My tips!

Here are some of my tips:
-I wear glasses and on RnR and ToT I make sure they're attached to croakies -sort of eyeglass necklace. I feel alot safer having them attached and around my neck.
-I echo having the day's $ to spend in separate envelopes but what I do with the change is accumulate it then leave it as my last day Housekeeper tip. Then I'm not weighed down by all that change.
-I try to go as light as I can to the parks (being a party of one it's easier) but the less you take, the more enjoyable it will be.

anything I pack that is spillable i.e. hairspray, lotion, anything related all goes in ziplock bags.

give the kids their own fanny packs to carry their "stuff" in.

keep a couple of the tiny bubble bottles like they give out at weddings with you (you can buy them at the dollar store) then if a little one near you is upset, you can give them the bubbles. It sounds nice for them but it helps you not listen to them crying hee hee hee

My tip is to pack a small trial size bottle of dish soap. It works great on stains(better than stain stick) and we also use it to clean our refillable mugs.

monica31671 said:
Crystal Light has these little packages made for bottled water. Tiny packages made to turn a bottle of water into Peach Tea or Raspberry Delight or whatever. We love them. Sam's and Walmart have their own version of this as well.

Just bought the Lipton Tea to Go tonight,they are alot like the crystal light ones (but only tea )and made with slenda. they only had two flavers in my store here and they were natural lemon and madrin and mango. I tried the lemon so far and thought it was great. :goodvibes

Question: what type of bag do you carry into the parks with you? I don't want to carry a big one, yet if I have to use a rain poncho, I need somewhere to put it. There has to be something that's not too BIG and not too small. Please let me know! Thanx!

Glendamax~ I have 3 different size backpacks and a fanny pack. Lots use the fanny....I have a big "travel-luggage" size backpack if I need to tote a lot of stuff. I have a regular "book bag" size backpack (kind kids in elementary school tote around) for just a few things and I also have a small purse-sized backpack (Jantzen). The small one is really great just for toting videocamera and water bottle. It's not big, heavy or intrusive. It really depends what you need/want to carry with you, that depends what you're using. Heck, some folks don't carry a thing! ...but, I need my camera as I am a total shutterbug!!!! :p

I would love to be like those that never carry anything, but I have to have my camera.
I use a fanny pack, please dont tell anyone back home.

Pooh and Bubba, thanx for your responses. I left out that I am a recovering fanny pack user! My pictures looked so DORKY the last time I went to WDW, that I figured there had to be a better way! I think I'll check wilderness and camping stores. I'd like to have something a bit smaller than a back pack.
Thanx again! :wave2:

Glendamax said:
Pooh and Bubba, thanx for your responses. I left out that I am a recovering fanny pack user! My pictures looked so DORKY the last time I went to WDW, that I figured there had to be a better way! I think I'll check wilderness and camping stores. I'd like to have something a bit smaller than a back pack.
Thanx again! :wave2:
You should look into the Bagallini messenger bag. A lot of people, myself included, are raving about it! :Pinkbounc It comes in a million bazillion colors, too.
http://www.baggallini.com/product.asp?category=1&product=132&mode=price

Hi:
LOL! I know just how you feel Glendamax. Last trip I told DH I am not doing the fanny pack anymore and I said to him I feel like a DORK. Fanny packs are so over and I really hated using it. I kept looking for something else while we were there, but couldn't quite find what I was looking for. I definitely am looking for something small, but not to small.
Mad2scrap I'm going to check out the site you just listed right now. Thanks for the info.

Mad2scrap:
I went to the Baggallini site and actually saw the wallet bag I really liked it. However, I went to two of the sites listed in my area and neither have it. Did you use a particular store on-line or did you go to a retail store? Any help would be great. Thanks

Mad2Scrap said:
You should look into the Bagallini messenger bag. A lot of people, myself included, are raving about it! :Pinkbounc It comes in a million bazillion colors, too.
http://www.baggallini.com/product.asp?category=1&product=132&mode=price

Thanks for the link....the diminsions are about the same size of my mini-backpack by Jantzen.....it's about the size of a soft-sided lunchbox (well, the lunchboxes they make now-a-days!)

Having a roll or two of quarters is a good idea. You need them for laundry, road tolls, and of course quarters for the game rooms.

One note though. I was stopped in security because my two rolls of quarters in my purse. They were pretty sure they were quarters but they were not willing to take any chances so I had my bag searched. It was no big deal but next time I will break up the rolls of quarters and put them in a ziploc.

Kimberly

I have done this for years. I have fanny packs for everyone in our group. Then I make snack baggies. In the baggies I place licorice, pretzels, skittles( won't melt) sucker, cheese crackers, and anything else I find that won't melt. Then I put one frozen capri sun in each fanny pack. By having the combination of sour and sweet and salt stuff in there snack bags you can reduce the amount of impulse sweets that your kids ask for.

While I am not big on reservations or Priority Seating I do usually know where we will be eating that day. So I usually make our touring plan to wind up in the area near where we plan to eat at a certain time. I find my children enjoy themselves much better when they know ahead of time where we will be eating and when. This also allows me to better structure my budget.

I also have a small diary sized note book that I keep all of my vacation info in. It is very nice to have everything all in one place. And I can usually get more than one vacation trip in it. I write down all the info about the hotel to which we will be staying, the date I booked the hotel, and any alterations I made plus at least a week before we leave I also put down the date I called to confirm my ressie.(always ask who you are talking to and write their name down) I do the same for my car rental, and airline information. In addition, to this I write down notes of things I learned on my last trip that I want to incorporate in my next one. For example, when we go to universal we always like to stop at the mcDonalds on Sandcreek so I write that down with the memo to pickup McDonalds gift certificates. Another note I jotted down was to use Flippers Pizza Delivery. The Pizzas were only 13.99 each plus tax and tip for a large. Very Big Pizzas and Good. I also include in my notebook my shopping list for when I go to Walmart and the directions.

My friends and family always look at me so funny when I tell them my hints and tips. But you know what they are the first ones to call me for trip planning.

Kimberly

I've gotten some great ideas- thanks to all! I have a question about that bag, though- the messenger bag from the link- does it bother you going around the front. I'm thinking it might get pretty hot? I'm ok w/a backpack, but this seems less bulky.

I take two accordian style plastic file folders with me, one large and one the size of a business size envelope. I use them for putting memorabilia things in, like the hotel newsletter, park maps, the kids activity things, etc. I take the small one with me to put the things I collect during the day, then empty it out into the big one at night. It is lightweight and it keeps those things safe and organized. And it fits really well in my backpack. I am a scrapbooker and I collect a lot of things to use in my scrapbooks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter