National and those of us with Emeral Isle reservations before March 15...

Ned Land

Mouseketeer
Do we get to keep our reservation for a full size or are we stuck with an intermediate.

This is the email response I got when I inquired about the same thing:

"National Car Rental is launching a new service called Emerald Reserve which lets an Emerald Club member bypass the counter for all car classes except mid-size. Do not stop at the counter and proceed directly to Choice lot. Choose a car from the row of car class reserved and proceed to the exit booth. Present the booth agent with hangtag, credit card used for reservation and driver's license. The booth agent will swipe your credit card, check your driver's license and you are on your way!"

I'm hoping we will get some reports from people going soon before I go in June.

Going down next month...but flying into TPA.... I plan on going straight to the EA, checking out what's there, and possibly going over to the full-size aisle to get a car. I don't really need full size..so I might just go with what I like on EA. I'll report when I return.

You will get whatever is stated on your reservation. If it says full size, then you are guaranteed a full size car. If you booked an intermediate and hoped to get a full size on the Aisle, well, then an intermediate is what you will get.

perdidobay,
They have changed Emerald Aisle. If you have only booked an intermediate, then that is all you will get. EA has gone to intermediates only. And, just an FYI, EA is no longer onsite at Tampa, it is a shuttle ride to where Alamo and National share.

I fully intend to head to the EA first and see what's there and then if it's only Intermediates, which probably will be the case, I'll head over to the Full size aisle.

My reservation says Emerald Aisle.

I called EC and she told me this: it would be pointless to head to the Emerald Aisle as they will be mostly Intermediates now. It would be a downgrade for me, she said. I asked her "so there will never be any other cars on the aisle except Intermediates?" and she said no that's not necessarily true. When the Full size or other sizes have an overflow, they get put on the Emerald Aisle. Also, I asked what category is the PT cruiser and she said it doesn't have a category and if they get any they go on the Emerald Aisle.

So, I will still be checking out the EA and if there isn't one I like, then I'll head over to the Full size aisle.

I could see a PT Cruiser being put into EA. I would consider it an intermediate vehicle. We were there in Aug/02 and saw them available, but it was much too small for our family of 4 with our luggage.
Barbara

beattyfamily,

So you were told to go to Full size lot and not Emerald Reserve Isle or is there now no difference?

My reservation says "full size" Emerald Isle. I am not sure where I need go to get a full size.

Regardless of this new change, you head to the Full size aisle. It will be labled "Full Size".

What's at issue now is whether us with a Full size reservation AND a "Emerald Aisle" reservation (prior to March 15) should or could go to the Emerald Aisle to see what is there.

My reservation states "Your level of service is Emerald Aisle. Please proceed directly to the Emerald Aisle to choose your vehicle"

So I will check out the Emerald Aisle first and then head to the Full size aisle (which is located right next to the Emerald Aisle anyway...

But like I said before, they told me Emerald Aisle will be mostly Intermediates now with sometimes a few Full size or Pt Cruisers...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter