Need a Romantic series to watch (not romantic comedy)....any suggestions?

cmlnkb

Mouseketeer
I am obsessed with Outlander and so stoked it is bringing back a new season next week! Is there any other series just as good out there? I also watched Poldark which was good but not quite as good as Outlander. I am a sucker for romance but not a fan of romantic comedy. I have also already seen Bridgerton and Downton Abbey which were awesome too! Any others you recommend and please tell me where to watch. Thanks :)

Durn! Outlander leapt to mind immediately. Tremendous series, books even better.

The Good Place on Netflix is sort of romantic. Have you seen that?

North and South with Richard Armitage and the 1995 Pride and Prejudice if you haven’t already seen them are both great 😊

I am obsessed with Outlander and so stoked it is bringing back a new season next week! Is there any other series just as good out there? I also watched Poldark which was good but not quite as good as Outlander. I am a sucker for romance but not a fan of romantic comedy. I have also already seen Bridgerton and Downton Abbey which were awesome too! Any others you recommend and please tell me where to watch. Thanks :)
AMC’s Turn is good. It has romance and action. It’s 4 seasons long. BBC’s Merlin, Musketeers, and Robin Hood are also good as well. The CW had a series called Reign which might interest you or maybe the Vampire Diaries/Originals might as well. The third series in the Vampire Diaries (Legacies), may want to be avoided until you watch the first two series in the franchise. Movie wise, I would suggest POTC or Harry Potter if you have not watched them yet.

Last edited:
I started watching The Village on Amazon Prime and I love it! It's a British series about World War I time period. I am sad there are only two seasons. I'm trying not to binge watch it.

Thanks for the suggestions.....I will check them out. Outlander is hard to compete I just love it so much! Jamie makes it easy to love ha ha

There are a bunch on Hallmark.

https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/shows

Try the Good Witch and When Calls the Heart.

My favorite Hallmark series is Signed, Sealed, Delivered.
YES, it is very romantic for TWO couples we root for. 😍

https://www.hallmarkmoviesandmysteries.com/signed-sealed-delivered/the-movies

There is even a FB group for this series:

POstables Hallmark's Signed Sealed Delivered Fan Group

The Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channels often has a marathon weekend showing all the movies.

OR one can watch them all by subscribing to the Hallmark Movies Now app. They have a 7-Day FREE trial. Plenty of time to binge watch the movies.

https://www.hmnow.com/details/VIDEO/item/MVMZ3431

Or stream them on the FrndlyTV.com app.

If you like period pieces, Philippa Gregory's The White Queen is very interesting and well produced and it does chronicle the epic love story between King Edward IV and Elizabeth, his Queen. princess:

There's also The White Princess as a follow-up; then The Spanish Princess. All are on Amazon, but you have to have a Starz subscription, I think. There's also Victoria (about V&A) from PBS, on Amz as well.

There's also The White Princess as a follow-up; then The Spanish Princess. All are on Amazon, but you have to have a Starz subscription, I think. There's also Victoria (about V&A) from PBS, on Amz as well.
Thanks....I am actually watching Victoria right now just started season 3!

Another recommendation for Hallmark is this new trilogy that aired. Three female best friends since college are out antiquing. They come upon an antique lace wedding veil that has a legend. Whomever is in possession of the veil will meet, fall in love with their one true love, and wear the veil at their wedding. The trilogy follows the three women as each has possession of the veil..

These are some of Hallmark's better movies as the trilogy was inspired by a book, rather than Hallmark writers coming up with the idea. It really makes a difference. The three female stars each executive produced their movies. And one was an executive producer on all three. This kept the quality high as they were able to tweak, change or nix weaker elements. And the same director did all three movies, so the trilogy stayed cohesive as the story shifted to the different women.

The Wedding Veil trilogy re-airs in order, (tomorrow) Tues, Weds, and Thurs at 8pm ET each night, on the Hallmark Channel.

The second and third movies are the better ones, in my opinion. (The first movie is a little clunky as it sets up the veil legend. Also the lead actor (from Canada) had a hard time doing a Boston accent, so they probably told him to stop doing it.) Yet, they probably filmed out of order, so his accent would come and go at times. Which was distracting. :headache: But the female lead wears wonderfully romantic dresses. 😍 And the movie does set up the trilogy. Bear with it. The second movie moves to Italy with gorgeous views of Italy, real Italians, with real accents. ;) More romantic dresses. And the quest about the history of the veil continues.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter