promptly purchased.

Not even a meet n greet! Humph. :snooty:
While I am a fan of the movie, the fact is it did terribly at the box office and was one of a few duds that shutdown traditional animation at Disney for a time. A movie that isn't a theatrical success is unlikely to ever get much, if any, representation at the park, despite the monstrous potential for a Treasure Planet ride.

As for many of the popular movies without attractions, there is only so much space at the park and there are a lot of Disney movies. Many couldn't be implemented without first getting rid of existing rides.

While I am a fan of the movie, the fact is it did terribly at the box office and was one of a few duds that shutdown traditional animation at Disney for a time. A movie that isn't a theatrical success is unlikely to ever get much, if any, representation at the park, despite the monstrous potential for a Treasure Planet ride.

As for many of the popular movies without attractions, there is only so much space at the park and there are a lot of Disney movies. Many couldn't be implemented without first getting rid of existing rides.

That is a good point. I'll just have to make my peace with the fact that not everyone saw it three times in theaters like i did :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter