Name a good/bad thing that happened today

Oh man, that sucks. Positive vibes heading your way.

Are you serious! Some lowlife stole a wheelchair. *******s.

What was so bad was DH was telling at work what happened and a customer said the same thing happened to her. I guess there is a need for wheelchairs. I just hope someone really needs it.

What was so bad was DH was telling at work what happened and a customer said the same thing happened to her. I guess there is a need for wheelchairs. I just hope someone really needs it.

That just sucks. Check with some local churches (or Google?). My parents' church in NJ has a healthcare equipment ministry, where people donate beds, wheelchairs, etc. and the church gives them away. I've not heard of it around here, but maybe there's a place in your area?

Good: Packed breakfast AND lunch for work today, and going to Ravinia with DH this evening.

Bad: Had a tooth abscess while on a business trip last week. Found an emergency dentist in DC (where I was), who prescribed antibiotics but no pain meds. Called my dentist this morning (who only works 3 days a week), and they can't get me in this week, at all. As the swelling's gone down, the pain has increased. "My" dentist will no longer be my dentist after this is taken care of -- I've switched my primary care dentist, but it doesn't take effect until September 1. Sigh.

Last edited:
Good - that car I'm borrowing and driving handles fantastic in heavy rain.
Bad - woke up to news that a tropical storm formed overnight and was coming ashore!

That just sucks. Check with some local churches (or Google?). My parents' church in NJ has a healthcare equipment ministry, where people donate beds, wheelchairs, etc. and the church gives them away. I've not heard of it around here, but maybe there's a place in your area?

Good: Packed breakfast AND lunch for work today, and going to Ravinia with DH this evening.

Bad: Had a tooth abscess while on a business trip last week. Found an emergency dentist in DC (where I was), who prescribed antibiotics but no pain meds. Called my dentist this morning (who only works 3 days a week), and they can't get me in this week, at all. As the swelling's gone down, the pain has increased. "My" dentist will no longer be my dentist after this is taken care of -- I've switched my primary care dentist, but it doesn't take effect until September 1. Sigh.

DC: Unprecedented (sp?) No pain meds, who (Dentist in general) does that!

Last edited:
DC: Unprecedented (sp?) No pain meds, who (Dentist in general) does that!

I know, right? The pharmacist took one look at the prescription, one look at me (my face was incredibly swollen), and said, "He didn't prescribe anything for pain?" LOL. I did tell him I was taking up to 4 ibuprofen at a time, and he'd said that the Motrin prescription he would have written was for 800 mgs, equating to the same thing.

I was really hoping for a narcotic something or other to help me sleep, but didn't happen.

Because I couldn't fly for 48-72 hours (fear of rupture), I took an overnight train home -- it was a really interesting experience. There's a whole subculture of people who only travel on the train. Who knew?

I know, right? The pharmacist took one look at the prescription, one look at me (my face was incredibly swollen), and said, "He didn't prescribe anything for pain?" LOL. I did tell him I was taking up to 4 ibuprofen at a time, and he'd said that the Motrin prescription he would have written was for 800 mgs, equating to the same thing.

I was really hoping for a narcotic something or other to help me sleep, but didn't happen.

Because I couldn't fly for 48-72 hours (fear of rupture), I took an overnight train home -- it was a really interesting experience. There's a whole subculture of people who only travel on the train. Who knew?

AW, I wish I'd known this last week. I was in DC then also and I always have a full cadre of pain relievers with me! All legal, prescribed, but with my back I can't take a chance on being in agony while away on vacation. Hope you are feeling better soon!

I will start

Good
Arsenal won a trophy

Bad
No meat pies in the co op.

Good: The materials for our new roof were delivered today, so they new roof will be started tomorrow.
Bad: I stepped in a hornets nest while trimming brush in our yard and got stung about 20 times.

Good: Got many things checked off the list for my sons return to college in two weeks including financial aid and apartment issues.

Bad: still have vertigo which is perimenopause based (I can't believe I'm that old) and dr bills for my gallbladder surgery were more than I anticipated (crappy insurance).

The bad massive I have a massive addiction to the disboards so my book is not getting read and every week my neighbor wants to know where I am in the book

The good getting great advice on my upcoming trip and helping others with there's

Bad: was diagnosed with shingles today.
Good:was diagnosed with shingles today, by a doctor who knew what he was doing and given medicine to help me get better. I came home and curled up on the couch with a soft blanket and a cuddly cat who made biscuits on my lap. I made scrambled eggs and toast for lunch. Washed it down with a cold glass of milk and it tasted like the best meal ever. I’m off of work tomorrow and I plan on resting. Today was a good day.

Good: My daughter is looking like she might actually pass her swim test this time around, and I did a mild 3 mile run.

Bad: I'm broke and spent lots of time in the phone with Disney techs today.

Good:. Dh and I played a card game again; I won!

Bad:. A predicted T-storm came through, and it Hailed!!

Fwiw, YES, we played cards "again" as in two days in a row, because the weather prediction kept us home with our scaredy retriever "Charlie!" :dog2:

Bad: was diagnosed with shingles today.
Good:was diagnosed with shingles today, by a doctor who knew what he was doing and given medicine to help me get better. I came home and curled up on the couch with a soft blanket and a cuddly cat who made biscuits on my lap. I made scrambled eggs and toast for lunch. Washed it down with a cold glass of milk and it tasted like the best meal ever. I’m off of work tomorrow and I plan on resting. Today was a good day.

:hug: I hear your pain. I had a mild case years ago. My diagnosis was quick, and the medication took effect quickly. Mine was likened to labour pains!

Good: Got many things checked off the list for my sons return to college in two weeks including financial aid and apartment issues.

Bad: still have vertigo which is perimenopause based (I can't believe I'm that old) and dr bills for my gallbladder surgery were more than I anticipated (crappy insurance).

Perimenopause sucks! :hug:

Good thing - the auditor that was suppose to come today was delayed.

Bad thing - the audit that was suppose to happen today is now tomorrow.

Good-Fleetwood Mac's performance at Classics East concert
Very, very, very bad-Journey's performance at same

Best-Eagles performance the night before-especially Deacon Frey standing in for his dad:sad::sad::sad:

Good: DD's school just processed the post-911 GI bill stuff for her tuition and room/board, and it went down by 60%!

Bad: STILL haven't gotten to the dentist for my abscess. She was going to try to "work me in" as of yesterday morning. I've left 3 messages since, with no call back. I'm working from home today in the high hopes of getting in. In the meantime, I just want a freaking appointment on the books.

Most of these made me smile. Even with the bad, we are surely blessed. I think of others in other nations and how they would answer...

Good: My 9 week puppy sat quietly in her crate while I vacuumed and did not cry, for the first time.
Bad: We have 8 trees that need to come down, top heavy with large dead limbs, in the backyard and the city's requirements for measuring, photos, mapping, documenting are making my head spin.

So all in all, it's been a good day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter