Nancy's Weight Loss Journal (Feel Free to Post!)

B-Atkins Cinnamon Breakfast bar (something like that), very yummy
L-Whopper w/ cheese, no bun (forgot to ask for no ketchup though!)
D-2 bratwurst

exercise WATP 2 Mile and Curves

When I went to Curves tonight the lady that signed me up (MaryAnn) was there. I have not seen her in several weeks, she works days mostly. She says to me "I hear you had some awesome first month results!" I said, heck yeah I did, 13.5 inches! She was quite impressed, as was I that she knew! Whew, that made me feel good!

Tomorrow is my weigh in day!

B-none
L-Atkins Apple Crisp Breakfast Bar
D-Salad w/ italian and chicken tenders w/ crushed pork rinds fried in butter (kind of breaded, but it fell off a lot)
S-New ice cream I found, made with Splenda, had a half cup Moose Tracks flavor

Exercise--Broadway Blast Off and Curves

WEIGH IN: I was 194 today, that is a 3lb loss this week and earned me a new clippie! That brings my total to 21 lbs lost on WISH/Atkins!

So, I have surpassed my mini goal to get to 195. Next goal, I would like to be 175 by Thanksgiving--if I am I will allow myself to have a half cup of stuffing, if not, well...my favorite Thanksgiving food will have to just stay away from my plate! Just a mini reward for a mini goal!

B-none
L-Atkins Apple Crisp breakfast bar
D-half of a Meat-zaa, w/ cheese, green pepper, etc
S-I had a few cheats today--4 garlic Ritz crackers & a couple bites of chicken noodle soup--oops!

Also, no exercise today--something really exciting happened, I re-enrolled in college for the 1st time in 10 years!!!!! I was so busy today with phone calls, going down to the campus etc etc that I just never did it. I will hopefully replace this Saturday that was free for me with my program from today.

Congratulations on going back to college! I am sure that will be keeping you busy!!!!!! You can get in some good walking time if the campus is big enough.;)

I'm so excited for you - heading back to college! Best of luck in your studies!!

Your WISH progress has been great too! Your new clippie looks wonderful! That exercise really helps - way to go!

Thank you so much for the votes of confidence! It is exciting, really exciting, although a little bit scary too! I am sooooo close to my Associates degree and just a few classes short of transferring to a University that it is almost overwhelming. I am going into Elementary Education--torn between a Major in Math not sure I can remember the math from 10 years ago) which will make me a more "marketable" teacher or Language Arts (my true passion, and I am very good in this area as well!) which will not make me as "marketable". I have time to look into this, so I do not need to make any decisions right away.

I also need to figure out how to fit a new exercise schedule into my busy life--I think that may take me a few weeks! Thanks again, I am truly among "friends" on these boards!

Okay, okay...I really blew it! Friday was okay, a couple of salads and a few bites of a hot fudge sundae. Not the best choice, but it was only 4 bites, so I could live with that. Saturday, I went to Taco Bell for the first time since I started Atkins, made decent choices there too. (except for the **** taco salad shell that I ate too much of!) Then...came Sunday....

We went to stay the night in a fun resort with lots of indoor stuff to do--pools, games, play areas etc. They had an all you can eat buffet--Mexican! Did I mention I love Mexican food??? Well, I ate it--and I mean ALL of it, tortilla shells, beans, all of it! I felt so sick leaving the restaraunt that I thought I would puke. I am not sure if it was the shock of the carbs or the shock of really overeating for the 1st time in ages, or maybe the guilt of it all--but I blew it big time and continued to blow it the next morning, when I proceeded to eat some hush puppies and a pancake at an all you can eat breakfast buffet!

Couple all that with no real exercise for the past few days and know what you get??? A FIVE pound gain!!!!!

So, here I go, I am back on the wagon again today--drinking a lot of water, hopefully flushing out the water I gained and I am trying to fast today as well, my weigh in is tomorrow!

Is it possible to lose it by tomorrow morning??? I doubt it, but we will see!

Tuesday Sept 2nd

Tried to fast most of the day, drank about 85oz of water, ate a very small, low carb dinner (didn't record it--have been sick for a few days here since)
Exercise: WATP 2 Mile and Curves

Wed Sept 3rd
Feeling sick, sick, sick! Stuffy head, sore throat, the works! Again, did not each much as I was pretty achey all day
Exercise: Managed a half hour Broadway tape.
(And it was my first night of school!--went great!)

Thurs Sept 4th
B-Atkins Apple Crisp Crunch Bar
L-Couple slices ham and Muenster
D-4 oz steak
No exercise

Today, we are leaving for a camping weekend, I am packing so that I can stay on track--don't want to come home with another 5 lbs extra!

Nancy, I'm thinking of you and hoping your camping trip went well! You have so much going on now and yet you're still committed to healthy eating and exercise - way to go!! Don't worry too much about the little bumps in the road - as long as they don't get too out of hand. You're on the right track - keep up the good work!

Well, I did much better than last weekend--much! I ate on target on Friday, did have one "hobo" pie (2 slices bread) on Saturday--all else was fine, and had one slice of bread today, Sunday.

It helped that there was a true inspiration there with me, a friend of a friend, so to speak (we camp with them a few times per year). Well, I last saw her about a year ago, and since then she has lost 73 POUNDS!!!! So, we walked and drank water together! How perfect! I will also be seeing her in 2 weeks.

I weighed myself when we got home and it seemed fine, will do a real check tomorrow morning and make sure!

Tomorrow is busy, Kindergarten in the a.m., Gymnastics in the afternoon and my class at night--so I hopefully won't have much time to eat! LOL!

And thanks, Doe, your positive thoughts must have helped guide me this weekend! Can you keep them up for our camping trip this coming weekend--it is a Halloween theme (ugghhh!) ;)

Everything is going okay, still munching on a few "bad" things, but overall I am keeping up with all new demands--school, kids stuff, exercise and eating.

I made it to Curves one day this week, am hoping to make it tonight too! I am camping again this weekend, so I am preparing for that!

I did get my Curves 2 Month results today:

Bust 45.75
Waist 38.5
Abdomen 43
Hips 44
Thighs 26 (both)
Arms 14 & 14.25
Weight 193.6 (with jeans on)

Lost this month 5.75 inches, 8.2 lbs
Total to date (at Curves) 19.25 inches and 17.8 lbs

Next month, I should be joining the 20/20 vlub (20 lbs and or inches lost)

Now that is some motivation for me to get moving and get better on track than I have been the last couple weeks!

For the rest of my life, typing that date will cause me pain! My grandfather died 2 years ago, not related to the attacks, and then several hours later the whole world went crazy--truly the worst day of my life, which I know many many other people share for completely different reasons. God Bless the U.S.A.

Anyway..... on with the show here....

B-Atkins Cinnamon Breakfast bar
L-couple of crackers (bad), slices of cheese, piece salami
D-Sizzling Shrimp PLatter at our local Chinese restaraunt. 1st time we have had Chinese since I started Atkins 7/2. What an excelllent choice, too. I don't have nutritional info, but nothing was breaded and I opted for no rice, and the gravy was light so I think it was pretty good!

Didn't make it to Curves--out to eat then had to go pick up our camper----and here is the weekend!

I cannot believe John Ritter died! I am sitting here in shock as I hear our local news talk about it! I am 31 years old, so I completely LOVED 3's company, and I also loved that 8 simple rules. Plus we watch Clifford a lot--John Ritter was so awesome!
And he was only 54, I hope is family is okay! Gosh, it makes me so sad---he was just so young! This day is going to be a downer, I can just tell--I better prepare for saying NO to comfort foods right now!

Nancy, I'm sending {{ hugs }} your way!! You sound a bit down with everything that's going on. At least you're aware of your tendency toward comfort foods at these times and you're making an effort to still eat healthy. Be careful about all those "little cheats" because they can undermine your healthy way of eating. However, even on your cheat days I bet you're eating way less carbs than you used to, so you're still being good to yourself!!

I will keep you in my thoughts this weekend during your camping trip. I hope the weather is good where you're going. Make good choices!!

The first of 2 Halloween Camping weekends is over, and I did pretty okay. I had 2 "fun size" candy bars yesterday and one slice of wheat bread today, but other than those two cheats--I stayed on track!

exercise, of course, did not happen--except for a lot of walking to the parks etc with my kids.

I also managed to read up to chapter 2 in Dr Phil's book. The more I read, the more I love what I am reading. Once I get to the eating and exercise portion of the book and do ALL the questions etc, I will decide whether I want to switch to his plan or just use the keys and stay on Atkins for a while longer. From what I have seen in the back of the book (I did glance at it!), his eating plan is a low fat AND low carb diet--only eat the "good" carbs that is! There is an allowance for low fat crackers and cereals though, which would be great for me! Again, I am not sure what to do--Atkins would be easier in a way, but Dr Phil's approach would be better for the long term.....still, his way of getting real with everything is the best approach--if I can label my thoughts in a way to replace them with better thoughts I may not even reach for the high carbs or high fats anymore at all!

Okay, tomorrow I start journaling EVERYTHING I eat again, I have gotten out of that habit over the last few weeks. So, if it is not listed here tomorrow, I will catch up and list it soon thereafter! It is all about accountibility!

I'm glad things went well, Nancy! I'll be checking in to see all the healthy food you'll be eating!! No matter which eating plan you choose, I think being AWARE of the food you eat is half the battle. You will probably never go back to eating the way you used to and that is a good thing!!

B-3/4 Cup of Honey Bunches of Oats w/ 1/2 Cup Skim Milk
S-banana
L-Salad w/ italian dressing
D-spaghetti sauce w/ gound beef, about 1 cup total
S-2 teddy graham cookies (the small ones, just popped them into my mouth when I should not have!)

Exercise--25 Minute Tone Up on Broadway tape

Well, I decided to give the Dr Phil approach a quick try. I am not necessarily sure that I will keep it, but I am going to try it for several days and see how I like it. Oddly, I have not made it to the part of the book that really explains how to eat yet, but I kind of have a good idea of what is "right" and what is "wrong", so I went with that.

I worked like crazy on that Dr Phil book today, I am almost half way through now. I am hoping to journal some of my overall revelations from the book here over the next few days.

Tomorrow, my youngest starts preschool so I will be going to Curves 2 days a week now, for sure! Yay! Plus, I am starting to research some home gym equipment for my Christmas present this year. I am trying to get this exercise foolproof!!!!!

B-none
L-salad and several grapes
D-1.5 chicken breasts, small portion beets and a few slices of watermelon

exercise: Curves

So busy today, cannot believe I am still awake! I am looking into that gym equipment, so confusing! I have finished the "keys" to Dr phil's book---boy do I have a lot of information to help me now. I am actually just about done with the book--but I have several things to do to start really applying it all. Mainly, I need to schedule exercise into my life, go grocery shopping, step up my exercise...many, many more things....

Oh my gosh! I lost 5 lbs this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I weighed in at 188 today! I have not seen the 180's in probably 8 years or so!

I am liking this Dr Phil plan----although I have not incorporated all his suggestions yet---I want to start writing down what I will eat the day before and then ONLY eat from that list---that is a great idea!

So, that brings my WISH total to 27lbs!!!!
I feel renewed and empowered!

WOW!! 5 pounds gone - WOOHOO!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Sounds like you're really getting a lot out of Dr. Phil's book! Just be careful to not try to make too many changes at once and get overwhelmed. I know it's hard - I always want to make all these wonderful changes at one time and then I wonder why I get depressed when I'm not successful! :confused:

Keep up the good work on the way to a healthier you!!

B-half a banana
L-2 slices rye bread, one TB lite mayo, and 4 slices low fat chicken lunchmeat
D-Hamurger on a wheat bun, cottage cheese, usweetened applesauce (that tasted incredibly sweet!)

Exercise-none. But I have implemented one of Dr Phil's suggestions. I now park VERY far from my destination--everywhere I go. I am hoping that this gives me an extra hour per week of walking that I don't even get to "count". And trust me, when I go to school, parking far away from my classroom is REALLY far! When I go to Curves, I take the absolute last parking space, at my daughters' school the same thing, shopping etc.....it all will add up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter