My Bougainvilleas Have Exploded Here in FL!

Seahunt

DIS Veteran
Wow, big difference in one year! Pretty scrawny when planted:

Flower.jpg

and this year - kaboom!

Bougainvilla32.jpg

I told my DH that Florida is just a giant greenhouse, everything I put in the ground seems to go out of control! :rotfl:

(BTW - I have only used Bayer Rose Care 2 in 1 systemic on them)

I think they're on steroids or something! :rotfl:

Every couple weeks my DH has to go out and lop off the tops so they don't grow too tall - when I bought them I knew they'd grow sideways and hoped they'd fill out to cover some of the stucco wall, but didn't consider that their thorns would "attach" themselves to the screen (cage) of the lanai over the pool and they'd try to grow to the moon! (top of the wall is where screen starts) Yikes!

They are beautiful though - I told my DH today when I looked at them in the full sun they almost hurt to look at them because they are soooo vivid. :cool2:

And I also have a jasmine planted around the corner and it is just full of blooms right now. The neighbor has some citrus in bloom right across the lawn from that, and between the two of those you can hardly breathe because it smells so good - Florida in technicolor AND smellovison! :rotfl:

I planted one last year and it died during the winter. I am sad about it. it was a purple-ish color and so beautiful. I am afraid to plant another and lose it too. But I love how big and beautiful yours is!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter