• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My family got the kids addicted to pins!

handsfull

Earning My Ears
my sister and neice are long-time Disney travelers....and on recent trips have picked up each of my kids a pin....

Now that it's our turn to go...I'm nervous about the kids becoming obsessed with these pins....

We both agreed that they could each get one pin from us...and they can buy more with they're own money...and since they're quite good about obeying thier parents...I'm not too worried...

But I'm worried about them blowing all they're money on these pins...I mean yes they are cute...but for $6.50....they're not that cute....

Has anyone had a similar family issue....:confused:

We bought a BUNCH when they were on sale at the Disney Store after Christmas. This way my son can just trade them and not spend so much $$ on them. We just picked whatever was left since he didn't have to keep them - some of course are keepers.

how about a 1 a day limit, or 1 per park - something like that.
I also think buying some cheap ones is a good idea and just encouraging them to trade with CMs. I agree - they are cute, but they add up very quickly.

Bev

We went last year with no intention of doing the pins, my sister had given each kid one pin from her trip and told us "you'll see!";) well of course they caught "pin fever". They mostly used their own $$ to buy lanyards and pins and we pretty much did the one pin a day rule, they didn't do too much trading that trip. But now other sister bought them a couple more pins at WDW and I bought some of the cheap ones from TDS so upcoming trip they are ready to trade!

Actually, they are easier to lug around than the stuffed animals (or beanie things) my kids were collecting!:rolleyes:

:D

Another thought, we directed our kids into the pressed pennies, they make an inexpensive souviner collection too. We have collected them at WDW and all over the US!

Oh thank you so much....

How much are the pins at the Disney Store....I like the idea of trading better than buying the ones they'd like.....that would work out great....

I also like the one park one pin rule as well....

I'm praying they don't becomed obsessed with stuffed animals or beanies....
at least with the pins they can wear them....and not have me carrying them around....

:eek: OMG :eek: I just read your tag line about how many kids you have! No wonder you were worried about collecting pins.... or anything else for that matter! LOL

I hope you have a wonderful trip!:sunny:

When we got our pins on sale the TDS they were around $1 or less I think. It was a while ago so I can't remember but I know I wouldn't have bought so many if it was more. Also our TDS doesn't carry pins so we had to drive pretty far to get them.

someone posted about this deal a while ago
link removed because it contravenes the Dis rules - but it's a place to buy cheap pins (there's a big hint :) )

13 pins for $22 which would make for good traders.

Bev

Has anyone ever bought from above website?
Are they "real" Disney Pins?
Our Disney Store had them after the holidays also, stupid me, I didn't buy any.

Does the Disney Store have them all the time or just after the holidays?

Thanks
Joanna

I found that link through the Dis, and I believe it to be ok, they have 2 sections, one for 'real' pins, and one for non-disney pins (ie, about disney but not approved by disney) but having just checked the Pin Trading board to confirm, I've discovered that you aren't allowed to post the links to any pin shops, so I will remove the link. If you want to know then just email me.

bev

My DD6 really got into pin trading while we were on vacation a few weeks ago. If you are renting a car there are a few Disney outlet stores that you can find pins on sale. We found pins for 1.99 and purchased a few of them which she traded for some really nice ones. The CM are really sweet to the kids when they are trading. It was really nice to see how her confidence grew as the vaction went on. She's looking forward to doing it again when we return in August.

I have ordered from the website alluded to above. Their prices are very reasonable "cheap", and so is their shipping.

If you have time, order from them before the trip and then your kids can trade with the CM's for newer pins. Comes out much cheaper this way.
hello.gif

:sunny::bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter