• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Held w/DDE -- please!!!

calypso*a*go-go

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
We have scheduled a last minute trip and will be arriving on 10/25 (Tues.) for six nights. We each have a park-hopper w/3 unused days that I wanted to use towards the cost of AP's w/DVC discount. Is it possible to go to Guest Services immediately upon arrival and get the AP, then call the phone number for DDE to order the card, and be able to receive some type of verification that will allow me to use the membership discount during this trip? We will be going again in April, so I know we can really use the AP and DDE to our advantage. Thanks !!!

I know they will send a letter to guest services at Epcot. I think it would get to guest services that evening after you buy.

If you take care of it first thing in the morning, the letter shows up at Epcot guest services by 5:30 pm. Remember that the DDE card office is only open weekdays though. We did something similar to your plan in that we bought our APs on arrival on a Sunday, called DDE on Tues morning(Mon was Memorial day), I sent the rest of the family ahead to the Poly, I went by way of Epcot and we still had plenty of time to make that night's ADR at Ohana's with our brand new DDE letter. Ohana's, Boma's, and CP with 4 people and the card was not only paid for but had started savings with 2.5 days to go that trip. Definitely worth the $50.

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is a "DDE"?
And WHERE did you get that Thomas Kinkade? Is it a real painting?

Thank you for the replies. It sounds like this is definitely "do-able" if I follow the correct steps. :)

DDE is Disney Dining Experience. It is a yearly membership that can be purchased by Florida Residents ($75) and Annual Pass holders ($50) that allows a 20% discount at most restaurants @ WDW. It is good for up to 10 people in the party and the discount applies to alcoholic beverages as well. For my family it makes more sense to use this than the dining plan as we would have to pay for two kids @ adult prices and we would never eat the amount of food it allows.

Yes, the Kinkade is a real painting. It was released a few weeks ago at the Disney Gallery in Disneyland and is selling as fast as they can get it. The Kinkade Galleries will have a less exclusive version of them too...but not for a while.

calypso*a*go-go said:
Thank you for the replies. It sounds like this is definitely "do-able" if I follow the correct steps. :)

DDE is Disney Dining Experience. It is a yearly membership that can be purchased by Florida Residents ($75) and Annual Pass holders ($50) that allows a 20% discount at most restaurants @ WDW. It is good for up to 10 people in the party and the discount applies to alcoholic beverages as well. For my family it makes more sense to use this than the dining plan as we would have to pay for two kids @ adult prices and we would never eat the amount of food it allows.

Yes, the Kinkade is a real painting. It was released a few weeks ago at the Disney Gallery in Disneyland and is selling as fast as they can get it. The Kinkade Galleries will have a less exclusive version of them too...but not for a while.

I am going to DL in just a few weeks... do you know about how much the prints cost?

I received our AP's vouchers in the mail today. Can I order the DDE card without the permanent AP's ? If so, how do I order the card ?

Thanks !! :wave2:

SueBill said:
I received our AP's vouchers in the mail today. Can I order the DDE card without the permanent AP's ? If so, how do I order the card ?

Thanks !! :wave2:

Yes, you can order it with the vouchers. Just call the DDE number (407) 566-5858.

Remember that the DDE goes active as soon as purchased unlike the APs which don't start ticking until activated at a park/guest services. So if you aren't going soon, I would hold off on ordering the DDE. We got ours May of 05 and it expires 7/31/06 so we did get a little more than 1 year out of it(and 7 trips- I love DVC).

With the DDE saved over $600 with family of 10 in May. :banana: :Pinkbounc :banana:

vascubaguy: The price varies depending on size, framing, etc. Click here for a link to the Disney Gallery for pricing info. I hope you are able to get one while you are there as the demand has been quite high. Some days they have them, some days they don't. In most cases, people have only been able to buy what's available...not necessarily what their first choice would be. Good Luck!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter