Napa Rose chef's counter

mad hatter fan

DIS Veteran
Can anyone tell me the current price for the chef's counter tasting menu price? With and without the wine pairings? I don't drink but DH may want to. I couldn't find the answer by searching. Thanks!

You should call the restaurant directly to double check, because the Chef's Counter menu can fluctuate a little depending on the offerings. We've seen it range on average from $100 to $110 per person (possibly a little higher, but I don't remember -- that might have been a holiday menu). Wine pairings are around $50 per person. Since you will be making the reservations directly with NR anyway, just ask at the time to make sure that you will have the current pricing.

I just booked for a night in June and was told $100/pp. I didn't ask about wine pairings, but I believe they are $45.

I just booked for a night in June and was told $100/pp. I didn't ask about wine pairings, but I believe they are $45.

Yes, we just went in January. Those were the prices -- $100 pp for the meal, $45 pp for wine pairing. Excellent meal.

I ate there on Friday night.
It was $100/pp for the meal
$50/pp for the wine pairing
And $60 for the Pappy Van Winkle my husband had after our meal.

How would I make a reservation? Do you just call disney dining? Do you call the restaurant? Is it 60 days out or 180 like WDW?

I really want to do this!

How would I make a reservation? Do you just call disney dining? Do you call the restaurant? Is it 60 days out or 180 like WDW?

I really want to do this!

You call Disney dining and they will connect you directly with the restaurant for Chefs Table bookings.
I believe you can make reservations sixty days to the month in which your date takes place. So we're going to be there on July 17 but I made my reservation May 1st.
Another note, I don't recommend the dessert area for first timers. It's not as interesting as the other two

You call Disney dining and they will connect you directly with the restaurant for Chefs Table bookings.
I believe you can make reservations sixty days to the month in which your date takes place. So we're going to be there on July 17 but I made my reservation May 1st.
Another note, I don't recommend the dessert area for first timers. It's not as interesting as the other two

I agree. We went a few days ago, and sat in between the dessert area and the entree area. It was a great seat because we could see both, but if we only saw the desserts, it would be less interesting to me (even though I love cooking desserts).

Be sure to ask for seats in the middle, not off to the side. You'll get a lot of interaction with the Executive Chef (Gloria on our last visit and she is a HOOT). Have fun, it is a great experience.

This is good info! DH and I have reservations this week for our 25th anniversary dinner. Any other tips we should be aware of?

You can't always know this in advance, but the dessert seating area can be very interesting when there are a lot of special celebrations going on. For example, if there is going to be a proposal, you'll be in on it right from the start. You'll see the special plating and the ring presentation. You can ask where it is heading and watch the whole show. Sometimes this happens more than once a night.

...Any other tips we should be aware of?

Don't hesitate to be clear about what you like/don't like or any special dietary needs. Some people don't speak up, then come back here to sulk or complain that they didn't enjoy their meal. Hey, the chefs are very talented, but they aren't mind readers. Your communication with them will help make your meal the best it can be!

Last edited:
That would be a lot of fun to watch a proposal while celebrating our anniversary!

DH and I will try just about anything, but thank you for the advice. We will definitely speak up if there is a dish that sounds unpalatable for some reason. Our favorite restaurant here in Sacramento (The Kitchen, if anyone is ever in the area and looking for an outstanding place to eat) is very similar to the Chef's Counter. We are pretty psyched about trying it. Last time we ate at Napa Rose, it was with just a regular ol' reservation.

This is true, and I want to thank you VERY much for your post. I called them and left a message on Monday 7/3 for our anticipated dinner date of 9/19. 7/3 was 60 days to 9/1. They called me back today confirming my reservation!!! Without your post, I would have waited until 60 days out and may have missed my opportunity! :thanks:

This is true, and I want to thank you VERY much for your post. I called them and left a message on Monday 7/3 for our anticipated dinner date of 9/19. 7/3 was 60 days to 9/1. They called me back today confirming my reservation!!! Without your post, I would have waited until 60 days out and may have missed my opportunity! :thanks:
No problem, I'm glad you got it!

Yes!! Thank you zooey for the initial information and linkura for mentioning it. I just called up and made a reservation for Sept. That's just one less thing for me to have to book now :) We are going for our 10th anniversary and really looking forward to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter