My Disneyland dining reviews, with pictures

Finally, they sell the full body Mickey gingerbread in the lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel (starting at noon), but they are $9 at the GCH … within the parks both styles of Mickey gingerbread are $4.99. Magic Key discounts apply. I paid $4.24 for each cookie.

Those look so good! The Mickey head is so cute, where did you find it? Could I get one at Jolly Holiday?

Those look so good! The Mickey head is so cute, where did you find it? Could I get one at Jolly Holiday?
In DL, the full body Mickey gingerbread cookies are available at Jolly Holiday (not always available on mobile order though) and Market House (Starbucks) on Main Street. The Mickey head is available at Red Rose Taven (I mobile ordered it easily at 11am).

In DCA the Mickey full body is at Fiddler, Fifer and Practical (Starbucks) on Buena Vista Street and Clarabelle’s. The Mickey heads are at the Joffrey’s coffee cart across from Arial and the Pacific Wharf Cafe. I think it’s also a food festival offering but I’m not sure which booth.

Finally, they sell the full body Mickey gingerbread in the lobby of the Grand Californian Hotel (starting at noon), but they are $9 at the GCH … within the parks both styles of Mickey gingerbread are $4.99. Magic Key discounts apply. I paid $4.24 for each cookie.
Have you tried the ones at GCH? There is some debate on whether they are the same. Some folks swear they are better.

I plan on a scientific test involving multiple trials next month. For science.

Have you tried the ones at GCH? There is some debate on whether they are the same. Some folks swear they are better.

I plan on a scientific test involving multiple trials next month. For science.
I haven’t because I can’t bring myself to pay double, lol. They really do look identical though. I would be really surprised if they were different.

Going to post a few pics of stuff I ate Thursday/Friday of this past week. I am not a fan of Thanksgiving, so I'd say this no turkey day was one of the better Thanksgivings I've had in my over 50 years of life. I am rating the food on a scale of 1-5 with 1 being the worst it could be and 5 being the best. 2.5 means it was food and it served its purpose, but I would only get it again if I didn't have a lot of options. We ate more than I have pictures of, but nothing worth posted about without a picture.

E-Ticket Lounge arrival midday snack/meal. Fresh raw veggies with ranch dip 5/5, melon and pineapple spears 5/5, Heineken beer 5/5, Kind granola bar 2.5/5. This was one of my favorite meals of this visit due to the beer and the fresh veggies and fruit. Not picture, I grabbed some chips afterward which were basic chips.

E-Ticket lounge breakfast at DLH. Deviled Cheesy Eggs 5/5, Mickey cut watermelon 5/5 and a bowl I made of yogurt, granola and fresh berries 5/5. This was one of my favorite meals during this visit.

Tangaroa Terrace walk up (no line, was seated right away), Hawaiin Plate of poached chicken 3/5, rice 3/5, macaroni salad (had slight kick)3/5. Dole Whip with dark rum (rum was warm, maybe from glass coming out of dishwasher? it didn't pair well with cold Dole whip) 2/5. Tiki tiki tiki tiki rum 3.5/5 was delicious, but drink seemed to mostly be crushed ice.
eticketarrival.jpg
eticketbreak.jpg
tangaroa.jpg

Hearthstone Lodge, sugar overload. Chocolate Martini (not on menu) 2/5, Creme Brulee 4/5, Pumpkin Cheesecake (menu said Berry Lemon) 5/5. I think we would have enjoyed all of these more individually rather than together. Split between two of use, we didn't finish any of these items. In hindsight I would have just ordered the cheesecake with decaf. We did have decaf, not pictured and that was good black.

Starbucks Fi Fiddler, etc in DCA. Grande Cold Brew with Pumpkin Cold Foam, no pumps (which means none of the vanilla syrup that usually comes in it 5/5. Gingerbread cookie 5/5. This was one of my favorite meals/snacks during this visit. Although, even splitting the Grande, we were both caffeine overloaded after drinking it.

Cafe Orleans, we got this reservation by checking 2 days before arrival. Sweet Gem Lettuce Heart starter, had to cut up romaine lettuce, pieces were huge. Dressing was on the plate underneath the salad. Overall, it was one of the most plain and basic salads I have ever had 2.5/5. My daughter also had this gluten free which only removed the croutons.
Cup of Wild Mushroom Soup - I didn't try this. I heard it was good. It was recommended by our server for my daughter's gluten sensitivity and while she didn't eat the bread that came with it, I believe it was gluten free.
hearthstone.jpgstarbux.jpgcafesalad.jpgcafesoup.jpgcaferata.jpgRatatouille Crostini was fantastic 5/5. I believe the aged balsamic is what put this over the top and made it as good as it was.

DCA Holiday Food Booth
The only thing we got from the booths was a Hibiscuis Ginger Mezcal Mule. It was extremely heavy on the syrup and that was at the bottom of the cup. I suggested avoiding that by just drinking off the top, but my daughter thought it would be fine mixing it up. Neither of us could really stand it after that. She added some water to dilute the sweet. Drinking off the top before mixing, the drink was better, but not so good that we would want it again 1.5/5

Pym's Kitchen
Not so Little Chicken Sandwich. I mobile ordered and got my meal almost immediately after clicking "I'm here." It was a cluster to get in and out to claim my food. We already had a couple seats at a long shared table on the bar side. The food was not fresh and I could taste the cooking oil on the chicken and it really needed salt and pepper. I didn't try the tater tots. I ate most of the sandwich and tried it both with the breading on the chicken and peeling off some of the breading to see if the cooking oil taste would leave but it seemed like it tasted the same with or without the breading. It's something that I'd get again if it was the only place to get something conveniently. 2/5

dcadrink.jpgpymschicken.jpg

I bought both the Mickey full body gingerbread cookie and the Mickey head gingerbread cookie last week so I could compare them.

View attachment 625103View attachment 625104

I know people are obsessed with finding the full body Mickey gingerbread cookies. I was so happy to see they returned as I loved them in 2019. I was hoping the recipe stayed the same and I was happy to discover it did! These are soft, spicy and slightly sweet. Adorable and delicious!

I was really curious to compare the Mickey head gingerbread with the full body Mickey gingerbread since the Mickey head is easily obtainable from many locations via mobile order while I see people waiting 30-60 minutes for the full body Mickey gingerbread at times, and they tend to sell out of them every day.

Guess what? They are the exact same recipe! I dare say the Mickey head is yummier as the thin icing that coats the cookie is slightly thicker, making it just a touch sweeter than the full body Mickey. And it’s very pretty with edible gold glitter, holiday candy decorations and white chocolate holly leaves. So if you’re craving gingerbread but don’t want to wait in a long line, try the Mickey head gingerbread!

To follow up on my gingerbread post from earlier … I tried the third type of Mickey gingerbread cookie. This one is very different from the other two. It’s a thicker, firmer gingerbread and the ears are dipped in (red) white chocolate.

I have mixed feelings about this cookie! The flavor was excellent. Very spicy and gingery but with a good balance of sweetness. And the white chocolate complimented the flavor really nicely! This is more of a traditional gingerbread so somewhat firm and chewy. But the cookie was SO dry. I don’t know if they are all this dry or if I just got an off cookie, hopefully the latter!

FFEA499A-4603-4457-8A5B-F305B9378CA0.jpeg

Last edited:
Chicken sandwich from Pyms, chocolate bar from Pyms (6 of us shared that 🤣), donuts from Lanmplight lounge with two dipping sauces, cocktail from Ogas and Frose from Ulu Cafe.

Attachments

• PXL_20211112_052203092.jpg
    PXL_20211112_052203092.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 50
  • PXL_20211111_222520526.jpg
    PXL_20211111_222520526.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20211111_222523762.jpg
    PXL_20211111_222523762.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 59
  • PXL_20211113_212511301.jpg
    PXL_20211113_212511301.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 55
  • PXL_20211112_211959498.jpg
    PXL_20211112_211959498.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 45
Chicken sandwich from Pyms, chocolate bar from Pyms (6 of us shared that 🤣), donuts from Lanmplight lounge with two dipping sauces, cocktail from Ogas and Frose from Ulu Cafe.

Everything looks great! Are the donuts from LL available all the time or only at brunch? I want to try those :)

Everything looks great! Are the donuts from LL available all the time or only at brunch? I want to try those :)

My recollection is that they aren't on the brunch menu. They are available to order with lunch or dinner. Also, they are only available in the downstairs sit-down portion of the restaurant, not the upstairs outdoor bar that is walk-up only.

avocadotoastarugulasalad.jpgavocadotoasthearthstone.jpgb52cheesecake.jpgfruitandmargarita.jpgkaluhacakeicedlatte.jpgsoupbreadbowl.jpg

Dueling Avocado Toasts. First picture is Avocado Toast (poached eggs). The presentation was a little messed up, but it was extremely delicious. Also pictured is the Arugula Salad. About half of it was warped. It tasted okay, but I don't think I'd get it again. Second picture is Avocado Toast (Burrata cheese) from Hearthstone Lodge. It was delicious, but I think I prefer the version from Craftsman.

The blob with the candied tangerine slice is the cheesecake from Hearthstone with a B52 coffee (grand mariner, kahlua and bailey's). I was expecting a regular slice of cheesecake and a little disappointed by the presentation, but it was delicious.

Next up is the fruit plate and to go Margarita from the Craftsman. The Margarita is in the fridge with all the other drinks and you have to ask for a cup as they only allow a particular colored cup for the alcohol drinks that they sell. Hard to believe, but the margarita was very delicious and very refreshing. I had it again the next day and I prefer it to all the mixed drinks throughout the property. It was grapefruit/tangerine flavor. The fruit plate was good.

Next picture is Kahlua cake and an iced latte from the Joffrey's cart in DCA. The Kahula cake was very good. It wasn't too sweet like most of the cakes on property. The iced latte tasted like milk with a tiny bit of coffee flavor and was very disappointing.

Last picture is from the Harbor Galley, broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl, with a water and a milk. It was pretty good. However, I would have much rather had more soup and lot less bread.

cookieshot.jpg

Cookie Shot from the lobby in the Grand. They currently have a cart for Valentine's and are selling cookie shots in red velvet cookie cake and classic chocolate chip cookie which is what I got. You can get it filled with lots of different things, some alcoholic. I chose Baileys for mine. It was pretty good, but honestly it was more about the fun factor than the actual cookie and shot.

pymstestkitchen.jpg

Impossible Quantum garden breakfast from Pym's Test Kitchen in DCA with a Nitro Brew coffee. The breakfast was adequate. The impossible sausage patties were good. The fake egg thing (not sure what it was) was okay. The bread was meh. Tater tots were good. The nitro brew tasted good, but didn't pack a punch. I'm used to nitro brews really socking it to me and I didn't feel a thing. It also didn't have a very strong taste and must have been Joffrey's. Joffrey's has very little to no flavor to me in most cases.

grlledcheese.jpg
Grilled cheese with black truffles and cauliflower from Craftsman. I did mobile order and it looked like a disaster. One of the slices of bread wasn't even cut all the way through, just folded over. It had a small serving of fruit on the side (could have fries instead if you want). When I got this pre-covid, it came with delicious mini pickles and other pickled vegies. This didn't have that, but I wasn't sure if they just forgot to put it in my bag. At any rate, the presentation was awful, but boy was it delicious. I love grilled cheese sandwiches and this is by far the best I've ever had. I maintain that the best food on the entire property is here at the Craftsman grill.

Last picture is from the Harbor Galley, broccoli and cheese soup in a bread bowl, with a water and a milk. It was pretty good. However, I would have much rather had more soup and lot less bread.

I always find this to be the case. I'll never understand the love for bread bowl soup/chowder. You barely get any soup and there is just so much bread.

View attachment 645767
Grilled cheese with black truffles and cauliflower from Craftsman. I did mobile order and it looked like a disaster. One of the slices of bread wasn't even cut all the way through, just folded over. It had a small serving of fruit on the side (could have fries instead if you want). When I got this pre-covid, it came with delicious mini pickles and other pickled vegies. This didn't have that, but I wasn't sure if they just forgot to put it in my bag. At any rate, the presentation was awful, but boy was it delicious. I love grilled cheese sandwiches and this is by far the best I've ever had. I maintain that the best food on the entire property is here at the Craftsman grill.
Thanks for reviving this thread! I haven't been on the dis in a couple years and was looking for this one :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter