Movies where the end suprized you

When Apollo 13 came out my wife and I went with friends to go see it. We are about 1/2 way through the movie when my wife grabs my arm and says, "do they make it?"
Me: Huh? You mean, you really don't know?
Wife: NO! Tell ME!
Me: Oh HECK NO! This makes the movie so much better for you.

Still one of the funniest things ever.

Yep. I love the James Bond movies but you always know he will come out on top. OnaTopp.

It wasn't at the end, but Spider Man: Far from Home. I've collected comic books and knew a bit about Spider Man, but didn't really know much about Mysterio since I didn't read Spider Man titles (mostly X-Men). That threw me for a loop. Also the J Jonah Jameson twist at the end surprised me since he was always the Publisher of the Daily Bugle, but then he became a blogger.

Surprised no one has mentioned Crying Game. To be honest, I kinda knew going in. I would say the shock value has probably gone away a bit in this day-and-age, but still - shocking, nonetheless.

Just remembered, surprised in a bad way, the Tom Cruise vehicle, "Far and Away". Seriously, just walk out 15 minutes before the end. The movie would be so much better without that ending.

Why didn't you like the ending???

Last edited:
In addition to many of the good ones already mentioned, I’ll add Cast Away. It makes you choose your dentist more carefully.

If you didn't leave the movie before that point, you kind of deserve what you get. Not one of Tom Cruise or Ron Howard's best IMHO.

Totally disagree. It was a really great movie with a great ending. Do not get at all what anyone meant by bad ending. Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman had the best chemistry, they were magic on screen. Loved it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter