need help with last minute flights

pauldents

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I know its a long shot but, would anyone know a cheap way to fly to Orlando Friday 31st May 2002 and return Gatwick 03/04 June ( this weekend)?

I have tried expedia and they have BA tickets for 312.00 return but unfortunately they can't deliver them in time.

So, i tried the BA website, they can e-ticket at a cost of around 550.00 each and this would be too much, considering the short amount of time over there.

I don't mind waiting at Gatwick for a stand-by on the friday morning, but someone said that stand-by's don't really work anymore?

Any help or tips would be great.

Thanks.

Paul

Can't help I'm afraid, but have to admire your style. A long weekend in Orlando: very nice!

Regards

Rob

Cheers rob,

We did a long weekend to orlando in march 2001. Although it was only a 4 nighter, we made the most of of it and the flights (virgin direct) were only 260.00 each. We touched down at MCO at around 5.00pm, checked in, had something to eat, then went to watch a shuttle launch for 6.42 am !! For the remainder of the day we were asleep around the pool at typhoon lagoon!

Paul

Paul

Try http://www.airline-network.co.uk/ - this site will not display prices (since you departure date is less than a week away (you will need to give them a call).

Most airlines allow TOD (ticket on departure) for a small extra cost: your tickets can be ticketed at your departure airport and you can pick them up there. Did you phone Expedia and ask if they could do this (Expedia's price looks VERY good)?

Hope this is helpful - hope that you find a good price and enjoy your weekend :-)

Boo

try travelcitydirect page 222 on teletext they are always advertisin last minuit deals let us all know how you get on bast of luck

Thanks for the links and tips. I am going to try a couple now.

Expedia can't deliver in time and they can't e-ticket the BA flights at 312.00. Shame really because this is an excellent price for the time of year.

Paul

Thanks,

I have just been on the priceline website and placed a bid for 3 adult tickets for 186.00 + tax and admin (each), this got rejected, so i have upped the price to 200.00. Fingers crossed !

Paul

I have changed the departure airports to luton, heathrow and London city now, aswell as upping the price to 220 + taxes etc = 293.00 per ticket.

Do you think this may be too low ?

Gosh, its like a real life soap opera (yes, I have nothing better to do than play on my laptop at the moment... - am stuck at home ill :-( ).

You never know your luck with Priceline - it is worth starting low and working your way up (just as you are doing).

Have you tried lastmminute.com as well (just a thought).

Boo

Yeah i tried last minute, last night! All i got was BA flights for the same price as the tickets on the BA website.

I have just upped the price again to 236 + taxes per ticket and changed the arrival airport to Melbourne int. (wherever that is)!!

I have other options :-

change destination airport to tampa, st.petes, daytona or
change dates ( this i cannot do) or
make more than one connection( but i don't really want to go half the way around the world for a 3 day break)!!
and up the price

I read on a website that priceline make you a counteroffer if you aren't successful with bidding ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Paul

This "break" is going to end up like that film "planes, trains and automobiles" at this rate !!:)

236+taxes just got rejected.

Knowing my luck the Melbourne destination will probably be in Australia!! Nevermind, we will have to swap Typhoon Lagoon for Bondi beach .:)

Paul! Hold on a second and take a breath. As you discovered, PL allows you to re-bid when you make a change to either the departure airport or the destination airport. PL will kick back a re-bid as a duplicate if you have previously used the same depature/destination pair.

I would recommend instead of actually trying to fly in and out of other airports, you try the "alternative airport" stategy. That is where you start your bid with your favorite departure airport and the destination airport one that is close to MCO. TPA should work for this. Once you type in TPA as your destination, PL will list all the airports which are *near* TPA. MCO should be included in the list. Click on MCO to select it and make your bid. Even though your city pair as far as PL is concerned is Gatwick/Tampa you are really bidding Gatwick/MCO! I would start at your 200 (pound?) level because I suspect that the other cities that you included were smaller airports and may actually be more expensive than the major London airports.

BTW, I can help you more if you email me or PM me with the airport pairs you have already tried.

Originally posted by pauldents
236+taxes just got rejected.

Knowing my luck the Melbourne destination will probably be in Australia!! Nevermind, we will have to swap Typhoon Lagoon for Bondi beach .:)

LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter