Mystery Pins

I think you hit the nail on the head when you said you were not a pin trader. Smile, and buy from ebay!:goodvibes

I love trading for mystery pins. Like Parkhopper Vince and NJBlackBerry I have been trading for over six years. There is nothing more fun than going after those mystery pins. If you don't like it, you simply trade it back to another cast member - case closed.

Except when that mystery pin ends up being one that's littering lanyards as is... like 2000 Dancer's and cuties... that happened to us a couple times last trip. :rotfl2: Managed to get rid of the 2000 Dancers, but never could get rid of the cuties. Maybe next time!

Except when that mystery pin ends up being one that's littering lanyards as is... like 2000 Dancer's and cuties... that happened to us a couple times last trip. :rotfl2: Managed to get rid of the 2000 Dancers, but never could get rid of the cuties. Maybe next time!

I can't stand the cuties! I think one night we were there last time I had a wacky Japanese anime dream about those things- they must go!:scared1:

DS got the Pocahontas yehakins tent thing as a mystery pin. And it really was a mystery because the CMs had no idea what it was!:rotfl2: We looked it up on PinPics when we got home.

We will have to look for Scoop in August.

DS got the Pocahontas yehakins tent thing as a mystery pin. And it really was a mystery because the CMs had no idea what it was!:rotfl2: We looked it up on PinPics when we got home.

Now that is funny! That Pocahontas pin had to be the strangest looking in the cast lanyard series. I remember when we were all first getting it and trying to figure out what the heck it was!

Terry
:goodvibes

Our DD absolutely LOVES trading mystery pins with the CMs. Sometimes they're good. Sometimes not. If they're not good, you can ALWAYS trade them again. This added a lot of magic to her trading.

Once again, wasn't really going for whether anyone liked it (I understand people have different taste), but I wanted to bring up how strange it is that cast members created this with out the permission of Disney.

Ok, you did have permission. :)

I was just going by what Disney management told me :)

No hard feelings I hope. I take what Disney management told me over what someone else told me. I thought I was being smart...guess not :)

Best wishes to everyone!

Just so you know- I was Disney management at that time.

So thank you for taking my word. I appreciate that!

I hope you have better experiences in the future.:goodvibes

The manager that I spoke to seemed to be pretty high up, not that you were not. It seems to me, just my opinion, it is one of those things that have flown under the radar, so a lot of people think it is okay b/c it was done previously. My two cents and that is about what it is worth.

I didn't really want to argue over whether it was allowed or not. I was at the Flower and Garden show on Saturday and I saw someone with mystery pins. So I just ignored her and I filed a complaint on her. It is up to them to do something about it or not. I did notice less people doing it, so they must be nipping it in the bud (or not).

Either way, makes no difference. I just found the entire sub-culture of pin traders interesting.

I do have a funny story to share. The first day we brougth pins to trade, it just so happened that EPCOT was having a pin trading event. We saw this guy getting like 2,000 pins out of his trunk (he had to use a device with wheels!). We were amazed at the number of pins he had (we had like 6 lol). The guy was so nice. He saw us admiring them and he stopped and talked with us. He showed us some of his pins (he collected Peter Pans). He was such a kind soul. We had a good time just chatting with him about pins. He told us a lot about them (most that I've forgotten). It was just an example of how pin trading can bring people together to talk.

I like mystery pins, I don't always trade for them, but I think they can be fun. I hope all the complaints that the OP is filing about them doesn't get the Mystery-pin trading somehow discontinued...

agnes!

I like mystery pins, I don't always trade for them, but I think they can be fun. I hope all the complaints that the OP is filing about them doesn't get the Mystery-pin trading somehow discontinued...

agnes!

That won't happen. The original poster is one supremely disgruntled person who a Supervisor was probably trying to appease when he was told that this was not an allowed practice. I am quite sure that he will not be able to ruin this for the rest of us.

Suzi

Man, you guys can be very mean :) I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun. I sort of found it annoying and I was told by management it was against the "rules". I'm not trying to ruin anyone's fun. If Disney wants to make it part of the "game", so be it.

When were not upset when we complained, we had taken time to calm down and my wife did all the talking. We barely had 10 seconds to explain what happened when the manager started telling us how embarrassed she was by what was going on. She was very kind to us. Honestly, we never had to "complain". As soon as she heard what was going on she told me it was not sanctioned by Disney.

I did what any reasonable person would do: I believed her :)

So, I posted her to see if anyone else had heard about it and sort of chuckle at how this all happened underneath Disney's nose.

I am not supremely disgruntled :) I was told by upper management it was not allowed. Disney fans on a message board are telling me it is. Who should I believe?

The
Thread
That
Will
Not
Die

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You have chosen to believe what you think you heard. And that is being disputed. I am not sure how "Senior" the manager you spoke to is, but many of us simply disagree with you. Nothing more to it.

On to pin trading.

I bought some TINY pins in a set of 4 after Christmas. They are sooooooo cute and I thought they would be a good way for my Grandbaby to get started on her pin trading...will people be willing to trade for them? After reading this thread it's making me wonder..she will not be quite 3 when she goes and won't understand the entire concept ...I'd hate for someone to be rude to her and refuse to trade because the pins were considered "trash pins"

NJBlackBerry,

Please don't tell me I didn't hear what she said, that is just rude. Whether she was correct in what she said, you can dispute all day. But talking down to me like she didn't say b/c you want to defend Disney at all cost, is rude. Please be nice. I am not insulting you in the least, heck I hope we can be friends on this board :) We are very nice people. I promise :)

We were just told this, whether it was correct or not we disagree. Thanks for respecting me and my family as I will yours. I am sorry if I took this the wrong way, but I just have fun reading these boards and I wanted to be part of the community. I see that I've offende people by saying what a manager said to me. It was said to me. I promise.

Anyway, best wishes to all! :)

I just wanted to say to you that from all the years I've been on line and communicated in various forms I have found things said can easily be taken in different ways without seeing a person and hearing a tone...I know you were frustrated...but dear reporting a person for this I feel was taking things a bit too far....I see many people on here enjoy the mystery pins as much as I do...if you aren't one of those just don't do it and let that be it...allowed or not its fun for MANY of us....continuing to call it to the attention of "higherups" may have them re-thinking an enjoyable pastime for many....again I say to you DON"T SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF and in this big oh mean world...you are sweating SMALL STUFF with this!!:hippie:

djblu883,

You put that very kindly and I'll honestly take what you say and think about. I honestly feel weird about "turning" them in. It was never my idea to "turn anyone in", I was instructed to do this by the manager I spoke with. I really need to find that card and see if I can get in touch with her to help clear this up.

I brought it up only b/c I was very curious about how a subculture (mystery pins) to a subculture (pin traders) could just pop up. I thought my turning in the people that were breaking the rules would be a good thing to right past wrongs.

I am in no way trying to take fun away from anyone, but please understand to me it is unfun (if I may use it as a word) to have to deal with. Maybe I'll stop complaining about it at the parks, but I was asked to by management. I thought I was helping the Disney product, which I do love (yes, even more than universal lol).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter