Need advice with ADR planning...

Ok, I have spent enough time reading everyone else's situations. I hate to be annoying, but I figure one or two people will be kind enough to give some sage advice.

DH and I are going in July with my mom, who hasn't been since the 70's, and my 17 yo brother, who has never been. We will be driving up from Ft. Lauderdale, about a 2.5 hour drive. We'll have DDP for 3 nights. EMHs for our stay are:

Day 1: MK morning/Epcot evening
Day 2: AK morning/MGM evening
Day 3: MK morning/Epcot evening
Day 4: MGM morning/MK evening

Mom wants to go to Coral Reef, so I have an ADR for first night. I also made ADRs for MM FDP on 2nd, and Liberty Tree on 3rd. I may change the MM FDP to just plain MM (we've never had a problem getting Fant. seats) because I'm concerned about the limited menu. I really want to take them to Liberty Tree, even if we end up paying OOP on the last day before heading home. I also really like Le Cellier, and that is a possibility on the 3rd night. DH wants to stop by Epcot for Alfredo's instead of MM on the night we see Fantasmic, but we could also do GF Cafe for a late lunch on that day. Help!

I feel really dumb being so concerned about this, but last time DH and I felt like our days were dictated by the availability of the restaurants (we didn't make any ADRs until day of).

We love Alfredo's...but I am sure you will here mixed reviews regarding the food. But, we always go there!

I think if you are planning on eating at MM anyway...you might as well do the FDP. But...if you wanted to do Alfredo's that night instead of MM, you could always take the boat from Epcot to MGM after dinner. We have been to Fantasmic several times w/out doing the package, and have never had a problem getting a seat. We find that going right before it starts - you may be able to sneak in and get a seat in the "package" area if it is not full and they remove the ropes!

Also...we found the evening EMH in the summer to be awful. WAY too crowded!! We have waited in long lines several times, and actually left early during a MK EMH night b/c of the crowds. I think you will find the morning EMH to be much more worthwhile!!!

Have a blast!!! :sunny:

kellyf2626 said:
you could always take the boat from Epcot to MGM after dinner. :sunny:

I had no idea there was a boat from Ep to MGM! I think that sounds like a good plan--I'll ask DB to pick either Alfredo's or Le Cellier. So how does this schedule sound?

Day 1: MK, Epcot, dinner at CR
Day 2: AK, early dinner at Alf. or LC in Epcot, MGM
Day 3: Mom wants down time in the resort, we can go wherever DB wants, then all meet up at MK for dinner at LTT
Day 4: AK (my favorite!), then maybe down time or something until we are ready to head back

Yes - you will have to take the boat from Epcot by the International Gateway. Take the boat to one of the resorts (whichever is the first stop - BC/YC or BW). Then I believe you will have to actually get off the Epcot boat, and get on the MGM one. But, this way you can have a good meal, and still see Fantasmic!! :thumbsup2

Just a few thoughts:

1) the boat between Epcot and MGM takes a while. Even if you catch it right away, it stops twice I believe on the way. So I'd plan at least 30 minutes from one park to another. It definitely saves on the walking, but it is not a short trip. Just wanted to mention so that you don't cut it too close on your timing. (I see another poster says you have to change boats, but we took the same one the whole way)

2) We had MM for FDP. I don't remember the menu being too limited. I feel like we had a choice of several flatbreads, a variety of entrees and desserts. I believe appys are limited to the flatbreads. But it wasn't too restrictive (although obviously I don't know anythign about your mom's eating habits. But I don't remember it being a small menu. Of course if you go to Epcot this isn't an issue.

Sounds like you have a good plan! JJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter