• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Minnie necklace

mommie2angels

<font color=blue>Would you like to be in the pictu
This is the necklace I was telling some people about. It's made in photoshop. Then the printed image is adhered to a glass tile.
73235_546253576618_32704081_32115200_6683780_n.jpg

I have GOT to get some of these!! They are so CUTE!! Can you walk me through how to do this if it is easy? I am not very crafty. :rotfl2:

YAY! Buffy I am so glad! Thanks so much ya'll!!!

Carla are you joking & you are really crafty? Seriously how crafty are you?

YAY! Buffy I am so glad! Thanks so much ya'll!!!

Carla are you joking & you are really crafty? Seriously how crafty are you?

Kind of joking... I can do some things and this looks pretty simple, but I am not sure. I am not good at all with photo shop, although I do have it, so that would be my first challenge. Second, how do you get the silver holder thing to attach so that it doesn't come off? I know a place were I can get the ribbon necklace things so I am good there. I would like to have six of them for our trip in May. (Lauren, Lindsey, Macy, Cathy, Barbara & Carla)

OK first make your image in photoshop or whatever photo program you have. Print it on photo paper. Take your glass tile & glue it to the image. Coat the back with resin or whatever you prefer. Once the back is dry glue your bail (silver thingy) to the back. Use jewelry glue if you have it. If not super glue that works with resin should be fine.

OK I tried to pretend walking through the steps as I was doing this. Hope it's clear as mud. If not please let me know & I will try to help you!

OK first make your image in photoshop or whatever photo program you have. Print it on photo paper. Take your glass tile & glue it to the image. Coat the back with resin or whatever you prefer. Once the back is dry glue your bail (silver thingy) to the back. Use jewelry glue if you have it. If not super glue that works with resin should be fine.

OK I tried to pretend walking through the steps as I was doing this. Hope it's clear as mud. If not please let me know & I will try to help you!

Thank you so much!! I may try this over the weekend. :)

Those are so cute!!! Where do you get the glass tiles and what sorta glue are you using? Resin? That's a new one to me. Thanks for adding to my wish list of things to make! :goodvibes Brenda

Thanks ya'll!!! Buffy we did get her ipad & she loves it. Working now to purchase the communication software for her. Christmas was a great time to make these & sale them but sales are slow now. We will get there though!

Glass tiles you can get from etsy. You have to kind of watch when purchasing from the because some are really marked up. I really like Sun and Moon on etsy. As far as glue you can use whatever works for paper & glass & dries clear. Modge podge, 3D lacquer, resin or I really like Sun and Moon glass glaze.

Resin is something you mix. A clear liquid & the harderner. It has to be mixed in equal parts for it to work. ET lite or Colores is what I like to use.

Just a friendly reminder from the Mods of the Creative Community Boards:

It is against DISboard policy to offer to purchase or to offer to sale items on the boards.

Thank you for your understanding.

Just a friendly reminder from the Mods of the Creative Community Boards:

It is against DISboard policy to offer to purchase or to offer to sale items on the boards.

Thank you for your understanding.

I apologized to Rebecca but would like to apologize here also. It was never my intention to go against DISboards policy. I apologize for this post getting out of hand. Someone had asked me to post the picture of the necklace & I gladly gave instructions on how to make it. I am glad to answer questions about it too! Never intended to use it as an advertisement. Again I am sorry!!! Thanks for understanding!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter