my genius 10 second iphone mod

nonzerosum

DIS Veteran
So I've been searching the web for days trying to find the perfect case for my iphone; one that can be put on a lanyard or hung around my kids neck so they can use my iphone while waiting in line. I didn't have any luck. Then in a moment of clarity, I decided to look at my current case (DUH!) and it struck me. Why not just string a piece of narrow satin ribbon through the top two cutouts in my existing case. VOILA!! I already have a hard case with the slider on the bottom. The top of the case has a cutout for power and one for the headphones. Just take a long length of ribbon, feed it through these two holes and tie a knot at the end. This doesn't even impede the power button or headphone jack!! I'm so pleased.

What a great idea! I have the otter box on my iPhone because I'm really clumsy so that would never work for me. Be sure to let us know how your invention worked out for the kids!

Okay, I've already encountered one design flaw, but it is easily remedied. If the top portion of the case gives way, the iphone will fall out. Big oopsies. I put a piece of scotch tape on the case across the back where the two portions of the case meet. I'm not really a tape and ribbon kinda gal for everyday iphone usage, but anything goes while waiting in line at Disney.

You might see if you can find a 1-piece case, maybe of the semi-rigid plastic (like an Incipio NGP); that way you won't have to worry about the 2 halves becoming separated. I'd go with one like that as opposed to a silicone case just because I don't know how much the silicone cases might stretch out from being hung.

Good luck! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter