My Tinkerbell Altered ATG Gun ~ Princess added 6/5/12

HOLY PIXIE DUST TINKER BELL!!! That is too cute for words. Great job!!!

Thanks for the kind words! Your comment made me laugh! You are too funny.

I smile every time I use it. It is on my craft table now. I am really pleased with how it turned out :goodvibes

Thanks for the kind words! Your comment made me laugh! You are too funny.

I forgot it was a Tinker Bell alter DUH so now that I think about it the statement is even funnier. LOL.

again you did great. I hope you don't mind I share the link with my scrap group LOL

I forgot it was a Tinker Bell alter DUH so now that I think about it the statement is even funnier. LOL.

again you did great. I hope you don't mind I share the link with my scrap group LOL

Please share :goodvibes I hope I can help someone else with the obsession to purchase paint and rub-ons!

I revisited this thread because a friend of mine just got one of the pink ATG guns. Anyone else get an ATG and alter it?

TK

I am so glad you bumped this up. I have a pink one and would love to alter it. Yours is simply beautiful, but then Tink is is one my most favorites--I like the little characters, Tink, Jiminy, Stitch, etc. Yours is just fabulous and I love that stand, too. I might have to check out if they are still available.

It has been some time since you did yours, how has it all held up? If your gun gets as much use as mine, I wonder how the rub ons are doing.

I am very envious of your ATG.

I am so glad you bumped this up. I have a pink one and would love to alter it. Yours is simply beautiful, but then Tink is is one my most favorites--I like the little characters, Tink, Jiminy, Stitch, etc. Yours is just fabulous and I love that stand, too. I might have to check out if they are still available.

It has been some time since you did yours, how has it all held up? If your gun gets as much use as mine, I wonder how the rub ons are doing.

I am very envious of your ATG.

Hi,
I can happily say that the gun has held up just great! I use it all the time at home. I did put clear bumpers on the stand where the gun rests (where the handle touches and where the top rests) and I haven't even had any chipping.

I did check the link for the stand and it's still active. :thumbsup2

I purchased a second ATG (the pink one) for taking to crops. I must admit Tink works great at home and has held up wonderfully but I don't like to throw her in my crop bag.

I think I'm going to alter my second one with Classic Disney characters. Finding great rub-ons is the trick. I just haven't decided what my base color should be yet. Maybe Mickey yellow....

Teresa

Teresa, You are so talented! Your ATG is the best altered one I have seen. I so so love yours. I wish I have 1 percent of your skill so that I can use the skill to alter my pink atg. I can not even spray paint.

Wen

Teresa, You are so talented! Your ATG is the best altered one I have seen. I so so love yours. I wish I have 1 percent of your skill so that I can use the skill to alter my pink atg. I can not even spray paint.

Wen

Hi Wen,
Thank you so much for your kind comments. :hug:

I'm sure you could alter your ATG too! Just follow my steps (and remember to tape up the whole cover :rolleyes:). The hardest part was finding rub ons that I liked (The Tink ones were easy, the swirlies and sayings took some searching) and getting the right Tink green spray paint. The plastic primer really opened the paint color possibilities as I didn't really like the colors of the spray paint made for plastic.

I'd wait until the weather is nice out because it's easier to paint outside.

It really was a blast to do. Take a leap and alter yours :goodvibes I will help if you have any questions at all.

TK

That is flipping adorable! I would probably never get the nerve up to spray paint mine, but since mine is already pink, I could probably find some rub ons to throw on it. I love this idea! We should have a whole thread for altered ATG guns!!

That is flipping adorable! I would probably never get the nerve up to spray paint mine, but since mine is already pink, I could probably find some rub ons to throw on it. I love this idea! We should have a whole thread for altered ATG guns!!

Be sure to put a coat of the clear over your rub ons to keep them safe. I saw so many cool altered ATG guns when I did my research. Mine was the only Disney one I saw!

TK

I admit this altering business is a bit addicting. :rotfl: I love my Tinkerbell ATG gun but didn't want to take her to crops for fear of her being damaged. I then purchased a second ATG gun with a 50% off coupon.

Well it was pink and nice but I felt something was....missing.... Armed with this thread I went at it again. I ordered another stand too. In for a penny, in for a pound. Luckily the fella was still in business.

The stand:
IMG_4177.jpg

IMG_4178.jpg

Princess #1:
IMG_4179.jpg

Front featuring my favorite princess Belle!
IMG_4185.jpg

IMG_4191.jpg

Back with Aurora:
IMG_4190.jpg

No project is complete without a hidden Mickey!
IMG_4194.jpg

Can you say 'dueling ATGs'?
IMG_4195.jpg

Hope you like it. Sure was fun to do another one.

TK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter