My Humble Tip RE: CRT

soccerchick

Dis Veteran<br><font color=red>My husband has rice
Hi everyone,

The Cindy's threads are getting so long so I am posting here. Hope it is appropriate for this board. I'm adding my two cents worth hoping to save someone from having a very disappointed little princess. I am staying out of the whole Cindy's PS debate, but I truly sympathize with the moms and dads who post about how upset DD is because no Cindy's, etc. I was disappointed when I didn't get a PS and my daughter is only 2!

If you've never been to CRT before and are trying to get it, please DON'T tell your kids that it exists. (Hey, I was 32 before I knew it existed). ;) That way, if you do get a ressie, you can share the good news, keep it a surprise until you get there, whatever... If you don't get a ressie, the kids won't know and won't be disappointed.

Oh, a voice of reason in the wilderness!!! I am so glad to see someone else caught on to this very obvious concept. I intend to try for PS for CRT but unless I get them, my kids will not even know therre is an option! Why chance it when you know those tables are so scarce! My oldest knows there is a restaurant cause we saw people going in last time we were there. We said that maybe we could eat there someday and we'll just do lunch if we don't get those high demand PSs.

I have taken my boys, 4,4,2 to Cindy's for lunch 3 or 4 times. they love the whole castle experience. the last time when we were in the waiting area - about 12:30 out walks Cindy. there wasn't another family there. We had her all to ourselves for about 15 minutes! Until we had to go and eat! She said she frequently visits downstairs during lunch. any way on our last trip I decided to do the morning breakfast - ironically I got ressies on one phone call. To make a long story short I must be the only one disappointed with the character breakfast at the castle. We were the last table they came to and one of the last families seated. By the time it was our turn the kids were restless from waiting and I felt like the princess's were definately trying to finish up. I'm glad I have boys so they weren't totally into the princess - they prefered prince charming because I think it was a let down. they were happier with the luncheons and the fairy godmother and Cindy's surprise visit. So you might try the lunch and have just as much fun and get more time with cindy!

PS for CRT? What is that? I'm getting the jist (sp?) that this has something to do with the restaurant at the top of the castle. But what is PS for CRT?

PS = priority seating, which is Disney-speak for reservations. However, Disney reservations are not quite like your typical restaurant reservation, in which you request a table for specific time and are given that table when you arrive. Disney-style reservation assure you will be given priority in seating as tables become available. In other words, if you have a 9:15 am PS, you will not necessarily be seated at 9:15 am.

Oh, yes! Thanks for the reminder. We did use PS once for a character breakfast at the Restaurantosaurus. :D

Hi all,
I'm a little confused. Are there not any other
princesses at lunch and dinner? My DD is a Belle
fanatic.
Thanks for clarifying. :confused:

All I have to say is, thank god I have 3 little BOYS!!!! I am sure that they could care less about eating with a "princess". They eat with the "Queen" everyday!!!

I am not quite sure why some people get there kids hopes up before they have the PS number in hand.

Patty H804 --

There are only characters at the CRT breakfast. You can eat lunch and dinner at the castle, but there are no characters present for those meals. Others on this board have done those meals and I remember reading about some lucky folks who had great dinner seats for the fireworks.

Hope this helps.

Hey - sometimes it worth the try of asking at the desk, even if you don't have a PS.

We'd tried to get PS's for FOREVER and finally gave up on it, and happened to get to MK early one morning, and went straight to the castle and HOLY COW, we got IN!!! There were SEVEN of us!!!!! (Four adults, three kiddies) They told us originally we'd have to sit at separate tables, and we didn't care, but there we were, sitting all together!

It was my first time at CRT, and I was as thrilled as the kiddies!

So - NEVER GIVE UP HOPE!!!!!

Course, I would like to add that it was February, and about 55 degrees outside.

My 3 DD's do not know that it exists. We have been to WDW over 30 times and have yet to do CRT (not that I have tried every time, in fact I cancelled one while we were there!). i will try again for our summer ressies......

If we get it.............cool, if not..........life at WDW continues for this family!!! We will always enjoy it!

PattyH804--- My DD loves Belle also. There is a story reading in the FairyTale Garden (facing the castle from Main St. it's on the right side of the castle) with Belle. They select kids to help act out the Beauty and the Beast story then Belle stays for autographs and photos. The whole thing takes about 30 minutes but is worth it, my daughter still talks about Belle giving her a kiss and telling the story and plans to go back when we are there in Nov. You should also go see the Beauty and the Beast show in MGM, you don't get to meet the characters but it is still a great show. My DD was staring in utter silence for the entire show.

Hope this helps
Angela

That is exactly what we do! I finally got ressies 2 trips ago. Tried 2 times before with no luck. We didn't even tell my DD about the breakfast until the night before. Just in case something goes wrong. It is a shame that Disney doesn't do more with the princesses to help with this problem. They really should do a dinner and lunch but I guess it must be hard to find "princesses" that can fill the shoes. Unlike the stuffed characters.

We didn't even tell my 5 y/o that we were going to WDW until we were driving in! It was priceless for me. I was sitting in the backseat with him and he figured it out and said, "I have always wanted to come here. Thanks Mom."

He thought it was a big thrill to just walk into the castle. Right when we were walking in a whole bunch of characters came out. Pinoccio (sp) and his dad, Breir bear and a bunch of others.

Spirit Feather-

What a great way to surprise your DS! I hope to surprise my DD when she is older. For this trip, I inundated her with Disney before this trip because there are so many characters, stories, etc. she still doesn't know.

Wishing I had read this a few weeks ago....*G* I have twins which just turned 6.... and of course I said..... we are going to try to eat with Cinderella...... well .... wish I hadn't now.... didn't get in and ...... kids do not understand that there will be thousands of people there.... they just want to know why they couldn't eat with her and other could..... I will remember this next trip though.....*S*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter