Need help with food question...

Dolce27

<font color=teal>It's kind of hard to ride with so
I need help by those of you that have done the Disney Dining Plan. I will be going in the middle of September and I am concerned that I will eat too much food due to the dining plan. My plan is to use my snack credit for a breakfast *on most days*, counter service for lunch, and I already have ADR's set for dinners and one character breakfast.

My plan and ADR's are as follows:

Day 1: arrival day, dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table (have never eaten here and want the experience) before MK EMH

Day 2: snack credit for breakfast, CS for lunch, Hollywood & Vine Fantasmic Package for dinner.

Day 3: snack credit for breakfast, CS for lunch, Le Cellier for dinner

Day 4: snack credit for breakfast, CS for lunch, Boma for dinner

Day 5: *snack credit* for breakfast, Beaches & Cream (pay) for late lunch, snack credit for evening 'dinner' should I get hungry again

Day 6: 1900 Park Fair for breakfast, CS or snack at Downtown Disney for lunch, CS at Cosmic Ray's at MK for dinner

Day 7: CS for breakfast at resort and depart

Now that I have given you all of that - here is my actual question(s):

I am dying to try the Tonga Toast at Kona Cafe. If I were to add it in for a breakfast on Day 5 (would have to pay) do you think that I would enjoy it or do you think that after so much food all week I would be sick of eating another heavy meal and not enjoy it? I really want to try Beaches n' Cream later that same day but I wouldn't have to eat anything else for the day if I was too full (which I'm sure I would be). I could do Kona for a breakfast and Beaches n' Cream for a late lunch/dinner.

I keep reading about so much wonderful food and I want to try *all* of it but I'm afraid that I may make myself sick. I know the CS vouchers come with a dessert and the TS vouchers have app, entree, and dessert. I understand that I wouldn't have to eat everything (such as dessert) but back to the whole 'I keep reading about so much wonderful food and I want to try *all* of it' part. Has anyone (since the DDP came out to encourage eating) planned on all of this great food, went and attempted to stick to their eating plan, only to find by the end of their vacation they were so sick of food that they didn't want to stick with all of their ADR's?

my suggestion would be to use your CS credit for breakfast (and you can find some good CS breakfasts on property, you just have to look around... yummy mickey waffles at the resort food courts, "big" breakfast platters, egg sandwiches, etc...) and your snack credit for lunch some days so that you'll be hungrier by the time your dinner adr rolls around...

and yes, we learned the breakfast/dinner "rule" by trial and error... the day that we had CS breakfast, casey's for lunch and dinner at LTT we were soooo stuffed that the food at LTT went mostly untouched (for us... when we were there last year we ordered seconds on most of the choices, when we were there in '06 we barely finished the first platter)... same thing w/our dinner at lecellier (in sept, we ate w/relish, in jan we picked at our food) after food court breakfast and lunch in mexico...

You just need to come to grips with that fact that you can't eat it all!!!

YOU need to choose what you really want to eat and only you know how much you can eat.

I think your idea of using SC is right on the money and that would work me as well. I'm not that hungry in the morning, but I did need a little something to get going. Then I was hungry for an early 12-1pm lunch. Then I would have dinner around 6-8pm. I did have one day where i lost my appitite. I had VERY little sleep (4 1/2 hours) and then went to Chef Mickeys at 7am (woke up at 5:30 for it!) I ate a pretty big breakfast and then had a very active and HOT morning at MGM. I took a 3hour nap that day and was'nt even hungry for my dinner at hoop dee doo (which is'nt the best food very anyway).

My point...i do have one. Is that every day may be diffrent and you just need to go with the flow. Also, dont worry about eating EVERYTHING! You dont NEED that desert with lunch when you'll have a better desert with dinner. You can also split breakfast in the morning...and then slip a big lunch (like the lamb platter from tangerines in epcot...yum). I would'nt use many CS 's on breakfast because there not that big or exciting. Just not a great deal ....to me at least.

Perhapes on day 5 you should have a big breakfast (tonga toast) and then have a SC (or two!) durning the day and have a normal or early dinner. That would work out.

I brought cereal bars and had those for breakfast while on the bus to the park... I ended up using a lot of SC's on water.

PS Le Cellier is the best meal! ... perhapes the best meal i'v ever had!

We had so much food on the DDP that the only thing we bought OOP in 8 nights was a 1/2 gallon of milk. We basically used snack credits for breakfasts (light, obviously), did CS lunches, and late-ish TS dinners. We sometimes shared the CS lunches.

Our trip was actually 9 full days (9 am arrival on first day, 8 pm departure), and we still had plenty of food. As to planning....I travel with DD. The best laid plans may need to be altered. You can alter ADRs after you get there if needed, sometimes even the day of the ressie. Start with your plan, but remember to enjoy the vacation. Don't let the DDP or ADRs run you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter