need advice - ventilator/batteries

wheelermom

Earning My Ears
I need advice for an upcoming trip. I'm a para manual chair user who's been to WDW several times. On this trip I am going with friends who have a son with MD using electric chair and ventilator. They have not been to Disney since he was much younger (manual chair, no vent, easy to lift), but are pretty seasoned travellers and do get out quite a bit.

My question is about his equipment. They will need to bring extra batteries to the park. Do you usually rent a locker for these? Also, I'm guessing they will have to keep his not-so-small suction machine with them as it is needed on a somewhat regular basis.

Any tips on travelling with the electric chair/vent or things we may not have thought of yet??

Thanks for the advice!

first off make sure the are gell cell batteries for the airlines and they also last longer. second they can keep them and the charger at the first aid stations in each of theparks.
and third tell them to have fun
from your local RT

Thanks, Pugdog!

Not flying so that won't be a problem. Thanks for the info on the first aid. That's super!

I use a portable vent and am not sure why they'll need extra batteries. Mine runs for 18-24 hours and then is charged overnight. I'd be a nervous wreck if I was worried about the batteries running out and would no longer be independent since I couldn't change them myself. My chair also charges overnight with the vent plugged into a/c. If they have any questions, I'm at WDW all the time and would be glad to help. ---Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter