• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MYW one day to AP what was your answer

mortimor

Mouseketeer
Our AP's are up for renewal, but due to the money savings with the dining package we went with the package and the one day MYW tickets for each person. I have read on a couple different posts about people upgrading the one day to an AP when they got to WDW and were credited the $$ from the one day ticket. We called today and were told by CRO that we cannot do this since buying the one day was part of the package. The CM even checked with someone else before telling us this. We then called back and spoke with a CM through AP guest services and were told that the one day is on the room card and we CAN upgrade and get credit just by going to guest relations. All to often I get different answers from different CM's so what have you all been told and does anyone have any personal experience with being able to upgrade with the current offer. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Yes, it can be upgraded to anything you want. You'll need to go to Guest Relations (at a park or DtD) to upgrade to an AP. Your resort Lobby Concierge could upgrade to another MWY ticket if that's what you wanted, but not an AP. If your current APs were still active, you could even have that one day ticket pulled from your room key and put on a separate card to save for later use.

Here's my experience:

Last year we went on the Free Dining package with a 1-day base ticket because we had APs at the time. No problems. Ticket was put on the room key as per package deals. Kicker: we lost the room keys that had the tickets on them!!! Gasp!!!! What were we to do???

This year we went in May to WDW. Had our APs but we were going to renew when we were down there. We went to the resort that we originally stayed in during our package time last year. The resort was able to pull our info since it was less than 1 year ago), and they were able to recreate the 1-day tickets for us.

However, we had to go to guest relations in DTD to apply the price of the MYW 1-day base ticket plus the renewal discount towards the price of our AP renewals. It was done in less than 15 minutes. We couldn't do it at the resort, but you can certainly do it at the parks or at DTD. Not only did we get the price of the 1-day ticket applied, but also the $50 renewal discount.

We'll be doing the same thing this year. Since we have APs, we're getting the free dining package with a 1-day base ticket and then we'll apply the cost towards AP renewals in 2007.

I called the AP office as we are using free dining and will have the 1 day tickets. The office said I could go to guest services and use the ticket against the renewal of the pass which is due at the same time :)

Wow! Thanks for the additional info! I knew they could be put towards the purchase of a new AP, but I did not know they could be applied towards a renewal! :)

You're welcome!

The application towards renewal was a deal-breaker for me. If we couldn't apply towards renewal, we would not have purchased the 1day passes just to get the free dining and would have missed out on that promotion. Disney was really accomodating in this respect, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter