My Disney paintings

ppony

Artist in residence
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I TOTALLY forgot about this forum. When I'm not planning a WDW trip, I'm usually off the DIS boards because it dpresses me to not be going. BUT I've been planning our cruise and buying into DVC so maybe I'll be on here more. But I saw this forum and said, ah HA! A place I can share my paintings and the people will like them just as much as I do. :goodvibes Non-creatives sometimes don't "get it". this obviously are inspired by Tim Rogerson but it's my style of painting anyway. I just started doing flatwork again because I've been painting sculptures for 10 years now.

I scrapbook too but I have YET to finish a spread that is Disney themed anyway. :rolleyes1

manymickeys.jpg

minkeydonald.jpg

*Donald isn't done yet. :thumbsup2

I have a few more planned. I'll share as soon as they are done. I wa sgoing to do a saluting Cptn Mickey for the ship's captain to sign for us and probably a princess to have a Princess sign for my niece for Christmas.

You are sooo talented!! Show us some more of your work!
Such a good idea about having the Capt. sign....
Barb

Very nice work!

Feel free to join us in the scrapping forum as well- we dopn't do only disney stuff there either.

Rebecca

Thanks to everyone for their sweet words! :goodvibes:lovestruc I've got my canvases primered for a few more paintings right now. I'm busy making a Fish Extender for the cruise ship so my studio is a Disney MESS at the moment! But a FUN one! DH isn't complaining...yet. :rotfl: I'll share them when I get them done!

THANKS for the invitation Rebecca! I WILL pop over to the Scrapbooking forum. I don't know why I thought (silly me) it had to be Disney. :headache::rolleyes1:cloud9: Not that i don't WANT to, but oye, I just never have time.

Do you sell them?
I wish. Nah, can't. Disney would take my house if I did. they are very protective of their image and people making money off of it. BUT I can gift them away. :thumbsup2 So that's what I'm doing w/ them on my cruise. :goodvibes

Ahhhh! Didn't think about that. Well, if you ever need someone to give one as a gift to, i would gladly accept one! :rotfl:

One more.
doryandsticth.jpg

I haven't been happy w/ the Princess one so I may not finish that. The colors aren't jiving for me. Captain Mickey is sketched but I haven't had time to paint.

Those are really awesome.. how big are they? What kind of paint do you use? Do you stretch your own canvas or buy predone?

Those are really awesome.. how big are they? What kind of paint do you use? Do you stretch your own canvas or buy predone?

THANKS! :goodvibes
These are 4 inch square. I just bought them in a package of 9 for $10 prestretched of course to experiment on. These are the first oil paintings I've done since 1988! I haven't stretched a canvas since college and don't own a stretching tool anymore. I may end up buying another one but my next step is I'll be painting on brushed steel, aluminum, copper and steel! :love: Horses though. These are done in oils. In college (I went to an art colllege) I had the more BORING oils professor so I ended up HATING the medium. Once I got into painting horses though I knew oils were the way to go so I got back into them and now enjoy them. They have such great solvenst now too that don't smell! :thumbsup2
I love pastels too.:thumbsup2 Just don't have much time and a place to really do them w/ all the dust mess.

Sorry, But what are Fish Extenders?

On the DCL ships, there is a fish hanger of sorts right outside of each stateroom door. That's where people hang what they call "fish extenders" which amount to just pockets or something similar to have those participating on their cruise to come and drop gifts and such. It's fun! :thumbsup2

I must admit you put anything i have EVER done to shame with all these wonderful paintings.

WONDERFUL job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter