National special on Full and Minivans 8/18 thru 9/30...

beattyfamily

DIS Cast Member
I just found out that National is running a special on Full size and minivans only from 8/18 thru 9/30.

The prices are $199 for Full and $229 for minivan, of course before taxes.

I plugged in September 18 - 28 for a minivan to see what it would come to with my Disney Club contract number and an Entertainment book coupon.

It came to a total of $250.83 Emerald Choice.

I did the same with Full size and it came to $185.68 total including taxes and fees (Emerald Asile).

Hope this info helps someone!!!

I have res for Oct. 19-25 at Dollar for $263 (includes taxes) for mini-van. I have heard that National gives good rates with DC membership. Can you plug in my date and see what discount I would get -- I'm considering membership if I can justify cost savings!

Thanks!

National rates have been very high this year even with the Disney Club discounts.

But there is a special going for rentals from August 18 thru September 30 only and it's for a whole week rental.

Your dates are for six days and fall after this special is over. I plugged it in and it was VERY high! It was $370 even with my DC discount and no coupon applied because it was less than a week.

Sorry.

Thanks for trying! We're staying offsite at HIFS with free breakfast/dinner, so I can't see joining DC if I'm not using it for the various discounts. I wondered about the National rates -- now I know!

Thanks again!

We were thinking about renting a van to drive from SA to Orlando and we leave 9-27...still came up $299/wk. Then I attempted to rent leaving a week earlier so the date would end on 9-30...still came up $299. It reflected a product code of NHOL, but no discount. BTW, the special is reflected on National's website on their opening page up in the right hand corner.

So, SA may be blacked out from the special. The tax rate and various fee's (meaning, Spurs new arena) add another $100 to the rate. Yikes!

I just tried booking from8/25 thru 9/05. Full size price - all inclusive was $342.23. This was just a couple of dallars cheaper than my rate of $345.05 booked on 7/23. I used the old disney club contract # and the disney coupon. The Emerald Club site would not accept the free weekend day coupon from the entertainment book, quoted invalid dates. It did accept the disney club coupon. I also tried using the new disney club contract which it didn't accept at all. Back in July I e-mailed Disney concerning the non-acceptance of the new code by National. I was told they would pass it on & get back to me. I never heard back. Oh well, it looks like you lucked into a limited time special. Thanks for the help.
Oats

I have a national quote for 8/23-Sept 2.

want to retry and see if it's cheaper but not sure where I wrote down the DC old code!!!

would someone mind emailing it to me? I have the entertainment coupon and am going to try all ways!

thanks

sheree@optonline.net

FYI...

This special only seems to work for one full week, not a week and a half or less than a week and it states at their website that there are blackout dates etc...see below:

Terms and Conditions
Taxes (including VLF taxes up to US$2.06 per day in California), other governmentally-authorized or imposed surcharges, license recoupment fees, airport and airport facility fees, fuel, additional driver fee, one-way rental charge and optional items (such as LDW up to US$20.99 per day) are extra. Concession recoupment fees up to 12% may be added to the rental rate at some airport locations. Up to 10% may be added to the rental rate if you rent at an off-airport location and exit on our shuttle bus. Renter must meet standard age, driver and credit requirements. Rates may be higher for drivers under age 25. Weekly rate requires a 5-day minimum rental with a Saturday overnight keep or daily rates apply. Daily rate requires a Saturday overnight keep. 21-day maximum allowable keep for both weekly and daily rates. 1-day advance reservations required. May not be combined with other discounts. Availability is limited. Subject to change without notice. Offer valid in participating locations from 8/18/02 through 9/30/02. Minivan not available in Hawaii. Blackout dates vary by location.

Regardless, I'm still getting a grand total of $185 for a week in September for a Full size using a coupon AND the Disney Club contract number. So there is still hope for some of you...good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter