Need help with movie titles

dbarker

DIS Veteran
I need help with a couple of movies:

(1) A movie concerning an road race where the racers are given clues to the next check-point. There are 3 teenagers (2 boys and 1 girl - a sister) in the main car. One of the clues is a fish. The girl is allowed to come along in the race b/c she is good at solving puzzles. There happens to be some kind of diamond (???) heist these teenagers discover, where the diamonds are hidden in their car.

I think this is a Disney movie - maybe made in the 1960s or 1970s

(2) A movie made in the 1970s with Hayley Mills (maybe???) concerning a family that has to be frugal and very conservative with their resources. In one scene, there is a "race" where 2 cars see who can go the furthest on a few gallons of gas. The mom has a Volkswagen Beetle and has the kids push the car while she pops the clutch to get it to start (using the starter, uses up more gasoline).

Any help with the title of these movies will be greatly appreciated.

TIA.

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World? The Italian Job (the original, from 1969)? The Great Race?

Not having an actor/actress/character name makes it really hard to find :(

And the second one ... yeah, I got nothin.

I do believe that both of these movies were made by Disney. I can't think of any of the actors in the first movie. It was definitely teenagers.

Thanks for trying to help.

I finally found the first movie. :goodvibes It is "Diamonds on Wheels".

Now, to keep searching for the second one. :confused3

I think the second movie might be Annette Funicello instead of Hayley Mills.....sorry.

I found the second movie (I think). It is "Lots of Luck".

Sorry for the confusion about the actress.

Thank you for all of your help!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter