Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

In my opinion, on days even when the park is open for 12 hours, I would just stay in the park. I say that because transportation can easily add an hour each way. That's valuable park time. I would spread out what you are doing over the 12 hour period. Then once the park closes head out to the hotel or DS for dinner or something.

During our trip earlier this year, the parks had short hours like they are now since it was "off season". The original plan was to do a midday break then return. Once we saw the hours, and all the transportation hoops we would've had to go through, we just stuck it out. Things can be a little different with the parks now since they aren't as crowded, but still take into account leaving the park, getting to the transportation, the ride to the hotel, nap, getting back up, and traveling back to the parks.
Awesome! Thank you!!! We normally don’t take breaks at DL. But not sure how we will handle the 3 hour time difference. 😴I’m thinking it will be hardest for the tweens. They have both started to sleep in now. They can deal for a week of fun!! Getting them up and going will be part of the adventure! 🤣

In my opinion, on days even when the park is open for 12 hours, I would just stay in the park. I say that because transportation can easily add an hour each way. That's valuable park time. I would spread out what you are doing over the 12 hour period. Then once the park closes head out to the hotel or DS for dinner or something.

During our trip earlier this year, the parks had short hours like they are now since it was "off season". The original plan was to do a midday break then return. Once we saw the hours, and all the transportation hoops we would've had to go through, we just stuck it out. Things can be a little different with the parks now since they aren't as crowded, but still take into account leaving the park, getting to the transportation, the ride to the hotel, nap, getting back up, and traveling back to the parks.

Good points, thank you! I am so excited for AK so I might not want to leave during the day anyways. We can always swim (and by we... I mean my son while I have a drink poolside lol!) in the evenings.

I think the only park I’d consider taking a break would be Epcot since we can use the Skyliner and I’m just not sure if there’s enough to do to spend all day there? Could be wrong tho.

Good points, thank you! I am so excited for AK so I might not want to leave during the day anyways. We can always swim (and by we... I mean my son while I have a drink poolside lol!) in the evenings.

I think the only park I’d consider taking a break would be Epcot since we can use the Skyliner and I’m just not sure if there’s enough to do to spend all day there? Could be wrong tho.
Yeah Epcot is a weird one. We actually didn’t care for it as much as others do. I think they may have been due to use going in winter with shorter hours, no food festival, and refurbs. That could easily be a half day or a day you take a break then return

Yeah Epcot is a weird one. We actually didn’t care for it as much as others do. I think they may have been due to use going in winter with shorter hours, no food festival, and refurbs. That could easily be a half day or a day you take a break then return

Maybe we’ll even pick that day to sneak over to Disney Springs for a break. I’m reading about how crazy crowded DS in the evenings so a quick midday visit on a weekday might be the way...

I'm not brave enough to wade into the WDW boards yet so curious if anyone here knows. I noticed when I booked my spring break trip that it was allowing the option of Parkhopper tickets. I thought park hopping currently wasn't being allowed and it looks like park reservations will still be in place when we go (early April). Have they announced parkhopping will be allowed again? I didn't purchase park hoppers and I know hopping is not as easy or recommended at WDW (though I did both DHS and Epcot on a one day solo trip and it was great) but if we do go, I am worried about my kids getting bored with a full day at Epcot so park hopping that day might be useful. We could also just head back to the resort for pool time though, I'm sure.

I'm not brave enough to wade into the WDW boards yet so curious if anyone here knows. I noticed when I booked my spring break trip that it was allowing the option of Parkhopper tickets. I thought park hopping currently wasn't being allowed and it looks like park reservations will still be in place when we go (early April). Have they announced parkhopping will be allowed again? I didn't purchase park hoppers and I know hopping is not as easy or recommended at WDW (though I did both DHS and Epcot on a one day solo trip and it was great) but if we do go, I am worried about my kids getting bored with a full day at Epcot so park hopping that day might be useful. We could also just head back to the resort for pool time though, I'm sure.
They're selling parkhopper tickets starting on Jan 1st 2021 but there hasn't been any announcement as to when the ability to parkhop will actually return. I would just count on only getting 1 park per day for the foreseeable future.

*****ADR ALERT*****

Tons of dining reservations for WDW have dropped overnight for Nov and Dec. I snagged Topolino's breakfast, Beaches & Cream and Oga's at times of my choice (and Oga's and Beaches were for 5).

REMEMBER- if in doubt BOOK IT. You can cancel free up to 24 hours before the reservation.

Nobody knows why this availability suddenly opened up, extra ADRs are available as soon as tomorrow. Maybe they increased capacity, maybe they held back ADRs when they originally opened. I'm sure we'll know the answer to if they increased dining capacity soon.

Last edited:
@TikiTikiFan there's been a bit more chatter that the Landry's Card isn't the silver bullet it used to be. Some people mentioned it works fine, Rainforest Cafe AK told me via phone they do take it for priority seating, but some have said Yak and Yeti will turn cardholders away if they are very busy or put them on a waitlist of anywhere from 5-45 mins if they are busy.

With today's ADR drop I was able to make Y&Y reservations so I did and I went ahead and made RC AK reservations as well. AK is open until 7pm on one of my days but the latest ADR I could for my trip in a couple weeks was still 4:45pm and the website showed a 5pm close.

@TikiTikiFan there's been a bit more chatter that the Landry's Card isn't the silver bullet it used to be. Some people mentioned it works fine, Rainforest Cafe AK told me via phone they do take it for priority seating, but some have said Yak and Yeti will turn cardholders away if they are very busy or put them on a waitlist of anywhere from 5-45 mins if they are busy.

With today's ADR drop I was able to make Y&Y reservations so I did and I went ahead and made RC AK reservations as well. AK is open until 7pm on one of my days but the latest ADR I could for my trip in a couple weeks was still 4:45pm and the website showed a 5pm close.

Good to know!

All my Touring Plans reservation finders started dinging in the middle of the night so I managed to get everything I’ve been wanting- yay! The app and the website says dining reservations aren’t available now so I wonder if everyone logging on crashed it?

Good to know!

All my Touring Plans reservation finders started dinging in the middle of the night so I managed to get everything I’ve been wanting- yay! The app and the website says dining reservations aren’t available now so I wonder if everyone logging on crashed it?
Probably lol #DisneyIT When they dropped MMRR FPs back in March the website crashed intermittently once word got out so not unprecedented.

Probably lol #DisneyIT When they dropped MMRR FPs back in March the website crashed intermittently once word got out so not unprecedented.

I was in the process of trying to modify my AK Rainfotest Cafe for later in the day when it went down but I’ll keep an eye on it. I did order the Landry card so I could also cancel the time I have and just try to walk in with the card at the time I prefer..

I was in the process of trying to modify my AK Rainfotest Cafe for later in the day when it went down but I’ll keep an eye on it. I did order the Landry card so I could also cancel the time I have and just try to walk in with the card at the time I prefer..
System is 100% down now

And the worriers among us *raises hand* are praying they don't cancel what we scored today because it was an "error"

System is 100% down now

And the worriers among us *raises hand* are praying they don't cancel what we scored today because it was an "error"

I would be furious because I cancelled existing dining reservations for places like Hollywood & Vine for a better time slot with the reservation drop. Oh please let that not happen! Unfortunately, it didn’t give me a choice to keep the first one because the times were too close.

I would be furious because I cancelled existing dining reservations for places like Hollywood & Vine for a better time slot with the reservation drop. Oh please let that not happen!
Ditto on Beaches and Cream for me. Or maybe I modified my original vs cancel and replace? Life was fast and furious and stupidly early this morning with these ADRs!

The more I think about it the more I think (hope?) they wouldn’t cancel the reservations people got because that would be a customer service nightmare. I would hope if it is a glitch they stopped it in enough time and can just make the additional reservations work out? Lots of hope haha.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter