• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need help with Meal pkg at POR!

mickeys friend

DIS Veteran
Can someone help me with what price they got for the standard room at the POR for Oct.1-Oct 4th.Let me know how much per adult and child (3 years old) and no insurance and with park hoppers.We're staying with this AAA package with the free meals and 4 day park hoppers at the Cont. in the towers and we are thinking of adding the above date (adding 3 more nights)only at a cheaper resort,so I got the price for room only a AAA price but I'd like to know the price if we wanted to do anyother package with the meals.Would it be cheaper to add the 4 more hopper days when we arrive at the Cont. or get 4 day hoppers,I know that if we do the meal package it must include at least 1 base day ticket,and we were thinking of upgrading our passes from that package after we got there for more days and using them later.But,since,my AAA agent is gone,I'd like some kind of numbers from AAA room only at POR to AAA meal pkg.with hoppers for 4 days.Thanks.

The POR per night is 134 plus 11.5% tax. That would be $597.64.

Do you have the package with dining now? If so, it is much cheaper to add 4 more days to an existing hopper than to buy a brand new hopper.

A 4 day hopper (14 day expire) is $234.30 per adult. An 8 day is $240.69. The is only about $7 more to add 4 days. The child pass is $194.90 for 4 days and 200.22 for 8 days.

If you are not already booked with a MYW + dining package you need to make a new reservation and it must include at least a 1 day base ticket. It would still probably be cheaper to upgrade your hopper to 7 days and then only buy a 1 day base for the MYW + dining package. I'm not sure what you have now.

We have the 4 day tickets MYW(is this what the ticket is called?) that allows us to use like the hopper tickets.We got the free meal package with the 4 day tickets insead of going for the 1 day base ticket.I'am sorry if I keep calling it a 4 day hopper (that's what I've been use to calling it),and when we arrive on Sept. 27 we were thinking of upgrading our tickets from 4 day to 7 or 10 day non expiring,that was before we decided to stay longer and change resorts,so,if we change resorts should we book free dining package again for other resort or upgrade tickets from first resort and do AAA discount on room only?

I think the free dining is a better deal than the AAA discount on room only rates. If you already have a MYW + dining package and 4 day tickets you should be able to extend your stay doing a split stay at two resorts. Then you could get the free dining for the entire trip and you would only need to upgrade your tickets which is much cheaper than buying new tickets.

Here are ticket prices.

http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/ticketchart.htm#other

I don't know how many are in your party, but the dining plan for 2 adults is $70 per night which is free. The AAA discount for a standard room at POR would be $26.80 per night. Plus, going with AAA would mean paying more for the extra days in the parks.

it is my understanding that you cannot do a split stay at two resorts and take the same tickets/package "with" you from one resort to the next, upgrading the tix and extending the dining... each resort stay would count as a separate ressie, therefore needing to buy tix all over again... (it's *much* less expensive to add a few days to a MYW ticket than to start over w/a one day, kwim?)

Lollipop Mom said:
They now have the package available to book online so you could check out the different options there!

Book Free Dining Package Online

Tried to book online with Disney, for my package (7 night POFQ, 7 Day MWY w/ hopper plus option, free dining, round trip air and ground transport) it came to $2542.90. I booked the same exact deal with AAA and it came to $2452. Why is there a $90 difference is the room discount went away? Was there a discount on the airfare? :teacher:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter