NCL to return to E Muster Drills April 1

One of the things I read was that if a room had four people in it one person would gather all the Key to The World cards and go to the muster station to check in. That meant that potentially three people did not know where the muster station was. Potentially, during an emergency if every one from the room was not together some people did no know where to go.
It may have been apparent to Disney, guest either not knowing what to do or intentionally, possibly not doing what Disney wanted them to due may caused Disney to go back to the old muster drill. This is all of course just speculation as that Disney has never as far as I know put out an official statement.
If RCCL can do it with proper guest participation, so could DCL if that were their choice.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/...-no-intention-of-moving-back-old-muster-drill

If RCCL can do it with proper guest participation, so could DCL if that were their choice.

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/...-no-intention-of-moving-back-old-muster-drill
I do not think Disney cares what other cruise lines are doing and you are right Disney decided to do what they want, not what others are doing.

In the end what a bunch of people on a Disney forum talk about what we think they should do means nothing. It is the old saying it's my ball my rules. If we want to sail with them we have to do what they want if we like it or not.

I also have said this might not be a big deal to 99% of the people who have or will sail with Disney. I have not heard of any big e mail campaign to let them know how people feel about this topic so they might not be aware of it.

One of the things I read was that if a room had four people in it one person would gather all the Key to The World cards and go to the muster station to check in. That meant that potentially three people did not know where the muster station was.
That is correct. As a fact this policy was actively being enforced by Disney. I mentioned it before, once I was checking alone and had trouble with the app, so I manually checked-in with the crew member at the station, and specifically said not to worry my wife will come later. They immediately suggested she does not bother and there, she was manually checked in.

Not a bad idea on paper. Unfortunately, the e-muster drill has apparently been abused as a far greater rate than the traditional drill.
My issue is.......I am on vacation, and I want to lock my devices up for a week and not use them for ANYTHING.
My favorite thing about cruising used to be shutting off my stupid shiny box and shoving it under the bed for a week!

I was one of the folks who was most vocal on this post a few months ago... felt strongly that Disney needs to adapt to what has now become an industry standard of doing e-Muster. We're Gold, but have (and will continue) to sail other cruise lines like Celebrity and RCL.

We cruised on the Fantasy at the end of April. Our muster station was outdoors. The in-person muster drill coincided with a thunderstorm in Port Canaveral (not exactly unusual in the afternoon for this part of the world). We, literally, could see lightning strikes and any comments by CM were drowned out by the loud thunder. Nothing like having a few hundred passengers outside adjacent to METAL during a thunderstorm. It was total chaos and absolutely RIDICULOUS. Nobody could hear anything. Crew seemed more focused on checking names off a list than anything else and the whole situation simply reaffirmed my strong opinion that Disney needs to change their ways at it relates to muster immediately.
I indicated on my post cruise survey about the muster experience and further stated I wouldn't cruise on another Disney ship until they change how they handle muster. I'm sure my comments won't make any difference to the mouse, and, further, I'm confident i'm in the very small minority of folks who will not sail with them until/if they rectify this, but... it's my vacation dollars and i'll choose how to spend them accordingly.

I was one of the folks who was most vocal on this post a few months ago... felt strongly that Disney needs to adapt to what has now become an industry standard of doing e-Muster. We're Gold, but have (and will continue) to sail other cruise lines like Celebrity and RCL.

We cruised on the Fantasy at the end of April. Our muster station was outdoors. The in-person muster drill coincided with a thunderstorm in Port Canaveral (not exactly unusual in the afternoon for this part of the world). We, literally, could see lightning strikes and any comments by CM were drowned out by the loud thunder. Nothing like having a few hundred passengers outside adjacent to METAL during a thunderstorm. It was total chaos and absolutely RIDICULOUS. Nobody could hear anything. Crew seemed more focused on checking names off a list than anything else and the whole situation simply reaffirmed my strong opinion that Disney needs to change their ways at it relates to muster immediately.
I indicated on my post cruise survey about the muster experience and further stated I wouldn't cruise on another Disney ship until they change how they handle muster. I'm sure my comments won't make any difference to the mouse, and, further, I'm confident i'm in the very small minority of folks who will not sail with them until/if they rectify this, but... it's my vacation dollars and i'll choose how to spend them accordingly.
Yeesh, I had never thought of that scenario (not sure why, as thunderstorms aren't uncommon at PC). Now that would be annoying and stressful (and miserable, had it started storming).

I'm sure it's happened where there's been a thunderstorm (like, actively raining hard) during muster. Now I'm curious if anyone's experienced that and how DCL handled it. I'd be pissed if I had to stand out there in the humidity getting soaked.

Yeesh, I had never thought of that scenario (not sure why, as thunderstorms aren't uncommon at PC). Now that would be annoying and stressful (and miserable, had it started storming).

I'm sure it's happened where there's been a thunderstorm (like, actively raining hard) during muster. Now I'm curious if anyone's experienced that and how DCL handled it. I'd be pissed if I had to stand out there in the humidity getting soaked.
Don't need it to be raining to be uncomfortable. Many a time simply standing outside on a HOT & HUMID FL Summer Day is enough to melt the pounds aways and keel over.

Don't need it to be raining to be uncomfortable. Many a time simply standing outside on a HOT & HUMID FL Summer Day is enough to melt the pounds aways and keel over.
Oh, I know. My point was just that DCL doesn't seem to have an issue with making people stand outside, shoulder to shoulder, on a 'normal' hot and humid day. My musing was more around how DCL handles muster when there's active thunderstorm. Asked another way, does DCL care if people are standing on deck getting soaking wet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter