Muppet Mayhem March Exercise Challenge

More exciting color changes to announce:

Congrats Shrfleen and Fitgirl36 for achieving Fozzie Bear Orange!
Congrats Sophy1996 and PollyannaMom for reaching Swedish Chef Purple!
Congrats Tasha228 for achieving goal and Kermit the Frog WISH Green!

Just wanted to do a quick update before bed, but it's getting late and my eyes keep closing so I'll share some interesting tidbits/media tomorrow

Congrats LizardQueen8 for reaching Swedish Chef Purple!
Also last time I forgot to mention that as a team we also reached Swedish Chef Purple.
We now stand at 7121 total minutes and 58% of our collective goal!

Today's focus is on the character Rowlf the Dog.

upload_2017-3-19_23-34-10.png

Rowlf first appeared in 1962 in a series of Purina Dog Chow commercials. Rowlf rose to stardom as Jimmy Dean's sidekick on The Jimmy Dean Show. The show ran from 1963 until 1966. Rowlf the Dog was a regular on the show, and was billed as Jimmy's "ol' buddy."
He is the resident piano player on the Muppet Show.

After the death of Jim Henson, Rowlf continued to appear in Muppet productions, silently (and usually briefly). A rumor arose that the character would be permanently silent as a sign of respect for Jim Henson. Rowlf was not immediately recast and kept in the forefront like Kermit, because at the time, the Muppeteers didn't feel there was a suitable and appropriate performer for the task. Eventually, Bill Barretta took on the character and gradually transitioned into the role.

Here are some early clips for your enjoyment:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter