• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

My Wife Has ADR-Attention Deficit Reservations

Maize&Blue

DIS Veteran
That's right, she can't seem to make up her mind when it comes to making reservations.

I know that WDW has wonderful food and there is so many choices out there, but my wife can not stick to any reservation she has made. Seems every time she's on the computer, she is changing our reservation. She keeps telling me its because she wants to try different places and there are too many choices. My issue with that is we have been to WDW twice in the last two year, so there are still to choices to make so pick them and stick to it. The only thing that really bothers me is that she asks me me my thoughts, so I add my thoughts, and she changes them the next day. So we are back to square one. Also, to add fuel to the fire, we are going to be on the DxDDP. Now she has more credits to use.

My question to you is this...
Do any of you change your reservation multiple time during your planning, if so, when does it stop!!

Thanks everyone
Keith

(by the way, this doesn't REALLY bother me that much. I'm used to this with my wife. I just wanted to post the question)

Well thank goodness you put your name at the end of your post or I would have been sure my husband posted this:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
It's gotten to the point where his standard answer is "It's JUST FOOD!".

I know.. I don't get it either:confused3

Planning is half the fun!:)

LOL - my future Hubby is in your boat too...I make changes at will...the best part is right now we are planning 12 days of ADRs PLUs our Disney wedding - so he gets to deal with constant revisions to both...

And it stops when we want it to stop...:rotfl: Although I think I'm happy with mine for now, and I'm still 5 months out...

Oh wait - maybe I should change one....or two....

I guess I'll have to put up with it for the next 4 months. :confused:Oh well. Maybe I should just support her with her illness. ;)

I guess I'll have to put up with it for the next 4 months. :confused:Oh well. Maybe I should just support her with her illness. ;)

I have to put up with my husband changing his mind a few times every day! We are doing the DxDDP in June and have been planning since February. We agreed to split up our dining choices - he got to choose half and I got to choose the other half. None of my choices have changed while all but 2 of his have changed! And, now he's unsure of those 2 (Hoop-dee-Doo and Yachtsman)!! :lmao:

My husband could have written this post! :lmao:

Have made and cancelled 7 reservations for a 5-night stay. Part of that was motivated by the fact that I decided to add PH to our tickets, so we had more choices.

Wow ... I sat here thinking DH created a topic on the boards. >.>

SO ... yeah ... Perhaps your wife is my long-lost twin sister?

We have 7 TS credits. Currently ... I have 15 reservations still open. I have cancelled too many to name (4 just today) ... And yes, I do ask him repeatedly for his input, and I'm not sure why, because I don't listen to him.

So ... you're not alone in this. There are many other husbands with wives as crazy as this. At least you guys love us and put up with our indecisiveness! :love:

And, now he's unsure of those 2 (Hoop-dee-Doo and Yachtsman)!! :lmao:

HDDR - We went last year, the show was good, but the food was just OK. Yachtsman - We are planning it for this trip coming up. It will be our first time there. It was my pick, she doesn't really want to go. She's not a red meat (Steak)eater at all, but she does eat chicken and burgers. I will not give on this dinner reservation. Although I did have to give in to her request for Crystal Palace and Winnie the Pooh. I hate Pooh.

So if were me I would cut HDDR before Yachtsman.

Dave- is this you? LOL- I know it can't be, because you would NEVER say you lived in Michigan (Ohioans here) :)

We leave in 37 days and I am STILL driving DH crazy with my ADR changes- Sometimes I email him at work and ask him to help me decide between eating at 12:30pm and 1pm- and I get mad when he doesn't give me an opinion :)

My DH and I plan our ADRs right after we book our trip so we usually have a few months to decide. We always choose 1 or 2 restaurants that we have not been. We do at least 1 TS lunch and one character breakfast. We go over the menus to decide. BUT once I make those ADRs thats it, I dont even look at it again. If I did, I would be changing them too.

Ha, my DH is in the same boat. I don't cancel as much, just question. I had an 8:15 ADR and saw an 8:30 open and asked, do you think that's better, over and over. DH thought I was nuts! He doesn't get it! I am 3 weeks away and I think I finally am content....I think!!!

HDDR - We went last year, the show was good, but the food was just OK. Yachtsman - We are planning it for this trip coming up. It will be our first time there. It was my pick, she doesn't really want to go. She's not a red meat (Steak)eater at all, but she does eat chicken and burgers. I will not give on this dinner reservation. Although I did have to give in to her request for Crystal Palace and Winnie the Pooh. I hate Pooh.

So if were me I would cut HDDR before Yachtsman.

Yeah - I would be just fine with cutting HDDR, so if he brings it up again, I think I will gently push him in the direction of getting rid of it. I have a hard time giving up 2 dining credits for it.

We looked at Yachtsman food photos last night and are now solidly sold - can't wait for those steaks!

:rotfl::rotfl:. Oh wow you all are cracking me up. I too was worried that maybe my husband had found the DIS boards. But you said you were on the DeluxeDP so I let out a sigh of relief. It's hard to say when it will stop. I made changes up until about 3 weeks out last time. Now with the on-line reservations it's even easier. Before, I had to go through the embarrassment of a CM seeing all my cancelations when I called. Now, nobody knows but me. :rolleyes1 As it gets closer it's harder to make changes because there is less availability.

Well thank goodness you put your name at the end of your post or I would have been sure my husband posted this:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
It's gotten to the point where his standard answer is "It's JUST FOOD!".

I know.. I don't get it either:confused3

Planning is half the fun!:)

I was thinking the same thing, especially since his name is maizeandblue (my DH's favorite colors) :rotfl2:

I have the same exact problem as your DW, I will make a list of different ADRs, then make a new list, then make a new one, then show my DH and he will tweak it and either come up with some new choices that I would of never of thought of going to (either thought he wouldn't want to go to, or just never thought about them, for example he wanted to add two more character breakfasts :cool1:) or he would just get rid of some because he didn't like the idea of it. But I have vowed to break this habit because for our September trip, our ADRs that we have I actually love. These are ADRs that we either have never been to, ones that are must dos, or ones we haven't been to in a long time, so I am determined to keep them. I did, however, change my mind on one ADR after I made it but it was the next day so I am not counting that one. Good luck, and just remember planning is half the fun of it.

Yes, I change my ADR's multiple times. The difference is I am a good wife...I NEVER bother my husband to ask his opinion! :lmao:

YUP...that's me too! I have already revisited my list again this morning and plan to make 5 more ADR changes today. It's nutty!

Hubby get's frustrated with me and is "getting tired of hearing about it". Only 110 more days to go...and probably 6-7 more times making changes.:confused3

I have ADRs and I have only changed one, but I'm sure I'll change many more (in fact, I'm getting ready to change 2 this week).

My DH has NO IDEA all the planning involved into our next trip. :laughing: He knows I've made spreadsheets and reservations, but he does not know the mental back-and-forth between different signatures, which days to book 3 ADRs for, and how they fit with our general plan.

Op, loved the title, it was unique and funny! I know your wife is happy she has you to support her during her "time of need";)

I'm in the same boat over here. I "think" I have mine just about perfect, unless they change the hours of any of the parks, or if Remy will not be at Chefs de France in September, or if the farmers almanac calls for rain on Sept. 21......lol!

No, seriously, the tweaking and revising is fun, and I have gotten to the point where I have told myself "no more changes". As the date of the trip gets closer and availability is scarcer, making changes won't be as easy, so might as well do it now when we can.

My husband was teasing me about it the other day and I told him "You won't be teasing me when you are sitting on the outside patio of the Rose and Crown eating surf and turf with a cold beer overlooking the lagoon watching Illuminations while tons of people are down on the ground fighting for a spot to watch".....he said he still may tease me anyway, we'll see! ;)

I'm glad to see it's just not my wife that has this disease. ;)It's been fun reading everyone's replies. :lmao: I think she maybe winding down now, of coarse she also at work too.:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter