Need Airtrain Airlines help ASAP!!!!!

dvcfamily41801

Future Walt Disney World Cast Member
Help!!! DH and I are trying to plan a quick trip "home" in February. We have a OKW studio reserved and now are working on the air reservations. We usually fly US Airways out of Philadelphia and there is nothing available. I have found decent fares on Airtran but have never flown.

Can anyone please give any feedback ASAP as we want to try to book it in the next day or so and it all depends on the airfare!!

Thank you so much!!

I haven't flown them myself but my best friend had used them a few time. They said the planrs were new and they'd fly them again. I'm looking to use them for my son's flight in April but their rates haven't come down yet for that time.(I hope they will because $269 each way is ridiculous) They also supposedly have a great air flow system so that you're not breathing everyone's recycled germs.

I was just talking about Air Tran with a guy I work with. He has flown with them a number of times, and says he's been pleased every time. :D

I have flown them a few times and have no complaints, flights were always on time, and the only time there was a delay it was not their fault it was a couple years ago the the hurricane that closed disney happened, I was delayed in Orlando and missed my connection in Atlanta but was put up for the night with no problems at the Doubletree and also received a voucher for a free flight and when I used that they upgraded me to first clsss.

i too have not personally flown with them before, but best friends brother uses them ea week to fly at work. he has so many miles, all eight of us have FREE rt flights in mar. mark has never complained about them.

Just flew them last month. They were great. I was very pleased with new plane & on time flights. (Actually early flights). You can't book seats till you get to the airport, but they got us together. Also if you fly them 3 times rt in 1 yr & pay with Am Ex you get a free ticket. Can't beat a deal like that. (More trips to WDW) Also they have a sale now with great prices. Check out there web site www.airtran.com. They have also just started a new Visa card with flight rewards for $ spent. My son flew Delta same day also thru Atlanta (free ticket) & was delayed 2-3 hrs in Atlanta & was 4 hrs late getting into Orlando. So that can happen on any airline.

We've flown AirTran many times, both through Atlanta and direct from Newport News to Orlando. They've been adding a lot of the new 717s to their fleet. They might still have a few DC-9s or older 737s, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'll probably be flying AirTran for a business conference in January, so I'll remember to ask about that.

DW and I flew to WDW on USAirways in September and she said she thought the AirTran planes were more comfortable than some of the USAirways planes.

We just flew Airtran from Philly this week, left 12/4 and returned 12/9. New plane, great FA's, on time or early all flights, and a free upgrade to business class! I will definitely fly them again.

I flew Air Tran from PHL to Houston a few weeks ago and had no problems. The planes are new Boeing 717s. They are smaller then USAir's 737s. They only have 5 seats in a row instead of the usual 6. Also the seats are a little narrower, but not too bad for a 2 hour flight. The leg room was not bad. At PHL they fly out of the new commuter terminal (Terminal F?) which is nice and has some good food places, stores and bars if you arrive early.

If they are the cheapest flight I would have no problem flying on them again.

We've flown them twice last year and we're going again January '03 from Akron. We've had no problems with them. The flights always have been on time and they're price usually can't be beat. :D

Hello fellow Buckeye!

I've flown AirTran before and have never had any problems...we will also be flying out of Akron-Canton in February this year (dh and kids first time on a plane!).
I'd fly AirTran anytime, especially to WDW!!!

Just used AirTran on 12/3 to orlando from Phil. Wonderful. On time (actually early!), clean and new planes. Would use them again in a minute. In fact we are planning to use them again in May for a return visit to WDW.

We also normally use USAir out of Philly but got such a good rate that we tried AirTran. I must say that it is definitely as good as if not better than USAir and I am not kidding. I would not hesitate again to use them. You can also upgrade to first class for like $25 if it's available!!!

Thanks for all the replies. We had to axe the Feb trip, it was just going to cost a little to much $904 for the 3 of us for 4 days....as much as we wanted to, could not justify it :(

We are going in October and I am definatley going to give Air Tran serious thought from everyone's positive feedback.

Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter