My Magical Moments PTR

Mum to Belle

<font color=royalblue>Thinks she may know someone
Hello! :wave2:

So, it’s 3 months to go according to my ticker, and to show Lisa that she isn’t the only plan-a-holic, it’s time for my PTR!

Are you sitting comfortably? Good! If you’d like a bit of history behind this trip, check out my Christmas Pre-Trip report for the trip that wasn’t...
We sadly fell victim to the snow, or rather our flight did, so we didn’t get our Disney Christmas Magic :sad2:

Then there’s my excitement at getting the new trip booked...

And then the Flybe/Airmiles refund saga...

So now we’re all booked up for our Family Trip leaving on Monday 6th June for 4 nights, staying at the Hotel New York!!

Our first and last Family Trip was in September 2009, this is what we looked like back then...

DD – Isabelle (now 4)

Disneylnd046.jpg

DH – Neil (now 40!)

Disneylnd048.jpg

Me – Jenny (the planner!)

Disneylnd022.jpg

I have been looking through the new brochure and I’m quite intrigued by some of the new “Magical Moments” that they have lined up so I’m looking forward to some TRs from those of you going before me! In particular the new meet & greets and the new interactive character things. So far, the plans are looking like this...

Monday – fly from Southampton (please, please, please!:worship:) and then Ezyshuttle transfer to Hotel New York. Salon Mickey if we arrive in time, I love by-passing the queues!! :cool1: Then the main theme of the day will be character-seeking. Rapunzel is top of the list for DD, I’m hoping for Flynn myself!! :love: (Or Jack pirate:) I am planning the new character lunch at Cowboy Cookout if there have been some good reviews of it by then, if not then we’ll pop into Toad Hall for some Fish & Chips. I am sure DD will insist on riding IASW at least once and I’d like to watch the new Mickeys Magical Celebration show before heading back to check in. Annette’s is my choice for dinner on our first night, but this may change! Obviously 3 months before the trip is WAY too early for DH to want to look at menus etc so that will have to wait...:rolleyes:

Tuesday – Hopefully we will be up for EMH and can spend the morning enjoying all that Fantasyland has to offer, including the new Alice/Mad Hatters meet & greet. DD would love to meet Alice! I'm going to pack her Alice costume just in case! Quick lunch at Walts (has to be done!) before an afternoon exploring Frontierland. DD loves Phantom Manor and she’s tall enough now for BTM so fingers crossed she’ll enjoy that! Back to the hotel for a swim before pizza at Cafe Mickey.

Wednesday – A lazy start to the day today, hope to catch some characters in the hotel before heading over to Studios for the day. Really looking forward to the new Toy Story Playland, the new rides, and hoping to do our favourites from before too. May try to see Cinemagique but not sure if DD is old enough yet or if we should wait? :confused3 She loves Stitch Live and Animagique though so they are definitely on the plan! We’ll just grab a snack for lunch and watch the Stars & Cars parade. Then head over to the Disney Park to watch the parade and maybe go on a few rides. Thinking about dinner in The Steakhouse tonight, DH liked that last time.

Thursday – Extra magic hours this morning and hoping to concentrate on Discoveryland. DD should be old enough for Star Tours now and loves Orbitron & Buzz. DH will probably want to jet off on Space Mountain but I’ll leave that to him! Then back to Fantasyland, I really want to ride Casey Jnr on this trip! Lunch today at Auberge, the question is, will DH join us or will it be a table for two???? :rotfl: Plan to spend what’s left of the afternoon exploring Adventureland hopefully fitting in the new Follow the Leader with Peter Pan and Rhythms of the Jungle meet & greet. Grab takeout from New York Sandwiches to eat by the lake on our way back to the hotel. Pack.

Friday – Check out. Re-visit Studios for anything we’ve missed or want to do again. Then Disneyland Park via Salon Mickey for the same. The Tarzan Show is due to start on the Saturday I believe but it would be great if they had a trial run while we are there. I’d like to watch the Hub show again if it’s as good as the current one. I imagine we’ll be back in Fantasyland again and then I’m thinking of booking a late lunch in Walts to sample something other than the Quick Menu :woohoo: and also possibly catch the parade going past if the times are right.

Then we are being collected by Ezyshuttle at 6.20 and taken back to the airport for the journey home.

It is still a secret at the moment but I will have to tell DD before the big day so she can help with the planning and packing, just not sure when yet! I have bought some Mickey Mouse toast/sandwich/cookie cutters so I can make a special tea for when I tell her. I am thinking of some sort of surprise, a helium balloon in a box with an invite from Mickey attached perhaps? And lots of Mouskeglitter!

Thanks for reading x :flower3:

YAY you wrote your PTR, I'm not alone!! :banana: :banana:

Love all your plans! I have a good feeling about this trip for you, I hope its magical enough to make up for your horrible disappointment at Christmas :wizard:
Obviously your DH is mad if he thinks 3 months is too far away to be looking at menus :thumbsup2
How exciting that there are new rides for your DD to try this year, hope she likes them :goodvibes
Also, Tarzan is coming back?? How did I miss this news?? Tell me more!

Some lovely plans! I'm crossing all my fingers and toes for you that you actually get there this time!

I think Cinemagique should be fine for Isabelle. Lewis loved it the first time when he was 4 and still talks about it. Hope you get to see Tarzan, this was a big hit with all of us and I really missed on the last 2 trips.

And your DH sounds just like mine - thinks you can just turn up and decide what to eat when you get there :rotfl::rotfl: they really don't have a clue do they?

Happy planning :goodvibes

Yay! The PTR is up!:woohoo: Sounds like it will be a great trip - I mean you are staying at the Hotel New York- gotta be good!

That sounds like a lovely trip. We go the week before you and I thought I was the only one mad enough to be planning so far in advance.
Jo

I think Cinemagique should be fine for Isabelle. Lewis loved it the first time when he was 4 and still talks about it. Hope you get to see Tarzan, this was a big hit with all of us and I really missed on the last 2 trips.

And your DH sounds just like mine - thinks you can just turn up and decide what to eat when you get there :rotfl::rotfl: they really don't have a clue do they?

They really don't!! :rolleyes:

Will try Cinemagique then I think, it sounds wonderful! I might try and find some bits online for her to look at before we go. :surfweb:

Yay! The PTR is up!:woohoo: Sounds like it will be a great trip - I mean you are staying at the Hotel New York- gotta be good!

I am really excited about stayng at HNY :cloud9: I think DH will really like it too!

We go the week before you and I thought I was the only one mad enough to be planning so far in advance.

We're not mad, it's the others that you have to worry about!! :rotfl:

Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful time. My dh is exactly the same not interested in planning until we are on the eurostar on our way:rotfl2:. I so hope this trip is the best yet after all your disasters over christmas.

After looking at your pictures you look so familiar, perhaps i have seen you around Poole at some point.

Read all about it....

:eek: I usually check DLRPToday religiously I actually can't believe I missed this BUT what an amazing surprise! I saw this show in 2006 and loved it, and it starts back a few days before our trip :cool1: :cool1::banana: :banana:
Something else to factor into the planner, ooh this is great the girls will love it! Meeting Katie for dinner tomorrow, what she doesn't know is that my Brits Guide will also be joining us with special highlighted sections and marked pages....:thumbsup2

I so hope this trip is the best yet after all your disasters over christmas.

After looking at your pictures you look so familiar, perhaps i have seen you around Poole at some point.

Thanks! I have been through your TR again to see if I recognise you too, we shall have to be more observant when we are out & about - you never know!! ;)

Meeting Katie for dinner tomorrow, what she doesn't know is that my Brits Guide will also be joining us with special highlighted sections and marked pages....:thumbsup2

:rotfl: A recipe for a perfect night in my opinion!! Let me know how it went! :goodvibes

I will definetly keep an eye out for you when i'm shopping you usually find me in next he he. if not we will have to meet up for a coffee and a dinsney chat:rotfl2:. My dd is the same age as yours so that would be nice they can wear their dresses and play princesses he he.

I will definetly keep an eye out for you when i'm shopping you usually find me in next he he. if not we will have to meet up for a coffee and a dinsney chat:rotfl2:. My dd is the same age as yours so that would be nice they can wear their dresses and play princesses he he.

I am also usually in Next :rotfl: (or M&S in the food section!) I bet the girls would love a dressing up play date!

That sounds like a great idea:thumbsup2. Jessica would love itprincess:.
I will pm you my details

Time for an update! :goodvibes

So, the park hours and closures are online for our trip and it turns out that Space Mountain, Orbitron and RNRC are all closed for our trip which is a shame, but hey, that's life!

I have noticed that the new show seems to be on at 7pm at park closing which I didn't expect but will factor that into the planner! ;)

Walts is undergoing an exterior refurb which will mean no Main St views of the parade, so I will probably skip the second meal I had planned there and save it for the next trip! :santa: This could leave room for a meal at the Silver Spur Steakhouse though! :thumbsup2

I have been considering the new Cowboy Cookout character meal and still can't decide. :confused3 I think it's a bit pricey for the food you get to be honest, so I will run it past DH and let him decide.

The trip is sort of still a surprise... :rotfl: We are using the incentive of a possible Disney trip to persuade our DD that she DOES want to sleep all night, on her own, in her own bed!!! She is going through a phase of waking up which is rather annoying, not to mention exhausting. So the seed has been planted although as far as she knows, it's not official yet! If/When she fills her reward chart with stickers we'll have a Mickey-themed celebration - hopefully this will be within the next 5 weeks!

So that's it for now, apart from a gratuitous photo of DD in her Giselle dress today for the Royal Wedding...

The trip is sort of still a surprise... :rotfl: We are using the incentive of a possible Disney trip to persuade our DD that she DOES want to sleep all night, on her own, in her own bed!!! She is going through a phase of waking up which is rather annoying, not to mention exhausting. So the seed has been planted although as fas as she knows, it's not official yet! If/When she fills her reward chart with stickers we'll have a Mickey-themed celebration - hopefully this will be within the next 5 weeks!

We did something similar for our last trip with our daughter to encouarge her to have dry pants all day. We had a jar we filled with shells and told her Mickey Mouse would probably invite her to visit when it was filled as she would be such a big girl! It took some creative shell juggling without DD noticing so that she filled it just before we went :lmao:

Aww you managed to get the Giselle dress:cool1:, where did you get it in the end? I asked Jessica which dress she wanted Giselle or Rapunzel and i got the answer of both :rotfl2:. Does dh know about this one:rolleyes1 :lmao:

Got it on Ebay in the end, bargain! DH found out when I was paying for it and there was some head-shaking and sighing :rolleyes: but I pointed out that she will grow out of dressing up all too soon and I want to make the most of it! ;)

She's after Rapunzel for her birthday - in fact I think it will be a Rapunzel themed party, I'm already planning the cake...!

Just like my dh, they just don't understand:rotfl2:
Jessica has already asked daddy for a Rapunzel cake but knowing her she will change her mind nearer the time. I have a party invitation here for you for Ashton's party it's toy story themed.:cheer2:

Only 25 days to go and we've (I've) booked the airport parking and confirmed our Ezyshuttle transfers. I love John, he signed off his e-mail, "See you in 28 days!" how cool is that?!! Just made me more excited!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I have also got DH to agree to a planning evening this Saturday!!! This is monumental - I'm still not sure I believe it, but I will report back if it actually happens!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter