Need advice on 2002 Thanksgiving plans

timC

DVC Member at BWV
OK... Us DVC'ers know it's never too early to plan a trip to the world, right? So here it goes.

I want to do Thanksgiving at WL in 2002, but I'll not have any points available until, June 2002. (We always seen to be borrowing next years points...and have already spend my 2002 points on our upcoming trip to DL...Grand Californian Hotel!!)

If I hold off making my reservation until June'02, will I be too late to get a 1BR @ WL for the '02 Thanksgiving week?

I'm considering renting points. I've never tried this before...I'm not keen on this idea.

OR.. since we never seem to have enough points to get us through the year, I'm thinking about adding on. Not sure I can spend the money though.

What should I do?

It doesn't matter if you don't have the points available when you make the reservation. If in November 2002 the points are available (even if borrowing from the following year), you can make the reservation at 11 month window (if you own at VWL) or 7 month window if you own elsewhere.
Someone correct me if this is not right!

tim, I would consider adding on more points. If you own at WL, bear in mind they are offering a really good deal now with the lower interest and the MB offer. My logic is why rent points when that money could be applied to new points! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter