My orchid updated better pic

Maleficent2

DIS Veteran
f4e79b39.jpg.thumb.jpg

f4e79b3d.jpg.thumb.jpg

this is the orchid I have reblooming now bought this one at lowes or home depot after it was finished blooming for $5 best way to get inexpensive orchids. It has been blooming since the first of DEC this is the second inflorencse to bloom.

Mal

It's gorgeous, Mal! :sunny: So many blossoms.

Thank you!

BTW, I did copy your original pic and tried to enlarge it, but, I'm techie-challenged, and it didn't work. :confused3 :)

Here's the other one. Again wow! Just beautiful! These are very hard to bloom too aren't they?
f4e79b39.jpg

the blooms are almost finished now and I think I need to repot it. It is getting pretty pot bound.

It has been in bloom since late Nov so we have really enjoyed it.

Mal

Wow! Those are beautiful. I'll have to keep my eye out for these. I've always wanted to try Orchids but never wanted to spend the bucks.

Male, Do you have it in a southern exposure? I would love to try another orchid but am afraid I might not have enough light.

light will harm or kill them just like too much or not enough water.

try Phalaenopsis (moth orchids) & Paphiopedilum (ladyslippers)

Phals being the longest lasting blooms...they last about 3 months and will rebloom off the old spike therefore your orchid could be in bloom for up to 6 months of the year.

But Deb you got Dendrobiums to rebloom and they require alot of light to rebloom so you should be ok. I shy away from the Cattleyas(crosages orchids) while beautiful and they smell GREAT their bloom only last a few days and they only bloom once a year. Not worth my limited space for this one.

Mal

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter