• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Narcoose's or California Grill?

Rory_Chapman

Earning My Ears
Alright, so I know at the end of the day this is kind of a best of both worlds decision. But let me give you my situation and see if any of you could lend me some advice on which of the two we should choose.

We've got reservations for both restaurants right now (for next Monday actually). We've eaten at California Grill before (the best meal I've had at Disney thus far), but never at Narcoose's. We plan on eating, then heading over to the MK for the evening, just my wife and I. We're AP holders, so there's a 20% discount on Narcoose's, but not California Grill. My wife is more of a seafood lover than me, but when it's done well, I can absolutely dig it. However, our reservation for CG is timed right when the restaurant opens, so we'd very likely get that sweet sweet view of the MK.

So for all of you that have eaten at both, which would you choose if you had to decide right now?

We actually ate at both of these places on our trip last week.

I would recommend Narcooses over California Grill. Both were delicious, but the ambience at Narcooses was better. The restaurant was much quieter and the way the tables are positioned everyone at the table has a view (at Californai Grill, we were near the window, but I had my back to it and only DH had a view). I would say the entrees at both were very similar in quality, but that almond crusted cheesecake at Narcooses was the best thing I put in my mouth all week!!!

I would pick Narcoossees. I have done both. My first visit to Cali Grill was great but the last two were disappointing (except the brunch-it was amazing). Narcoossees has always been good.

Personally, I would pick Narcoossee's over California Grill. I like the seafood and ambiance better. I am not a fan of the new interior of the California Grill.

I would pick Narcoosees. We are at CG last trip and had a window seat, food was great, service was great....but narcoosees was so good we went twice!

I didn't particularly care for Narcoosee's the one time I ate there (granted, it was only one time)! I haven't eaten at CG in years, but I have heard nothing but great things and you can't beat the ambiance.

We've eaten at both and enjoyed both. I prefer the menu at California Grill and like the view of fireworks better there. I think it comes down to which menu you like better. I suspect you will be happy with either choice.

Love both. But I'd pick Narcoossee's. Cali Grill is great for the view of fireworks. But, the food is soooo delicious at Narcoossee's.

We love Narcoossee's. I keep wanting to try CG, but it is just so hard to pass up our favorite, especially since the menu at CG seems less appealing to us overall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter