NAPS- We want to know your best WDW locations

WebmasterBob

<font color=red>Bawb, Podcast Rock Star<br><font c
Hi Folks, I have tried to help Sandra from san lorenzo, ca help her husband find the best places to grab a nap while you tour Walt Disney World.
Here is the e-mail I read on the show this week.
we'll be in disney world later this month and i need your help. my husband loves a good 10-15 minute power nap during the day - it helps him recharge for the rest of our park exploring. usually he'll grab a bench to lay down on while i sit and watch people go by and give him crazy looks. since bob is the resident nap expert, i'm hoping that he and the group have some suggestions for good places in the parks where my husband can get some rest without us being in full display of everyone?

I have listed a number of spots to grab that much needed power nap during the podcast email show. Do you have others that I didn't mention?

We want to hear your best NAP locations, so lets help others find that magical NAP location that worked best for you.

Jump in and Join BAWB'S Nappers squad and list your locations below. :moped:

Gosh, the TTA would be nice right now. VERY nice when you can stay on a couple times in a row. My DD found that a perfect spot on her 1st trip!
I'm going to have to think on this one...:coffee:

if you're at MK, grab a monorail over to GF and nap in the lobby!! Comfy couches and chairs and piano music.

If you walk down Main Street, I know there is at least one alley on your right, maybe halfway down the street. I sat there once and read a book while the parade went by. It was literally deserted (and quiet)

I passed a family in Epcot last week on a bench in between Mission Space, Test Track and the Energy Pavillion. Dad was sitting there wide awake, toddler sleeping in the stroller and the pregnant mom was laying on the bench napping as well. :thumbsup2

There a great little stage area behind the xmas store at MK. We took the kids there to nap on a day we spent open till close at the MK.

dpuck....I KNOW that spot! We took DS over there to blow off some steam while waiting for dinner at LTT. BUT....there were smokers over there. Does anyone know if it's a designated area or were they just out of place??

Also, our friends use the seating area b/hind the quick service place across from the Xmas Shoppe and stuck behind Hall of Presidents? They park their stroller over in the corner of that, drape a blanket over their kid and let him sleep! Wish mine would do that!

Hall of Presidents (take earplugs).;)
:rotfl2: When I first read this post, I wanted to suggest this but I thought I would catch a lot of grief since this is a big favorite among Disney fans. But, IMHO, the Hall of Presidents and Ellen's Energy are the best places for naps inside the world (kids and adults alike!)

~Stacy

dpuck....I KNOW that spot! We took DS over there to blow off some steam while waiting for dinner at LTT. BUT....there were smokers over there. Does anyone know if it's a designated area or were they just out of place??

Last time at MK I noticed that also, but they also use that area for the Family Magic Tour, so I can't imagine it also being a smoking spot....but who knows. I'll look for signs when I'm there in a couple weeks.

My DH has never seen the Hall of Presidents all the way through! :rolleyes1
It's his favorite napping spot.

I second TTA...I just love the relaxation factor on that ride.

I also agree with Ellen's UoE. Especially the part where it's all dark and you just hear the radio talking.

DH also has napped at DD outside the scrapbook store where there are tables in the shade.

Ahhh, a nap at Disney sounds wonderful right now! :)

The path that runs from Fantasyland to Tommorowland has benches all along it- GREAT place to nap and out of the way from the crowds. :goodvibes

Hey Bob!

Okay, some of my favorite cat nap spots from a week or so ago and other past trips were:
AK:
---The Wildlife Express train...just find a almost empty car and good for a quick 5 minute or so nap...longer if you just stay on.
---Those Sounds of the Rainforest booths at the Conservation Station
---The First Aid station (I had a quick 10 minute rest while dh got patched up from a fall at the Expedition:Everest Fast Pass on our first full day)
---Last year, my FIL had a cat nap during the Lion King show (he turnt down his hearing aids).
---The area near the Everest with the lanterns and backpacks has potential...it has shade.

MGM/Hollywood Studios---
---okay outside the park... The friendship boats are so relaxing...best at non-peak times

---The Little Mermaid Show (okay, it was a 2005 trip)
---The muppet show (seen many times in the past...missed it this year)
---There are benches on the way out of Star Tours (have not nap there yet)
---The Great Movie ride (MIL slept on it last year)
---the movie part of One Man's Dream--- last year--- the in-laws and us fell alseep...love the movie in the past, but 9/2006---cool and dark made it so perfect for a quick snooze

Epcot---

---Spaceship Earth (past years)...yeah its a hard seat, but in warm to hot weather ...
---Universe of Energy
---The Land ride
---Sunshine Seasons, go into an unused section on a off-time (not tested yet)
---The Seas With Nemo: potenetial 5 minute snooze on the ride, the building has potential quiet area near restrooms
---the gardens in England...hard to find some shade
---the gardens in France (not tried)
---the movie in France

This thread is meaningless without photos ;) :rotfl:

I could find photos after dinner.

I do have one with Bob waking up when Corey and us caught up with him after taking a look inside the Sci-Fi resteraunt. However, I might not want to post it since:
a) Bob is a webmaster with Jedi powers. :thumbsup2
b) He has photos of us and may post a bad hair one. :laughing:

this was mentioned on the podcast, but I can't believe noone here seconded it. American adventure in Epcot....I'm not even a person who naps, but I fell asleep in here.

this was mentioned on the podcast, but I can't believe noone here seconded it. American adventure in Epcot....I'm not even a person who naps, but I fell asleep in here.

NC Beast was going to that one too. Last year, his folks and us slept through it. Perfect area for both day and night and a/c.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter