• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name Badges

Jinnyboom

Mouseketeer
Can anyone tell me where to order these??
I once had a website but I've lost it...these are the character badges with your name engraved on it.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!!

:bounce:

I am assuming you are referring the the Guest of Honor badges?
Here is the number / email to order directly from WDW:
MDSE Guest Services (407) 363-6200

or email WDW.MAIL.ORDER@DISNEY.COM

This is for anything that is sold at WDW.

Good luck
-Dc

We just got back this last weekend and I would have to say that this one purchase for our 3 kids made our trip doubly magic. From the VERY BEGINNING of our vacation there, nearly every single CM used the name badges to make our kids feel extra special and there were too many to count, let me tell ya. ;)

Many would joke about the kids working there but most of the time it would simply be "Hi Ashley!" or "Good morning, Princess Haley!" I can't say enough about how much these inexpensive little tokens made our first adventure so much more magical.

Hope you can get them in time.

Tammy

PS - Oh yeah, we had purchased ours from GiftsofaLifetime.com along with the autograph book and pen.

Why would you want to post your childs name and information on them for strangers to see. Is this safe for your child? I would think it would help a stranger to kidnap your child or put them in danger.

It's just their first name, no more. And they are young, never left our side. It really added to the trip and never once did we feel it compromised their safety. Believe me, we are very sensitive to that!

Tammy

Oh, ok. That make sense. I must have mis-read one of the replys to this post. I thought someone said it had more information on it.

I would not even have my child's First name out there for the world to see. Yes, you think your child is safe, and they won't leave your side but you can never be sure of that. Even having the childs first name is all a "stranger" need to lure a child away. IMO, it is better to be safe then sorry.

It is a personal decision...

I suppose you are as passionate against personalized Mouse Ears?

Again, personal decision...

and I still believe my kids safety wasn't compromised.

Still enjoying the magic, :)
Tammy

rangerfan
Yes it is a personal decision. Harmless...questionable.

And yes, you won't see my children running around with mouse ears with their names on them. I would much rather be over cautious then to take chances.

I had our name badges made at Downtown Disney (or whatever it is called now). The best thing about this is my boyfriends son's name is Logan and we can NEVER find anything with his name on it. He was so happy to have his name on it. He wore it all the time. As far as a safety issue, I never even thought about it. He was 10 or 11 at the time although I would have done it if he was younger.

Isn't it a shame that we have to think twice about what may bring a little happiness to the kids lives. I'm glad you did it and it make your trip that much more special to your kids ... also glad you used your head and never left your kids out of your sight!

A few years ago I made name tags for a friend's daughter and son that were touring WDW with us. They were done up on laynards ... when laynards were starting to become popular, and when the CM's called their daughter by name she was just so thrilled.

I know we have to be cautious but I also know that we should make the most of every good time we can. We all need to have good memories to go back to when things around us get tough to take!

Okay, great. If they are at DD I'm assuming they are in WoD?? DH and I are going back in November and "I" want my own GoH tag:p :p When this thread appeared I'll admit it ran through my mind too about a stranger and danger for a child. Then I thought about that child's face of feeling so important in being recognized by a grownup CM in a special way. That would push it over to the "buy them" side for me personally. I'll pick some while in DD if I find out where. the once in a lifetime site is out. myself and both my kids have names that are *always* not on the rack. Guess that's the breaks of originality anyway. Peace and to each his own.

I would just like to say that if you are going to overly second guess the idea of putting your kids first name on a hat or name tag you might want to consider what is you are yelling out when they get a little too far ahead or get shuffled into a crowd.

Originally posted by HvnzCaress
I would just like to say that if you are going to overly second guess the idea of putting your kids first name on a hat or name tag you might want to consider what is you are yelling out when they get a little too far ahead or get shuffled into a crowd.
I for one am not second guessing it at all it is just not going to happen, for just this reason. It only take a few seconds to loose a child, and having their name on a name badge or hat, makes it easier for a potential kidnapper. I am not sure simply SAYING a childs name is going to have the same outcome, since this same potential kidnapper will have no clue who "suzy" is out of a dozen kids.

I know we all would like to think WDW is a safe place and as far as I know there have been no kidnappings at WDW but like I have said before, I would rather take the over protective route.

I somewhat agree with WDW2002 about the name thing I've never bought my daughter anything with her name on it - and when her daycare provider wrote it on her shoes (outside edge) I scratched it out and wrote it on the inside.

But that said I will buy her a GOH badge (and one for me too). This is our first visit and that feeling of joy when Cinderella knows your name is something I don't want her to miss. So I'll buy her the badge and watch out for her and pray just like I always do.

We do what we can to keep our kids safe, we love them, and teach them, and pray for them. But in a world where a child can be taken out of her own bed, from her own front yard, in front of the whole block of people at a party - is a name badge going to make her more vunerable? I am sorry if this upsets anyone - but that's how I feel.

When I e-mailed Disney shopping services they wrote back and said the GOH badges were no longer available ? What ?? I was surprised to hear this. I knew giftsofalifetime were temp. out but I didn't think they were nolonger being made. Does anyone know anymore about this ?:(

I called Disney to order the badges and the lady told me you can get them at Magic Kingdom(the Emporium I think she said) and I also think she said Downtown Disney(near the Christmas store?). It was a couple of weeks ago so I am not real sure what she told me, bad memory, but its sounds like they are still available.

Hope this helps
Less than two weeks now

When I called about 3 weeks ago, the only ones they were selling were ones with pre-printed names, and apparantly they were running out of those as well. I'm sure it's a temporary thing until their new supplier gets geared up. When they can't find one with "Sue" on it, it's time to re-stock!!!

We bought our daughters badge in MGM in one of the shops on the main street. I think it was called 5 & dime ??As she prefers to use a shortened version of her name we had to wait just 30 mins for one to be engraved with her name.

They also made a special gift for her best friend at home who was due to visit WDW a month after we got home.

My DD at 10 really enjoyed being greated by name.

My 2 Ds at 8 & 14 wouldn't wear one at any price!!!!!!!!!

:jester: :jester: :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter