My MIL has decided to come with us!

taylor1293

Do you want to build a snowman?
My MIL has decided to come on our trip with us. Which is great because I like my MIL :) and she has never been to WDW before!

Plus, it will give DH and I the chance to go out alone one night, or maybe even two nights!

I just need to clarify the occupancy limit at a 1-bedroom at BWV's(we are definitely staying here 5 nights) and AKL or WL Concierge (haven't decided which concierge yet?).

We will have 3 adults, 1 child (9) and 1 child under 3. Is this okay?

Thanks!

Teresa

I think you are safe anywhere because one of your children is under 3 so that really doesn't count. Most occupancy rules say 4 people plus one child under the age of 3 in a crib-the child does not have to be in a crib-it's not like they come in to the room to check. They really don't check. You don't even have to say your 3 yr old will be there because it's not like she will need her own room key or anything.

The concierge rooms at WL are the same size as regular rooms. We went to WL Concierge in October and were going to do 4 of us plus my MIL in 1 room-once we checked in and spent 2 nights in the room we decided to get my MIL her own room because we felt kind of cramped-she wasn't checking in until 2 days after us.
We were glad we did this. The rooms just aren't very big.

This is all assuming you will be staying at WL Concierge.

I would say do AKL. Why? The concierge rooms are deluxe rooms which means they also have the "day bed" which means they are bigger.

AKL Concierge is FAR SUPERIOR than WL Concierge. You can't even compare to AKL Concierge.

Are you worried about not being close to MK with the young children? Don't. Transportation from AKL is usually great. No more than a 10 min wait for a bus.

Bottom line, you'll be under the occupancy limit no matter where you stay because of the age of the youngest child. If you are going to do concierge, do AKL. DO NOT PAY FULL PRICE FOR WL CONCIERGE. It is only worth it if you get it as an upgrade. There have been some recent posts related to WL Concierge on this board.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Yes, that occupancy is fine in any of the WDW resorts. You may be more cramped in some resorts than others :). I would not recommend this at All Star Sports for instance!

Will the under 3 year old sleep in a crib? Will s/he sleep with you? The 1 BR at BWV has lots of room, but it only has 2 beds, a king-sized in the bedroom and a full sized pull out in the living room (plus a pack-n-play). You'll have more privacy, but you may not have enough sleeping space unless the 9 year old wants to sleep with grandma. Another option would be to bring an aerobed with you, but that can be a bit of a pain.

I'm not sure if the WL or the AKL have larger daybeds like the ones at CR and the Polynesian. If they do, then you're fine :). My sister had her 9 year old and 2 year old DDs sleep on the daybed at CR last year with no problems.

The above poster does have a good point, you could bring an aerobed with you if you were staying at the BWV. It would not fit in a WL room though. They are small. Have you checked out the Villas at WL or do you want the concierge service where you stay?

Thank you both for your great replies!

VBfamily - we are definitely leaning towards AKL! I've read such great reviews here and the zero entry pool is a huge plus with two children of such different ages!

Yes, we definitely want the concierge service the 2nd part of our stay. It will only be for 3 nights so hopefully we won't be too "cozy"!

Robin - the 2 year old will sleep with DH and I. (she already does most nights at home) Grandma and other DD will sleep on the pullout couch. They do this when she visits also, so they are used to it :).

Thanks!

Teresa

Originally posted by taylor1293
Robin - the 2 year old will sleep with DH and I. (she already does most nights at home) Grandma and other DD will sleep on the pullout couch. They do this when she visits also, so they are used to it :).

I know how the Family Bed goes! My 3 year old DD is just starting to sleep through the night in her own bed. Yippie! So, it sounds like either one would work OK for you. I have never stayed at AKL, but I know the 1BRs at BWV really rock :).

Here are pcitures of the standard view 1BR we stayed in (twice!):
Robin's BWV 1 Bed Room Pictures

I thought you were trying to decide between the 3-BWV, AKL or WL. I didn't catch that you were already staying at BWV.

If it's a choice between AKL and WL-I would definately do AKL because of the day bed in addtion to the other beds. More food is offered in the AKL Conc. and the CM's from AKL have already gone above and beyond what they had to do to for our stay coming up.

AKL is a lot nicer :)

You may have to pay a $25/night extra adult fee though.

Robin - Thanks for the great pictures!!! I'm looking foward to the 5 nights we are going to spend at BWV's!

Congrats on getting your DD to sleep all night in her own bed, I know how difficult that can be! I'm hopeful that I'll get DD to sleep in her own bed by the age of 3!

VBfamily - I reread my first post and it is very confusing the way I wrote it. I'm sorry about that! I'll go and edit it. Yes, we are spending 5 nights at BWV's, this is definite as we've already rented points. The last 3 nights will be most likely at AKL! Thanks again for all your help!

gepetto - Thanks for reminding me about the extra charge for the adult. I had forgotten about it. Since I rented points for our 1-bedroom, will there be an extra charge for her at BWV's also?

Thanks

Teresa

I would wait and add the extra person at check-in. Some CM's will waive the fee.:D

hey taylor,

I'm still trying to get my 4 year old to sleep in his own bed. He may start out there, but eventually winds up in mine. We always believed in a family bed, so thank goodness we went to a king size when we had our last ds who is now 2.

Actually one of the reasons we chose to go deluxe was because they have queen beds instead of full size beds. I'll take all the room I can get

gepetto - thanks for the tip :)

KDA - thanks for the info on DVC, that's good to hear!

lizzie - You must love the king size bed!!! We only have a queen :(. Thankfully, we believe in the family bed too, but more room would be nice. Our 2 year old is a flopper and is always smacking me and kicking me, lol!

Teresa

Our 2 year old is a flopper and is always smacking me and kicking me, lol!

Taylor I know the feeling very well

I like my DMIL too. Sometimes DMIL's like to pay for a few things;)

LOL Micca! I certainly wouldn't complain if my MIL offered to buy a few dinners ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter