Moving a DLR Trip to Walt Disney World- Let’s Talk!

I go to Disneyland all the time. I'm really missing it, thinking about a trip to Disney World. Have any other Disneyland regulars done that? Any tips?

I go to Disneyland all the time. I'm really missing it, thinking about a trip to Disney World. Have any other Disneyland regulars done that? Any tips?
Thanks! All the threads were a bit overwhelming, I'll go read that one
Welcome to the DIS and welcome to this thread! Other posters were feeling overwhelmed by the WDW boards, so this thread for DLR vets came to be. :) Feel free to read through and to ask questions. You'll get good help here!

We just got back!!! Trip was so great!! AK was our favorite park and we regretted only having one day there. We rode EE 6 times! And FOP blew us away!!! What a gorgeous park too. Can’t wait to go back again and explore more!

Next time we will take a break day in the middle. 5 days of rope drop (well before official opening) to close and walking almost 60 miles wore us out!! 🤣😂 we slightly slept in on our last HS day since we got a boarding group that was a bit later and arrived around 9:30.

We got to ride ROTR twice, which was our goal. And wow. Just wow. I cried after the first time on it. It was just incredible. So happy we didn’t watch any spoilers beforehand.

Those of you planning feel free to ask me any questions!

I’ll try to post more later when I have more time. Just wanted to pop in real fast and give an update.
Animal Kingdom >>>>>>>

That park is the best. Just beautiful. Next time I go, I'm going to try 2 days there.

Good place to start is to ask if you’ve ever been to WDW before.

There are plenty of similarities but many differences as well (COVID aside).

Good place to start is to ask if you’ve ever been to WDW before.

There are plenty of similarities but many differences as well (COVID aside).
No, I've never been. I'd love to see Animal Kingdom and Epcot, and I've looked up some rides that are different between DW and DL that I'd like to go on.

Hello recent returnees. We are planning for ROTR Boarding Groups and stuck on this question:

Has anyone setup their kids (over 13) with their own MDX app/account, and used it with the party to attempt for Boarding Passes at the same time? Or is it better to share the primary login and work in parallel that way?

On the DLR app, we have always just shared a login and it worked great for Maxpass and such. MDX looks to handle families a little differently, and I'm concerned about having two devices logged in trying for boarding passes. Do the two apps work the same way?

No, I've never been. I'd love to see Animal Kingdom and Epcot, and I've looked up some rides that are different between DW and DL that I'd like to go on.
Do you plan to do all parks? How long do you want your trip to be?
I'm not a WDW expert by any means. I've gone 3 times in my life. Once at age 5, again at age 7...,my parents obviously planned those trips. Then I went again early this year. This most recent trip I went with my BFF. We did just 4 days. One day for each park. We would have done longer, but time constraints and budgeting kind of got in the way.

I would suggest a minimum of 6-7 days. Even with COVID. Basically with WDW the longer the trip the better because you can see and do everything.

The big difference between WDW and DL is the size, transportation, and operational aspects.

Hello recent returnees. We are planning for ROTR Boarding Groups and stuck on this question:

Has anyone setup their kids (over 13) with their own MDX app/account, and used it with the party to attempt for Boarding Passes at the same time? Or is it better to share the primary login and work in parallel that way?

On the DLR app, we have always just shared a login and it worked great for Maxpass and such. MDX looks to handle families a little differently, and I'm concerned about having two devices logged in trying for boarding passes. Do the two apps work the same way?
Hello! My husband and I were both on my MDE account, he never even made an account.

He was on his iPhone 12 on data. I was on my iPhone 12 using WiFi from Coronado springs. We tried for boarding groups both of our HS park days. My husband got it both times. BG 40 and BG 33.

We also both ran speed tests to check the latency. He loves teasing me that he got the BGs without ever practicing. And I practiced for weeks ahead of time. Lol

Hope that helps! It was so nice to go in the park in the morning and not have to stress about a BG. All the stress was totally worth it too! So fun and incredible!!

I tried for a boarding group from my phone (iPhone 11pro) and my son tried using his ipod touch- both on the same MDE account with no issues. I got the boarding group both times, I used the hotel wifi since I was getting poor service. I also did a speed test in the hotel room to double check beforehand.

I think having a fast phone matters the most in this... even if that's not the most equitable thing. My son's ipod touch (newest version too!) didn't stand a chance compared to my iPhone. But like with most things, that's not always the case as I've seen lots of folks report they got boarding groups with older phones. I imagine it does help though to have a faster one.

Hello! My husband and I were both on my MDE account, he never even made an account.

He was on his iPhone 12 on data. I was on my iPhone 12 using WiFi from Coronado springs. We tried for boarding groups both of our HS park days. My husband got it both times. BG 40 and BG 33.

We also both ran speed tests to check the latency. He loves teasing me that he got the BGs without ever practicing. And I practiced for weeks ahead of time. Lol

Hope that helps! It was so nice to go in the park in the morning and not have to stress about a BG. All the stress was totally worth it too! So fun and incredible!!

Thanks! That is funny and I have read a couple times that data is the way to go. I'm sure it varies by location though.

We tested it today with the same login. Two out of four did not get in, which matches your results. Tell him to take it easy on you. :)

Thanks! That is funny and I have read a couple times that data is the way to go. I'm sure it varies by location though.

We tested it today with the same login. Two out of four did not get in, which matches your results. Tell him to take it easy on you. :)
What service provider do you have? Earlier this year it seemed T-Mobile and Verizon were the fastest. At&T was the slowest. Not sure about Sprint. Not sure if this is still the case. I have Verizon and was able to get Group 18 back in January on data with my iphone XR.

@midnight star covered most of the basics. 👍🏼

It’s been a long time since I’ve been back to WDW but one of the things that I recall the most was the feeling of how spread out it was. This isn’t just the park’s distances from each other, but the size of the parks themselves. That’s something that doesn’t get brought up as much it seems. I’m so used to DL attractions being right next to each other. Going from HM to BTMRR at MK felt like quite a hike. Going from BTMRR to Space Mtn is quite a hike. lol

It took my trip to Disneyland Paris a few years ago for me to stop comparing other Disney parks to Disneyland. Yes, there will be differences everywhere and yes, some differences are difficult to ignore, but that can be part of the fun too. 👍🏼

Thanks, also I'm glad you had a great trip. Any last minute transportation info? My understanding is: No boats at Disney Springs or Epcot/Beach/Boardwalk. Boats are running at MK. Monorail not running to Epcot.

Any tips or corrections? There is SO much old info out there.
The Monorail is running, but not sure where to.
Skyliner has been popular. Not sure how it runs. @TikiTikiFan I think used it during her stay recently.

Buses are also in use. If you stay at an onsite hotel, check the resort threads and see how transportation is working for that specific hotel. Those threads helped me a ton for my stay. They are accurate and most up to date on current operations.

Thanks, also I'm glad you had a great trip. Any last minute transportation info? My understanding is: No boats at Disney Springs or Epcot/Beach/Boardwalk. Boats are running at MK. Monorail not running to Epcot.

Any tips or corrections? There is SO much old info out there.
This thread is also helpful. It's a big thread, but if you read the recent pages, you will understand how things are currently.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/here-now-just-back-wdw-reopening-experiences.3807247/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter