My first solo trip!

KaSe

Disney-crazy mom & part-time ninja
I've been to WDW loads of times -- as a child, as an adult with young kids, chaperoning school groups, with my now-adult kids & with my bestie. But I just booked my first solo trip for late November. Since it's my first solo trip, I wanted more of a relaxed resort stay this trip. With family trips, we typically stay at Pop or the All Stars and hit the parks HARD for 6-8 days, but I decided that with a resort-focused stay instead, I should totally treat myself & upscale a bit for a moderate. I gave my travel agent my budget & told him I wanted somewhere that made me feel "like a bougie, pampered queen" so he booked me in a Royal room at Port Orleans Riverside!
❤
This trip is all about enjoying the resort, enjoying the holiday decorations throughout the resorts & Disney Springs, the Festival of the Holidays in Epcot & Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party. I truly cannot wait!! I just wanted to share my excitement with other solo travelers who would understand my enthusiasm.

I've been to WDW loads of times -- as a child, as an adult with young kids, chaperoning school groups, with my now-adult kids & with my bestie. But I just booked my first solo trip for late November. Since it's my first solo trip, I wanted more of a relaxed resort stay this trip. With family trips, we typically stay at Pop or the All Stars and hit the parks HARD for 6-8 days, but I decided that with a resort-focused stay instead, I should totally treat myself & upscale a bit for a moderate. I gave my travel agent my budget & told him I wanted somewhere that made me feel "like a bougie, pampered queen" so he booked me in a Royal room at Port Orleans Riverside!
❤
This trip is all about enjoying the resort, enjoying the holiday decorations throughout the resorts & Disney Springs, the Festival of the Holidays in Epcot & Mickey's Very Merry Christmas party. I truly cannot wait!! I just wanted to share my excitement with other solo travelers who would understand my enthusiasm.
Sounds so fun!! You're going at what seems like a great time of year!

I'm going in Sept with my adult DD as we usually go for MNSSHP (and she's a Halloween baby so we celebrate her birthday too). This year she is departing a couple of days before me and it'll be my first "solo" in that respect. We've split up for parks before but always stayed the same length of the trip.

Originally we were booked at All-Stars, but decided to change. I wasn't keen on trying a new resort by myself though (POR was on top of my list!), so I went with familiar to me Coronado.

Sounds so fun!! You're going at what seems like a great time of year!

I'm going in Sept with my adult DD as we usually go for MNSSHP (and she's a Halloween baby so we celebrate her birthday too). This year she is departing a couple of days before me and it'll be my first "solo" in that respect. We've split up for parks before but always stayed the same length of the trip.

Originally we were booked at All-Stars, but decided to change. I wasn't keen on trying a new resort by myself though (POR was on top of my list!), so I went with familiar to me Coronado.
I love that! A little bit of the best of both worlds. :) MNSSHP is always such a great time & I hope you have a wonderful trip!

I love that! A little bit of the best of both worlds. :) MNSSHP is always such a great time & I hope you have a wonderful trip!
Thank you! :)

Do you normally travel on your other trips during the holidays?

Thank you! :)

Do you normally travel on your other trips during the holidays?
Not necessarily. When the girls were in school, they had a fall break so we went several times in October. We did one big extended family trip in early December. A couple school trips & one after they were out of school in early March for Flower & Garden festival, and my two most recent trips were in late January for Festival of the Arts at Epcot. So, we clearly bounce all over the place. LOL!!

Not necessarily. When the girls were in school, they had a fall break so we went several times in October. We did one big extended family trip in early December. A couple school trips & one after they were out of school in early March for Flower & Garden festival, and my two most recent trips were in late January for Festival of the Arts at Epcot. So, we clearly bounce all over the place. LOL!!
In that case, your solo trip will involve lots of firsts - or almost firsts! Fun! :)

Have fun! The mail pool at PO Riverside is amazing, and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. Definitely check out Wine Bar George while you're there.

As a long time solo traveler I will ask: What took you so long?!

I've never stayed at Riverside but have stayed several times at French Quarter. That whole resort area is wonderful. And that boat ride to Disney Springs is one of my favorite things to do in all of WDW. Even when I stay at POP I will head over to DS just to take the boat to French Quarter, walk around a bit then take the boat back.

You're going to have a great time!

Welcome to the solo club, fair warning, once you go solo it's hard to go back. I go on a solo trip at least once a year, have been known to do two or three a year. I've been going with my son since he was 3, he's turning 43 this December. He has been going every other year until about 6 years ago when he started going once a year with me. He even took a trip last year without me, his first. It was with his SO and their baby girl. I love my solo trips and I've stayed at POR a couple of times. I've not stayed there for an entire trip, usually it's a split stay with an Epcot deluxe. If I'm staying in a moderate the entire trip I tend to stay at CS. The boat to DS is a big plus at POR if you plan on going there. I'm not a fan of DS so have never done the boat and so POR isn't a huge draw for me. Enjoy having time to yourself to just relax and enjoy the holidays there. I like to go to HBD lounge, get a drink and just sit and soak up the holiday atmosphere at HS, I love the retro vibe there.

Have fun! I predict you'll love POR. My first solo trip, my DH booked me at POR (Dixie Landings then) I have so many fond memories of my solo trips there. The only reason I stopped staying there was when we joined DVC and I switched to staying at DVC resorts.

Have fun! I went on my first solo trip in 2022 (also my first trip back in about 20 years) on a whim after my partner didn't want to use up her PTO for Disney. It was amazing and I went again this year! I agree with whomever said once you do it you can't go back. I mean, I do want to go with friends and family but I'll never stop planning my own solo trips as well. It's just a totally different experience.

Have fun! The mail pool at PO Riverside is amazing, and I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun. Definitely check out Wine Bar George while you're there.
Thank you! It's on my list! :)

As a long time solo traveler I will ask: What took you so long?!

I've never stayed at Riverside but have stayed several times at French Quarter. That whole resort area is wonderful. And that boat ride to Disney Springs is one of my favorite things to do in all of WDW. Even when I stay at POP I will head over to DS just to take the boat to French Quarter, walk around a bit then take the boat back.

You're going to have a great time!
LOL! My daughters always expected to go with me. Little beggars. :rolleyes1 HaHaHa!! They're adults now & while we do all still like to travel together, I decided I shouldn't sit at home just because they're not available. So, here I am! :love: I'm looking forward to taking the boat to DS!

Have fun! I went on my first solo trip in 2022 (also my first trip back in about 20 years) on a whim after my partner didn't want to use up her PTO for Disney. It was amazing and I went again this year! I agree with whomever said once you do it you can't go back. I mean, I do want to go with friends and family but I'll never stop planning my own solo trips as well. It's just a totally different experience.
Exactly! That's one of the things I love about Disney. Each type of experience makes it a different trip. The trips when my kids were little were completely different than when they were in high school & I chaperoned band/orchestra/choir trips & those were different from trips as adults when they buy me frozen French martinis at an Epcot festival , etc. ... So I'm looking forward to embracing those different experiences this time, too!

❤
You'll have an absolute blast! Fair warning though, as others have said solo trips are very addicting. I always have so much fun with my partner and we are into similar things and touring styles but even I still really enjoy my solo trips just as much. The freedom to go where you want, when you want, or even nowhere at all is amazing. I find like a lot of the "family planner" types that I am often so caught up in whether or not she's having a good time that I feel a bit of totally self-inflicted pressure. Not so when I'm solo. We just got back from an incredible blowout trip in June and I am going back for a solo trip Labor Day weekend.

Welcome to the solo club! After a history similar to yours, I'm heading out on my first ever solo trip in early September! I also found super cheap airfare for 2 days in October...well see how it goes! Can't wait to hear about your adventures!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter