Need ideas for Chandelier, need to find glue that won't melt

Jessd

Mouseketeer<br><font color=red>Goes into NASCAR mo
Hi!

I bought an old chandelier that I want to put in DD's room. I have painted it pink and will be hanging crystals on it.

This is kind of hard to describe, so I will do my best. Around where the bulbs screw in, it is sort of like an old candle holder. The bulb screws in the middle and about 1/2 inch from the bulb, it has this little "cup" around the whole thing. I guess it would be like a really short cup and the light bulb goes in the middle. The sides come up about 1/2 inch.

I want to attach flowers around the sides where the cup part comes up.

How do I attach them? If I use hot glue, I am afraid that the heat from the bulb would soften the glue.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Jess

Hi Jess,
I work for a lighting company and the last thing you want to do is put hot glue anywhere near the rim of the bulbs or electrical outlets... instead of trying to glue flowers why dont you try and get a vine of flowers from a craft store and hang it on them or try different kinds of fabrics.. You can also get different colored lamp shades and put them on the bulbs...

Try JB Weld. It is a two part epoxy, extremely permanent & works on nearly everything. My auto mechanic once even used it to reattach a piece near the car motor, when the screw holes were rusted & stripped & wouldn't hold any more screws. Even near the heat of the engine, those pieces held together. :cheer2:

On the website it says, "Resistant to: 500° F."

Just make sure you really want those flowers there, because once they are on, they will be stuck forever. :eek: And make sure the flowers are heat resistant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter