My first attempts at Selective Coloring... and now others' pics too!

tink2020

Suddenly Tagless!
Hello! I'm not sure if Photoshop stuff is faux paus on this board.... I hope not! I really have done work in darkrooms, etc and have a decent camera...... but no time to take give lately! Please don't excommunicate me after my first thread on this board :rotfl: I love lurking on here and reading all of your suggestions.... even if I do have to google some stuff! :worship:

But I also just got Photoshop.... and I am/was SO lost. I did a few tutorials over the last few days, and am AMAZED at how easy selective coloring is on editing software! I feel like it's not that big of a deal with all of you guys doing such work with your own sweat and tears ( and know-how!)..... but here they are anyway. Thanks for letting me share :blush:

sidecastleselectivecolor.jpg

dapperdansselectivecolor.jpg

coolbrideselectivecolorcopy.jpg

I use photoshop alot also , can you sent me the tutorial you used ? Your pictures look GREAT !

Love the bride and the roses.. great picture. :thumbsup2 I to am tring to learn photoshop but you look like your well on your way. :teeth:

Here is a wedding picture I took for my DH's cousin. I fixed the tan line, and made the flowers colorful while everything else was black and white. I didn't really know how to do this, so I cropped the flowers out of one picture and layered it over the other.

34642%3C%3A6%3B%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3244%3E8%3A2%3E596%3EWSNRCG%3D323355%3A44732%3Anu0mrj

34642%3C%3A6%3B%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D3244%3E8%3A2%3E596%3EWSNRCG%3D323355%3A44462%3Cnu0mrj

andromedaslove said:
I didn't really know how to do this, so I cropped the flowers out of one picture and layered it over the other.

That is one of the MANY MANY ways. PHOTOSHOP RULEZ.

colorrose.jpg

Love your pics! I got Paint Shop Pro X yesterday, and this is my first attempt at selective coloring too.

f002894e.jpg

f00288ab.jpg

f002882c.jpg

Here's another. It's actually an older picture of my sister, but I thought it was fun! :goodvibes

SlipNSlide-Cassi.jpg

I really love selective coloring, I'm a new Canon Rebel owner and I'm looking to purchase editing software. I will probably use it the most for selective coloring an just fun stuff, any suggestions what is the best (easy) software to buy. I dont want to get more than I need.

DeeInMS said:
I really love selective coloring, I'm a new Canon Rebel owner and I'm looking to purchase editing software. I will probably use it the most for selective coloring an just fun stuff, any suggestions what is the best (easy) software to buy. I dont want to get more than I need.

I like Photo Elements. Photo Elements 4 is the current version,

DeeInMS said:
any suggestions what is the best (easy) software to buy. I dont want to get more than I need.

Well I would suggest Photoshop elements 4.0, but b4 MICKEY88 gets here you can also download PaintshopPRO X and try it for 30 days free.

manning said:
I like Photo Elements. Photo Elements 4 is the current version,

I have to second this. A good friend of mine is in editing, web-design etc and swears by Photoshop (the expensive version). For hundreds of dollars, it's DEFINITELY way too expensive and too complicated/involved for most people. Elements is AWESOME to start with. A little tricky to just pick up on your own, but there are tons and tons of tutorials available. I had a PhotoImpact trial (which you can download from Ulead.com) that I really didn't like and couldn't find a lot of help for (although it certainly exists, just not as common maybe?). It's usually even cheaper, though, than PSE so it really just depends on what you're looking for!

Phew! All that to say I like Photoshop Elements. But good luck with what you decide! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter