• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

National rates

fwm

Mouseketeer
I just spoke with a rental agent at National and asked why the rates have increased so much from last year. Her response was that they bought new cars and therefore had to charge higher rates. Has anyone else heard this, or another reason for the hihger rates? EA is less desirable when the rates are so high.

If your trip is towards the end of the year, odds are the rates will go down. We go in December and each of the past 4 years the rates dropped in the late summer/early fall. I compared current prices with Dollar and they are even higher, $174 plus tax (fvg code). L & M is $298 incl tax! Right now my reservation for December with National is $173 incl tax (EA, DC discounts), last year I paid $115 (reserved in October). Another possible reason for the higher rates - National's parent company is in bankrupcy.

fwm,
Not sure I would "buy" that reason since they buy new cars every year.
The rates are much higher this year and I can only guess it is because tourism is on the mend.
I used Priceline for the car. I was very happy with the results and agency is right at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter