• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Mugs???

goin2disneyagain

<font color=FF00CC>AKL- A WILD place to visit!<br>
We are trying out the Universal Resorts for the 1st time. We have stayed at many WDW Resorts and are wondering if the Universal Resorts have their own version of the refillable mugs....

Resorts, no.

Parks yes. They cost about 10-14 dollars and you get refills for less than 2 dollars.

hey spidey: how do those cups work? do you just get refills that day? how big are they? and where can you get them refilled?

Hey there. You pay for the mug. Then you get refills throughout the day for less than $2. Now it says it's good for the day you purchase it, but people have reported that they use it throughout their stay.

Oh man...not a mug debate on the Universal board...:teeth: Just kidding. We used ours for 5 days the last time we were there. They never said anything to us. In fact alot of times we would just get them filled with ice and water for no charge. Wow, if I had posted this over on the WDW boards this thread would have been a mile long. I used two of the no-no subjects: refillable mugs and the Orlando water.:p

Can someone, in 50 words or less ;) , tell me what the deal is with the great WDW refillable mug debate? I have heard they get ugly, and for the life of me I cannot figure out how/why a topic as bland as refillable mugs could stir it up so much. PM would be fine. Just morbib curiousity I guess. Thanks.

I think it is because some people think they are just good for one vacation and others think they are good for life and no one seems to know for sure. So people accuse others of taking advantage of the situation.

Thank you SpideyHulk24 for answering my question. I have to say though, I don't know why the WDW mug debate issue had to be brought up. It really wasn't necessary....

goin2disneyagain- It was meant totally as a joke. If you read enough posts over here on the Universal boards, you will see us occasionally elude to the "hot topics" over on the WDW boards . The majority of those posting over here are alot less uptight than some of those over on the other boards. It really is silly what they will argue about sometimes. So my apologies if it was taken the wrong way. :D

The big difference between reusing the WDW mugs vs the Universal mugs is that at Universal the refills are not free so reusing them on another trip is not a big deal. At WDW refills at most places are free so using an old mug does spark debate.

I was going to bring an old mug to Universal last week, but my Sponge Bob mug is so large and heavy I didn't want to tote it and I was afraid of smooshing my husband's treasured Spiderman mug. I ended up buying a different Sponge Bob refillable.

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter