National Rates - What'ya got for August?

curlyjbs

My heart belongs to the beach
National is killing me!!!! Reserved an intermediate (EA)for just under $300:scared1: I've never paid more than $150 for a week. I hope this drops as it gets closer. Never booked in the summer before - maybe that's why it's so high?

So tell me....what are you paying in August????

~Connie

I've got a mid-size SUV for 10 days (Aug. 15-24) for $314. Using vacation outlet code and a free one day coupon -- EA. That is still high. I'm guessing it will drop, but if a hurricane comes in the prices will go sky high so it's always best to lock in a price. My rental is with National. My daughter has a mid-size SUV with Alamo for $286 or a minivan with Dollar for $389 (same dates).

Hmmmmm didn't even factor in Hurricanes and availablity. yikes!

~Connie

Right now we have $317 for 11 days Aug 20 - 30 (early pick up and late drop off so we get banged for an extra day)... using Free day coupon. I don't remember what discount code we used though.

Aug. 30- Sept. 4 early pick, late drop off so it's 6 days a compact a chevy cobalt or similar size (we don't spend much time in it and it forces me to not over pack, too much. $196 I used a code from mousesavers and waiting I'm for a coupon code from mousesavers when the date gets closer. L & M had a fare of $181.76, but I should do better with a coupon code for national. If you have'nt already try the codes on Mousesavers and see if the fare comes down, national can take up to 3 discount codes at one time if you have them. Linda

National was over 300 for us (Aug 3-11, 9 dyas). Right now I have a compact booked at dollar for 223, but hoping to be able to switch to national.

Ok so it's not just me. I'll post the first second I see a drop - I check a few times a day. It's one of the perks of working for the government LOL. :lmao: Plenty of time on my hands. Just kidding!

~Connie

We're only going for 4 days in August and the prices are so high, I am seriously thinking of not renting a car for the first time!!

The lowest National rate I found yesterday was $282 for 8 days, August 4-12 for a standard SUV. I am currently booked with Alamo for $263 and will be keeping my eyes open. Last year the same 8 day rental cost me $135. I don't expect to get it for that price again but I do expect it to get closer to $200 based on history of rental fares decreasing around May/June/July before jumping in price again for our annual trips in July or August.

Nothing today!! Still hovering at $295 for an Interm. (EA) :scared1:
DH wants to try for a MiniVan! - I think he's trying to kill me!! We are talking $400+ :faint:
~Connie

National 4 days-mid August (DCA) $85.
Narional late August-Sept. (MCO) 6 days @$186.

National 4 days-mid August (DCA) $85.
Narional late August-Sept. (MCO) 6 days @$186.

I need a rental at MCO from 8/24 to 9/2 or a combination of one day rentals within those dates, whichever ends up cheaper (taking 4 day cruise followed by time at WDW). How did you get the $186 quote for your dates? Thanks.

I need a rental at MCO from 8/24 to 9/2 or a combination of one day rentals within those dates, whichever ends up cheaper (taking 4 day cruise followed by time at WDW). How did you get the $186 quote for your dates? Thanks.

I think that rate is so high......but I got it with a free day (Ent. coupon) and the National contract # 5007125.

curlyjbs: the free day coupon code you used(NF49), is that from the Entertainment book that mousesavers mentions? It will be worth it for me to purchase the book, esp since they are 50% off now. But just want to certain before I buy. Thanks

I've got two rentals reserved. 8/24 - 9/1

Hertz: Mid size SUV $273.00 using the AAA Discount

Thrifty: Full Size Dodge Charger or similar $273.00

I've always used thrifty in the past but last year had a problem with the Shuttle bus and had to wait about an hour or so before getting picked up. So this year I've made an alternate reservation in case thifty acts up again.

I hate doing this, but its thrifty's own fault.

We will pick the first shuttle bus we see, since the rates are about the same..

Thrifty: Economy car for $160 for 7 days (Aug. 11-18) using the Orlando Magicard code. The code # is 004M001010.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter