Natural Deodorant and my Armpits are on fire!

Hisgirl

DIS Veteran
I switched to natural type deodorants back last summer used one brand that advertises heavily. It worked great until it didn't.

Then, I switched to another natural brand and it's been working, no smell mostly, but....last week after using it for a couple of months, my arm pits are on fire!

I did some research and I've seen other folks experience something similar after a few months of use.

Do you have a brand you recommend?

I use a mineral stone that I can’t find in the USA. We get it in Canada and keep some in the USA. We can fly with it as it’s a solid. It’s called Mineral Crystal. I’m sure the US must have similar. Just haven’t found it.

I tried a lot of natural deodorants before finding the one that works best for me. Oars + Alps is all I use now but you may need to keep experimenting.

I use a mineral stone that I can’t find in the USA. We get it in Canada and keep some in the USA. We can fly with it as it’s a solid. It’s called Mineral Crystal. I’m sure the US must have similar. Just haven’t found it.
Amazon has deodorant called crystal mineral. Is this the kind you mean?

When I first switched to a natural deodorant I discovered I can’t use any that have baking soda in them. Apparently it’s pretty common. Currently I’m using Native brand as they have some without baking soda in them.

The only natural brand that doesn’t cause me to have major skin issues is Hume (not Lume). It does take a couple of days to work, so plan accordingly. It works so well that even my teens (boy & girl) both use it

I switched to one of the unscented ones and that made all the difference for me.

Occasionally they have gotten mixed up and I have used the wrong one and like you said your armpits are on fire within minutes - its crazy. This is also pretty common.

I've used the solid Crystal mineral deodorant for years. If I happen to scrape or cut myself shaving, it burns (like salt in a wound) until it dries, otherwise, no trouble.

I have tried a ton, too, and the only one I have found that doesn't affect me OR make me stink in a few hours is Little Seed Farm. They are a small batch goat farm and I cannot recommend them enough. I get my deodorants, skin care, lotions, etc. from them. The nice thing is, you can go to their website and order 2 free samples of their deodorant so you can try before you buy.

https://littleseedfarm.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter