My sad,sad It's a small world story....

krcit

DIS Veteran
I thought my fellow DISers would appreciate this 7 year old story!!

Picture a very excited Mommy(me) bringing her 2 yo dd to DisneyWorld for the first time. I can't wait for her to experience my favorite attraction from my childhood trips, IASM.. We arrive before opening, me, dh, dd and my mom , who was ina wheelchair. We're waiting at the castle and suddenly the music starts and the World is open-I literally have tears in my eyes I'm so excited for my dd. The plan is to head right for IASM. I'm pushing Mom in the wheelchair and hubby is manning the stroller with dd. " Wow, he's really moving fast" my mom says. "I hope he waits for us" " Of course he'll wait. He knows I've been dreaming of this moment forever" With that, we arrive at IASW to see dd and dh in a boat pulling away!!:earseek: I cried the entire ride 4 boats behind my little girl. It almost ruined my whole trip, but finally had to laugh about it and now it's a family legend!

PS Finally going back with whole family in Nov and IASW is CLOSED, LOL!!!!

What a heartbreak! :(

I have a story, not as sad as yours, but DH still talks about it .....

My DH & I absolutely adore the Poly (hence the user name) and one of things we really love is the smell of the GCH. Everytime we walk in (many times during a trip!) we stop, take a big whiff, and go ahhhhhhhh.

Well, a couple of years ago when we arrived at the Poly to start our vacation my DH was going to park the van. I thought me told me & DD to go into the GCH to get checked in. He actually said to wait for him.

When he met up with us in the check-in line he had such a sad look on his face. He said "You were supposed to wait for me so we could walk in together for our first smell of the GCH". Oh, I felt SO bad! Now we make it a point to all walk in together! ::yes::

Debbie

Now that is exactly something that would have happened in my family, and yes, I would have cried too. DH just doesn't understand why some things are soooo important to me. Can't tell you how many precious memories have little "hiccups" in them. I just try to block them out! :)

Originally posted by WeLoveThePoly
What a heartbreak! :(

I have a story, not as sad as yours, but DH still talks about it .....

My DH & I absolutely adore the Poly (hence the user name) and one of things we really love is the smell of the GCH. Everytime we walk in (many times during a trip!) we stop, take a big whiff, and go ahhhhhhhh.

Well, a couple of years ago when we arrived at the Poly to start our vacation my DH was going to park the van. I thought me told me & DD to go into the GCH to get checked in. He actually said to wait for him.

When he met up with us in the check-in line he had such a sad look on his face. He said "You were supposed to wait for me so we could walk in together for our first smell of the GCH". Oh, I felt SO bad! Now we make it a point to all walk in together! ::yes::

Debbie

Yeh - what is that smell? I smelled it one other time at the Opryland Hotel in Tennessee. I know it's something in the water but can't figure out what it is. It smells so clean!! :D

Awwww, that's exactly something that my husband would do, so I can commiserate:( He has this tendency to just take the stroller and go.........several times during our last trip I had to ask him what the hurry was, couldn't he slow down for just one minute so the rest of us could catch up and see WDW as more than just a blur? The only weapon I have is to somehow see that he doesn't have his coffee in the morning. Then he's a zombie and I can pretty much control his every move:angel:

DD, 5 years old at the time, LOVED the little mermaid. Well.....I volunteered to be the "runner" for Buzz LIghtyear fastpasses and when I had gotten back....

HE ALREADY TOOK HER TO SEE THE LITTLE MERMAID WITHOUT MEEEEEE!!!!!

This is the little girl, who at age four, when entering the Bronx zoo, innocently looked up at me with her gorgeous eyes and said...mommy, mommy I want to see the mermaids...where are the mermaids......

I get mad thinking about it but clueless husband - well oh well

Husbands! Can't live with em, can't live without em! We took DD to Disneyland for her 8th birthday. For some reason, she couldn't wait to ride Dumbo. She wanted to ride it with me, first thing on her birthday and have Dad camcord it. This upcoming experience began to take on a life of its own. I know that at age 8 her Dumbo Days are winding down. Well, DH recorded our magic ride on Dumbo but the lens cap was on! Didn't know until we got home. The sun was so bright he couldn't really see what he was recording which was nothing! Oh well, we get a good laugh every time we watch the "blackout video"!

hmmm - we are going next week and this sounds like something my DH would do!! Maybe this thread needs to go on the fridge!!!

DH is very quiet and doesn't say much, but we have had a leave a legacy tile in Epcot from the very beginning. Our tile is on the same monument as the boy band group N'sinc,,,,so every time we go to Epcot, every single time, DH walks up to our monument and touches our tile. Every time. I just smile and do the same thing.

Well since where talking about Small World I have to share this story of my MOM. She absolutly refuses to ride it.

Well several years ago (20+) she ended up getting stuck on it for over 2 hours.

She said being stuck wasnt the bad part the HORRIBLE thing is they never turned off the music.

Can you imagine hearing that song over and over and over and over and etc.... well you get the point.

So I cant really say I dont blame her for riding it. But maybe she'll give it a try once its remodeled.

Doug

Originally posted by kbkids
Yeh - what is that smell? I smelled it one other time at the Opryland Hotel in Tennessee. I know it's something in the water but can't figure out what it is. It smells so clean!! :D

I'm not sure what kind of foliage is at the Opryland hotel, but more than the water, I think it's the tropical plants that have that "smell".

I LOVE that smell!!! :)

I don't think I really have a sad story to share.

My fiancée does though! But since she's not here, I'll tell it! :)

When I went to in January of 2002, I hadn't been there since 1986, so my sister was taking pictures of EVERYTHING. She took a picture of Lisa (my wife now, but not at the time) and me in a tea cup. Well that picture was the catalyst for me to start losing weight.

After losing some 120 pounds or so, we went back (it was January of 2003) we were back, and this time with a friend who never had been to Disney World. Well, I wanted a tea cup picture!!! You know, a full-circle thing? So I said, can someone stay off and take my picture??? Well, since the friend had never been there, Lisa volunteered to take the picture.

I found out later that that really bothered her!!! I married her, cause she'll miss out on something like that (a picture that meant so much to her) so somebody else doesn't have to miss out (a Disney World first timer)!!!

It's okay though. I'm now at my goal weight, so when we honeymooned in September, that same friend tagged along for the last three days and we now have a picture of me at my goal weight with my lovely wife.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter