My Disney Christmas PTR

Mum to Belle

<font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone
Hello and thanks for reading! Less than four weeks to go now so here's my pre-trip report...

Cast
Me – 35 Disney lover
DD – 4 Disney Princess
DMIL – 60 (Not been back to DLP since it opened!) Here's a photo...

Where – Hotel New York
When – 3rd – 5th December 2010

So, after our first family trip last September, DH declared himself Disney-ed Out for at least 2 years! As a result DD & I went back in May this year with my Mum and had a girls trip – cold but great fun!! I had resigned myself to no more trips for a while and then... I checked my Airmiles account and noticed a 1500 Airmile voucher I had earned which expired 31.12.10! (I thought it was valid for 12 months) Clearly it would have been foolish to allow the voucher to expire, and it was just enough for DD & I to fly to Paris (how convenient?!) but DH still didn’t want to go. He agreed that DD & I should go but we had to invite his Mum this time. So, I popped the question to Grandma who said yes, and by the end of the week the trip was all booked!! :yay: :santa: :yay: :santa:

As it was so unexpected I had no annual leave left to take which meant booking a weekend trip as I don’t work on a Friday. I know it will be crazily busy but as DD is only just 4 the big thrill rides don’t really feature in our itineraries just yet! The parks open at 9am when we’re there so we will have to up early to make the most of EMH, not sure this meets Grandma’s idea of a holiday but I’m working on that! I have mentioned the mulled wine and that seems to be going down well! ;)

We have some must do’s for the trip:
:santa: Meeting Santa
:santa: Mickey’s Winter Wonderland Show
:santa: Christmas Tree & Castle Lighting
:santa: Fantillusion
:santa: Ice Skating at the hotel
:santa: Toy Story Playland
:santa: Take photos of Walts Wine List :rotfl:

DD & I are really looking forward to being in the park when it’s dark which will be a first for us! We’re hoping to ride Casey Jr for the first time too – if it’s open! It goes without saying that we will have to ride IASW at least once every day! I’m also planning to get some shopping done this time.

We have more restaurants we want to visit than we have meal times available! Anyway, here is the current meal plan...

Friday lunch – Walt’s Quick Lunch :cloud9:
Friday dinner – Cafe Mickey for pizza
Saturday lunch - Auberge
Saturday dinner – Pizza Planet Buffet
Sunday lunch – Steakhouse Sunday Brunch

I’ve tried to fit a character meal into each day so we’re guaranteed some scrum-free character interaction. I would like to go to Inventions too but that will have to wait until the next trip! ;)

So that’s the plan as it stands, but I keep changing my mind on the meals – not booked anything yet. Any comments or tips on surviving a weekend in the park in December gratefully received!!

:goodvibes

Sounds fab :thumbsup2 Can't wait to read your trip report before we go :goodvibes Can I be really cheeky and ask a favour? If you get chance in Walts could you take a photo of the wine list, can't find one anywhere and (though I might have to re-mortgage :rotfl:) we would like a bottle of champers on our last night in the park. Hope you have a wonderful time :cloud9:

sounds like you have a fab trip planned!
I too will be going with my mother in law this year, only i have DH to um, shall we say, back me up?? :rotfl2: I joke, she's a lovely lady realy, we just have different opinions on LOTS of things! :goodvibes

Anyway, have a wonderful magical time!! Look forward to reading your TR! :wizard: princess:

that sounds like a fantastic plan. cant wait to hear all about it

yaaaaaaaaaaaay sounds like itll be fab!!!!!!!!!!!! cant wait for pics!!

one thing tho, when we were there, we went to pizza planet, and it shut at 4pm (even tho park was open til 10pm).... might be worth checking on this as we missed and were gutted as its sposed to be quite nice!!

So exciting... You have a great list of things to do.. We are going right after you so I too can't wait to read your trip report :)
I hope you all have a great time :santa:

Thanks guys! :grouphug:

one thing tho, when we were there, we went to pizza planet, and it shut at 4pm (even tho park was open til 10pm).... might be worth checking on this as we missed and were gutted as its sposed to be quite nice!!

Do you know I think I remember reading that... :headache: Well that's just another excuse for me to swap the meals around again!!! Auberge should be open in the evening - anyone eaten there in the evening?

I too will be going with my mother in law this year, only i have DH to um, shall we say, back me up?? :rotfl2: I joke, she's a lovely lady realy, we just have different opinions on LOTS of things! :goodvibes

LOL! My friends think I'm mad! I suppose time will tell... :rotfl2:

Can I be really cheeky and ask a favour? If you get chance in Walts could you take a photo of the wine list, can't find one anywhere and (though I might have to re-mortgage :rotfl:) we would like a bottle of champers on our last night in the park. Hope you have a wonderful time :cloud9:

Will add it to the list of must-do's!! I took some menu photos last year but wine lists sound much more fun! :goodvibes

Sounds like it will be a fabulous trip! Can't wait to read your trip report! I love all your restaurant choices....but wondering about quick lunch Walts - that is my absolute favourite Disney Restaurant and cannot imagine making it a quick visit! :rotfl2: lol we usually spend an age over our meals there! :lmao: Enjoy enjoy enjoy :banana:

I would love a long, leisurely meal in Walts but I don't think DD would be too keen! She can manage it when there are mice or princesses to keep her entertained though! ;) The quick lunch is supposed to be served in 40 minutes and you get a main course and cafe gourmande (pictures on my girls trip report) we were there just over an hour and got to see the All star Express go by a couple of times. It's really good value too! :thumbsup2

We got back yesterday and have to tell you the Christmas decorations on Main Street are absolutely gorgeous! Santa's grotto was all set up, and looked lovely. Have a fab time!

Will add it to the list of must-do's!! I took some menu photos last year but wine lists sound much more fun!

Thank you so much :flower3: When I called to make our meal reservations I asked about the restaurants open in the evening and the Auberge is one - I think it would be quite magical in the evening and the dark :wizard:

Ohhh decisions, decisions! I quite like the idea of Auberge in the evening but I'd want to try and squeeze it in between the tree & castle lighting and the Fantillusion, do you think that's do-able? :confused3

Ohhh decisions, decisions! I quite like the idea of Auberge in the evening but I'd want to try and squeeze it in between the tree & castle lighting and the Fantillusion, do you think that's do-able? :confused3

We're just back....trip report and photos coming soon, I'm writing this on the train between London and Glasgow :goodvibes
When the park is open late Fantillusion is 8.30, tree lighting and castle lighting finished around 7. You think an hour and a half would be enough time for your meal?
You're going to have a great time :D Don't know if you already know this or if it will interest you, but the Studios is now open for EMH as well as the main park on Saturdays and Sundays, according to a wee leaflet we got in the hotel.

We're just back....trip report and photos coming soon, I'm writing this on the train between London and Glasgow :goodvibes
When the park is open late Fantillusion is 8.30, tree lighting and castle lighting finished around 7. You think an hour and a half would be enough time for your meal?
You're going to have a great time :D Don't know if you already know this or if it will interest you, but the Studios is now open for EMH as well as the main park on Saturdays and Sundays, according to a wee leaflet we got in the hotel.

Ooohhh that's interesting! Which rides in Studios were open for EMH? I'm trying to decide whether Saturday would be best day to do Studios?

I think Auberge is easily 2 - 2 1/2 hour meal!! ;)

We're off on the 12th-16th December. Our first Christmas trip. Will look forward to seeing your report. We're staying at the Disneyland Hotel. I think my Wife has booked

Cafe Mickey
Lucky Nugget
Hotel New York restaurant (not sure which one)
and the Cinderella one for her and the 2 girls (5 and nearly 3). They will all be dressed up. Me and the boy (almost 3) will take a trip down to Annette's while they do the girlie thing.

Hoping to do all the things listed in the opening post too. Let us know how it went and hope you have a great time.

Sounds like your going to have fun:santa:

Must get around to writing my Christmas pre-trip report.:santa:

Thanks guys!

I've done a bit more trip shopping this weekend. DD now has some tights, knitted leggings, polo neck tops and long sleeved thermal vests so she can still wear her princess dress when we go to Auberge!!

Must get some waterproofing spray for our boots and some ski gloves and we should be all set! I think it's time to start packing...

Thanks guys!

I've done a bit more trip shopping this weekend. DD now has some tights, knitted leggings, polo neck tops and long sleeved thermal vests so she can still wear her princess dress when we go to Auberge!!

Must get some waterproofing spray for our boots and some ski gloves and we should be all set! I think it's time to start packing...

Yay!!!!!:cheer2::yay::banana:

Hello again! :goodvibes Today is my SDD :santa: and I thought I'd post a bit of an update.

DD has a nasty cough/cold so I'm dosing her up with Calpol and hoping it's gone before our trip. She has asthma so it causes her problems with her breathing and sleeping. :sad1: Fingers crossed for some :wizard:

MIL wasn't sure whether to come on the trip or not as her Mum is not well at all. She's been in hospital and is back home now but isn't eating, so it's a bit of a worry :sad2: She has said now that she WILL come but I have to admit I am thinking she may change her mind if Nan gets worse. Fingers crossed for some more :wizard:

Packing is started, itinerary is still subject to change though! It currently looks like this...

Friday, arrive, check in, Salon Mickey, Meet & Greet, Belle's Village, IASW, Walts Lunch, Winter Wonderland Show, Hotel to rest/change, back to park to watch parade, tree lighting, Show and Fantillusion. Pizza at Cafe Mickey.

Saturday, EMH in Studios to do TSPL, Stich Live, Playhouse Disney, Carpets, Cars, lunch at Restaurant des Stars, Animagique, Cars & Stars then back to the hotel. Rest/change and then back to Auberge for dinner at 6pm followed by a ride or two if DD is still awake.

Sunday, probably need a lie in, check out, meet Santa at 10am, Sunday Brunch at the Steakhouse, any other rides or shows we've missed, ice skate at the hotel and get picked up at 6.30 to fly home.

Any comments or suggestions welcome! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter